DJ Premier Recalls Suge Punking Him And Telling Biggie To F**k Off(Premo Finds Thread PG.4)

Options
Busta Carmichael
Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
edited July 2017 in The Forum of Fame
Premier rewound a couple years to the infamous '95 Source Awards when Suge fired shots at Diddy while accepting an award. "I’ll tell you an ill story. The day after Suge did that at the Source Awards was a New Music Seminar convention. [People thought] that Suge needs to watch him himself because he’ll get jumped in New York. No. We were at a panel with Buckwild and a couple other brothers. Then Big walked in. At the time, [Death Row] wanted Lady of Rage to work with me, I was like, I can’t do it until I get back from my tour. Rage and I were friends for a long time. But Suge’s brother was like, 'If you can’t do it now, you can’t do it at all.' We did the songs and they didn’t accept them."
Screen+Shot+2013-03-12+at+9.48.01+AM.png

Me, Big and Buckwild are kicking it, laughing, chopping it up," Premier continued telling XXL. "All of a sudden, we hear someone go, 'You.' We look and it’s Suge Knight. We were all leaning against the wall. I go, 'Me?' He goes, 'You.' He comes over and goes, 'Yo man, I didn’t really like those songs you did for Rage.' I was like, 'Yo, I didn’t want to do the songs but your staff told me I had to. I didn’t have time to do it but that’s my homie and I want to be on her album.' He goes, 'Don’t worry about [it]. When can yo do some new beats?' I go, 'Couple of weeks.' He goes, 'Well, Dogg Pound is coming out first so you got another month.' He was talking very civilized. I gave him a hug. Big walks up to Suge and says, 'Ayo, I want to get in touch with Dre to do a couple of songs on my new album Life After Death.' Suge just looks at him and goes, 'Yeah, aight.' And walks off.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/news/id.13363/title.dj-premier-talks-notorious-big-jeru-the-damaja-beef-death-row-records

tumblr_ncpili8JjJ1qd8codo1_400.gif

504i9c.jpg

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    But wasn't Biggie beefing with them? idk if that's a L if they were face to face and he still asked for a Dre beat in the middle of a feud. Seems he was ? with him. He could have had a Dre beat by the next year.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    But wasn't Biggie beefing with them? idk if that's a L if they were face to face and he still asked for a Dre beat in the middle of a feud. Seems he was ? with him. He could have had a Dre beat by the next year.

They weren't beefing "beefing!" at the time. Suge just didn't like the disrespect the east coast was showing.

Biggie prolly had idea or paid no mind that Suge didn't like him and puff.

Prolly why Suge recruited pac and filled his head with lies that bad boy was to blame.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

They weren't beefing "beefing!" at the time. Suge just didn't like the disrespect the east coast was showing.

I'm confused, what disrespect are you talking about?
    Booing them at the source awards, shooting up their trailer, east coast artist throwing subliminals and shots at the west during the Dre/snoop era.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaooooo @ the bugs bunny gif
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So he didn't tell Biggie to F off. TS's subject is wrong. Premier did end up producing a few tracks from Rage's CD:

11. "Some ? " DJ Premier 3:06
    12. "Microphone Pon ? " (featuring Madd 1) DJ Premier 4:14

The song Microphone Pon ? was quite good. I don't remember the other track. Wiki has this tidbit too, about a leftover track that Premier did, that didn't make the album:

"The Set Up" (featuring Heather B. & Nikki D) (produced by DJ Premier)
    The song was confirmed as a diss song to rival Foxy Brown who previously made derogatory comments about Rage and Heather B. in a particular interview. The track however was subsequently deleted from the album's track listing.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    So no one got punked and no one got told to fck off??? :-?

"'Yo, I didn’t want to do the songs but your staff told me I had to." Nah, premo definitely got punked fam

I think you misunderstand. Premo was a big fan of Rage's and wanted to do tracks for her. He didn't want to rush the job but did anyways.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    So no one got punked and no one got told to fck off??? :-?

"'Yo, I didn’t want to do the songs but your staff told me I had to." Nah, premo definitely got punked fam

Yeah I thought he sounded pressured there, but he did actually want to do the songs as Rage was his girl...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    edit: double post...
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Calling me a liar smh. I'm just stating facts.

Tim dog started it with being salty over the west success. Am I lying?

Jay-z said "too much west coast ? licking" nh insinuates saltines. Am I lying?

Common(not from the east, but still) made I used to love her. Still lying?

I can go on all day. But I don't really see the point, cuz I'm really not interested in this debate.

Tim Dogg Dissed NWA, clearly stated that He was cool with Cube and Ice T....Underlined was 96....We need a couple more examples.....
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props on the link to a Premo interview...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

I'm confused, what disrespect are you talking about?
    Booing them at the source awards, shooting up their trailer, east coast artist throwing subliminals and shots at the west during the Dre/snoop era.
    You're a manipulative liar and a professional troll. You're making it seem like the East Coast was the main antagonist.

Dude, how old are you? In the 90s, NYC was disrespectful to anyone not from the city. That was just a given. They didn't really want to show anyone love. Hell, NYC booed Outkast when they won an award, and there wasn't even a beef there.

But the west got love in the tri state the radio stayed playing their music. So it has to be 2 sides.
  • wAXed_poetic
    wAXed_poetic Members Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z spit that line on a Wake up show freestyle before his album if I recall correctly. Not sure what year. Pretty sure he was on there with Jaz o
This discussion has been closed.