Rash Limbaugh: Why Can’t I Talk About Race Without Liberals Calling Me Racist...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.mediaite.com/online/limbaugh-why-cant-i-talk-about-race-without-liberals-calling-me-racist/
Rush Limbaugh asked on his radio show today why liberals always want to have conversations about race, but when he attempts to engage in such conversations, those same people dismiss him and call him a racist.

Limbaugh was responding to the media coverage of his comments about Michelle Obama talking race to the 2015 class of Tuskegee University. Limbaugh said she’s playing the race card, and ended up getting scolded by plenty of media outlets, CNN and Media Matters among them.

Today Limbaugh said that liberals don’t really want to have an honest conversation about race, they want to make sure you “say the right thing” on race lest they come to “destroy you.”

“I do not fear discussing race on this program,” Limbaugh declared, “I don’t run from talking about it, and I do not do so in an incendiary way. And each time I do, I get raked across the coals. I get ripped to shreds in the drive-by media.”

And in case the point wasn’t clear already, later in the program Limbaugh said whenever conservatives like himself try to talk about race, “they shut it down, call you a racist or a bigot.”

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He dont get it, he never will.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He trolling at this point
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

exactly. IDK why anybody puts stock into what this goof and the goofs at faux "news" say. Its all trolling and said to rile people up and get views to see what other dumb ? they will say. They dont even believe all of the ? that comes off their lips.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because liberals hate when you express a strong opinion when it runs contrary to their views.

And with that said rush Limbaugh is anti black
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rush%20Limbaugh%20Is%20a%20Big%20Fat%20Idiot.jpg

I thought y'all knew.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stop saying ? like 'playing the race card" wtf is a race card?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    "i want to say racist things without any backlash"

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »

Nah. He does get it. Hes just gonna act ignorant to reach ignorant people so he can continue making money.

All these conservative show hosts all create a character and play that character on their shows.

What gets me is that there are millions of real Americans that relate to these fake created characters.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    " I dont know why people call me racist. I have a lot of black friends... my butler is black" - Rush limbaugh
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white privilege at work. Play the game how it go, ya'll ain't innocent all the time. A white person discussing race should be looked at under the same microscope as a black man walking in a white neighborhood with a hoodie minding his business. If you automatically assume that the black man is a criminal or a suspect, then the white man is automatically a racist. What makes the first stereotype any more true than the second when there may or may not be evidence of both.
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These muhfukaz have very particular vision. I asked one dude on Facebook, how can you demand respect for officers and feel the way you do when they are called pigs, yet you openly disrespect the commander in chief of this nation and say nothing when people on your timeline compare him to a monkey? You feel its your right as a red blooded American to challenge the person holding thee highest position of authority in this country, yet its disrespectful when other citizens don't simply shut up and comply when dealing with those with low or local positions of authority.

Of course I get crickets though.

white privilege at work. Play the game how it go, ya'll ain't innocent all the time. A white person discussing race should be looked at under the same microscope as a black man walking in a white neighborhood with a hoodie minding his business. If you automatically assume that the black man is a criminal or a suspect, then the white man is automatically a racist. What makes the first stereotype any more true than the second when there may or may not be evidence of both.

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Nah. He does get it. Hes just gonna act ignorant to reach ignorant people so he can continue making money.

All these conservative show hosts all create a character and play that character on their shows.

What gets me is that there are millions of real Americans that relate to these fake created characters.

I think it's a mixture of both. Some of them are just pandering to what they feel is a valuable market/audience…playing extra naive and oblivious to relate to their audience and keep with brand consistency, like Bill O'Reilly. I always got this vibe from him that he doesn't even believe half the ? he says.. he's just happy he don't have to work on Entertainment Tonight anymore.

People like Rush I think are characters that are inspired from a caricature of his actual beliefs. I think deep down he actually is a typical old white racist and he just amplifies that for entertainment and fortune.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

I think it's a mixture of both. Some of them are just pandering to what they feel is a valuable market/audience…playing extra naive and oblivious to relate to their audience and keep with brand consistency, like Bill O'Reilly. I always got this vibe from him that he doesn't even believe half the ? he says.. he's just happy he don't have to work on Entertainment Tonight anymore.

I think it was A Current Affair.. Or maybe Inside Edition.. Not Entertainment Tonight.

I'm gonna go hang myself now.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Poe's Law at its finest
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

I think it was A Current Affair.. Or maybe Inside Edition.. Not Entertainment Tonight.

I'm gonna go hang myself now.

ahh you right too it was inside edition. Know your enemy!