Yuga Khan
    Captain Atom
    Mad Jim Jaspers
    Silver Surfer
    Franklin Richards
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adrian Veidt did, and of course with enough prep time the Batman could.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the problem with the dr. is that he's the only powered individual in that universe. while he's extremely powerful, it's hard to say how he'd fare against the likes of superman/thor/surfer and folks on that level.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    Spectre
    Galactus
    Any Celestial
    Any Guardian
    Any Monitor
    Darkseid
    Phoenix
    Monarch
    Superman Prime one million
    Highfather
    Odin
    Anti-Monitor
    Original Ion
    Original Parallax
    Doctor Fate
    classic Doctor Strange
    H/P Doomsday
    Adam Warlock
    Thanos
    Beyonder
    Molecule man
    Infinity Man
    Yuga Khan
    Captain Atom
    Mad Jim Jaspers
    Silver Surfer
    Franklin Richards

Fixed........they'll whoop that ass especially Spectre,Galactus,Beyonder,Mad Jim Jaspers and Molecule Man

why cross out silver surfer and darkseid?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    with prep Batm.....

nevermind
  • jaxn
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I think Franklin Richards and maybe Scarlett Witch could shut him down iuno. Him and Franklin could be the same people. Franklin is virtually a ? , ? had Galactus scared, who at one point had the Silver Surfer shook.... that's saying something LOLOL. Franklin could wish Dr.Manhattan away.

Galactus created the Surfer. Franklin is above a "? " in terms of Marvel, but I know what you mean
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na, no-one can beat him. He's pretty much ? . Franklin Richards can't even take him on nor TOAA or any celestials. DC characters are overpowered compared to Marvel and Dr. Manhattan was DC's answer to Silver Surfer times a thousand. Hyperstorm could probably beat him though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll are grossly overestimating Dr. Manhattan. He only seemed all powerful because he was in a universe where he was the only person with powers. Silver Surfer can and has done pretty much everything Manhattan did and much more.
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never know maybe Hulk could take him out. Phoenix/Jean Gray could take him. Most telepaths-Cable, Prof X
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    a-grave247 wrote: »
    never know maybe Hulk could take him out. Phoenix/Jean Gray could take him. Most telepaths-Cable, Prof X

Telepaths can't take him out let alone read him. He's not overrated neither.
  • a-grave247
    Options

How do you know. He didn't face a telepath in Watchmen. He can see the past, present and future at the same time, but he couldn't clcok on what Veid's master plan was
  • jaxn
    Options
    Na, no-one can beat him. He's pretty much ? . Franklin Richards can't even take him on nor TOAA or any celestials. DC characters are overpowered compared to Marvel and Dr. Manhattan was DC's answer to Silver Surfer times a thousand. Hyperstorm could probably beat him though.

He may be pretty much ? in the Watchmen Universe, but that wouldn't be the case in the DCU, nor the MU. He was literally the only superpowered character in the Watchmen Universe. Franklin absolutely would defeat him, let alone the Celestials. This DC characters being overpowered compared to Marvel's idea is a myth. There's no truth behind it.
  • jaxn
    Options

I don't recall there being any telepaths in the Watchmen series for you to make this assumption.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Not to mention that the Silver Surfer can see past. present, and future too and is still susceptible to psionic attacks.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    If Superman is susceptible to psionics, dr manhattan is.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Plus Silver surfer was beaten by Dr. Doom. That ? wouldn't happen to Doctor Manhattan.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    After reading this, i retract my statement, sorry:
    Hi. I'm a huge Silver Surfer fan and have read Watchmen at least 5 times. I also understand the quantum mechanics that governs Manhattan's powers.

He is destroyed by the Silver Surfer. Manhattan has control over quantum fields from field theory. Surfer has control over the four fundamental forces of nature and wields the Power Cosmic, which allows him to do anything he imagines. He is superior to Manhattan in every single way.

Manhattan cannot control time. He once said "we're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings." He is a constrained along one temporal axis, just as normal humans are. Surfer is not. Surfer controls time and space to some degree. He has time traveled and taken others with him before. Surfer is superior in this aspect.

Manhattan has never been shown to destroy anything more complicated than a tank or a human. While his actual limit is much higher than shown, I HIGHLY doubt he's able to deconstruct an entity as strong as the Surfer. And even if he could, Surfer has reconstructed himself from the atomic scale.

Surfer could not permanently destroy Manhattan but he would wreck his ? every time he reappeared. Surfer has an insane speed advantage over Manhattan. That is a win for the Surfer.

As for deconstructing Galactus, that is laughable. Galactus is an abstract and only has a physicality to help lower life forms perceive him. He has destroyed abstract concepts before and wields the power to destroy and create multiverses. Manhattan is a bug to Galactus.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Plus Silver surfer was beaten by Dr. Doom. That ? wouldn't happen to Doctor Manhattan.

Dr. Doom
    is basically ? of the Marvel Universe now.
    Losing to Dr. Doom isn't exactly a low showing.
  • jaxn
    Options

Surfer losing to Doom involves prep. Doom isn't on a level to just show up and fight guys like Surfer/Thor/Superman..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After reading this, i retract my statement, sorry:
    Hi. I'm a huge Silver Surfer fan and have read Watchmen at least 5 times. I also understand the quantum mechanics that governs Manhattan's powers.

He is destroyed by the Silver Surfer. Manhattan has control over quantum fields from field theory. Surfer has control over the four fundamental forces of nature and wields the Power Cosmic, which allows him to do anything he imagines. He is superior to Manhattan in every single way.

Manhattan cannot control time. He once said "we're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings." He is a constrained along one temporal axis, just as normal humans are. Surfer is not. Surfer controls time and space to some degree. He has time traveled and taken others with him before. Surfer is superior in this aspect.

Manhattan has never been shown to destroy anything more complicated than a tank or a human. While his actual limit is much higher than shown, I HIGHLY doubt he's able to deconstruct an entity as strong as the Surfer. And even if he could, Surfer has reconstructed himself from the atomic scale.

Surfer could not permanently destroy Manhattan but he would wreck his ? every time he reappeared. Surfer has an insane speed advantage over Manhattan. That is a win for the Surfer.

As for deconstructing Galactus, that is laughable. Galactus is an abstract and only has a physicality to help lower life forms perceive him. He has destroyed abstract concepts before and wields the power to destroy and create multiverses. Manhattan is a bug to Galactus.

This is probably the best synopsis of things. Manhattan has power over all matter though as all matter is composed of atoms which Dr. Manhattan can manipulate. He doesn't have the same abilities as someone like Surfer but its hard to say they could defeat him as well as its hard to say he could defeat them.

His ability to deconstruct and reconstruct matter is ? -like, he can also reconstruct himself if he is ever disintegrated which makes him difficult to ? .
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The One Above All eraser game is too strong.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aunty Monitor >>>>

Aunty_Monitor_%28Earth-9047%29_1.jpg

• a-grave247
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

He may be pretty much ? in the Watchmen Universe, but that wouldn't be the case in the DCU, nor the MU. He was literally the only superpowered character in the Watchmen Universe. Franklin absolutely would defeat him, let alone the Celestials. This DC characters being overpowered compared to Marvel's idea is a myth. There's no truth behind it.

ok....