An Ode to Murrisa

Options
oatmealdude
oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
Walking for miles till my feet got tried, in those moments it seemed like I wanted to rip my skin off its seams so I wouldn't feel the effects of emotions that stitched  to souls that shoot through bones and  weave its consequences that get temporarily painted on open pores for the world to see. I wish it would rain so these colors of grief bled a little cause right about now my hearts on my sleeve and I had rather it not be. So I put my head down and continue walking on this long journey from love in the first to its last dog days of summer. Covered pavements of blackened gum spots all tell stories, mouths full of truth via tongues and licked lips. Back to the point of this written, I watched our candle burn to the bottom of the glass filled with black marks in and around the rim left by the matches we lit here; though empty the flame still burns beautifully.  The lines were blurred and truths got mixed up with illogical ramblings and sentiments. I sit here with a heavy heart with no way to let go so I write this in condolences cause it’ll hurt me more than you know. See Imma miss the warm kisses we shared blanketed by rainfall while still getting wet even though under construction scaffolds. The texture of your hair while I ran my fingers through, looking into your eyes telling you I love you. Your tense awkward nature when you get hot and bothered flushed with color. The creases that formed your smile softened the blows of my all my bad days. The way your intellect mesh so well with who you are that, warm fuzzy feeling I get when we speak. The lockjaw I get because I couldn't seem to keep from smiling the way I do because you had me place your words together which kept me rich in debt in love with you.  So, now with red eyes, blue heart stapled black with unwarranted feelings directing traffic to all things end. At least that is what they say; I had 600 seconds to this rant so it’s time to wrap it up. See because it isn't enough to love you in a way that doesn't isolate everyone around it. Isn't enough that I want you selfishly to myself but couldn't help but share you with the world. This wedding of our futures started at “hello” never letting up. so what happens when you`re stuck in love not wanting to let go and fighting for every piece as the fly on wall turn into many plastered on an open wound of sadden confusion of a broken reality .Its drowning me deeper with each passing current, each stroke harder than the last. It is hard to breathe because these waves crash more brutally, together we were on this sinking ship like Jack & Rose we jumped all in this sea of time that wasn't wasted. Who would have thought at our first encounter we would end up here? We're so far removed from barriers that kept us safe from the unknown, I pray we wash up on shores together on this beach of life where landfills of emotional baggage are in abundance, if not like Jack “I love you”.