6. We Are the Ones (Reservoir Poetry)
7. Telephone
8. Call Waiting (Interlude)
9. Yaa I Get It
10. Listen
11. At the Same Time
12. We Myself and I
13. Outro

I first heard of Shad when Kanye put a video for Brother (Watching) on his blog. In May Shad released a new album TSOL and it is really amazing. These Canadian rappers are great, I have listened to K'naan constantly lately also Shad and I might check K-os out soon

Anyone heard it - thoughts?

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Neslom wrote: »
    TSOL.jpg
    1. Intro
    2. Rose Garden
    3. Keep Shining
    4. Lucky 1's
    5. A Good Name
    6. We Are the Ones (Reservoir Poetry)
    7. Telephone
    8. Call Waiting (Interlude)
    9. Yaa I Get It
    10. Listen
    11. At the Same Time
    12. We Myself and I
    13. Outro

I first heard of Shad when Kanye put a video for Brother (Watching) on his blog. In May Shad released a new album TSOL and it is really amazing. These Canadian rappers are great, I have listened to K'naan constantly lately also Shad and I might check K-os out soon

Anyone heard it - thoughts?

Thanks for this post, i've not checked him out!

K'Naan's Dusty Foot Philosopher album was a personal classic to me, but K-Os is by far my favourite Canadian artist.

You should check his entire catalogue, but Joyful Rebellion is possibly my favourite of his.
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I haven't given Dusty Foot so many spins yet but he is a really great artist.

Shad's The Old Prince is also dope. I thought about getting K-os Yes! but I'll check the one you mentioned out too

Some TSOL...
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this dude stole my name...now I gotta come up with another rap name..damn
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i had a thread on here tryna get people into shad glad to see others know he exist dude is dope
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Neslom wrote: »
    I haven't given Dusty Foot so many spins yet but he is a really great artist.

Shad's The Old Prince is also dope. I thought about getting K-os Yes! but I'll check the one you mentioned out too

Some TSOL...

The Dusty Foot is worth a lot of spins for sure, 'I Was Stabbed By Satan', 'If Rap Gets Jealous', 'Strugglin'', 'In The Beginning', loads of great, great tracks off there... much more than his follow up.

I'll be checking Shad out today...

K-Os Yes! Has some of his best beats arguably, it's more of a dancefloor filler album, but it's a great, great disc. You can't really go wrong with either. But Joyful Rebellion is much more of a masterpiece. Get both if you can :tu

Thanks for the vids, just listened to the top one, I like the production, he sounds decent, I'll be checking more :tu

Joyful Rebellion:

Yes!:
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited July 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    The Dusty Foot is worth a lot of spins for sure, 'I Was Stabbed By Satan', 'If Rap Gets Jealous', 'Strugglin'', 'In The Beginning', loads of great, great tracks off there... much more than his follow up.

I'll be checking Shad out today...

K-Os Yes! Has some of his best beats arguably, it's more of a dancefloor filler album, but it's a great, great disc. You can't really go wrong with either. But Joyful Rebellion is much more of a masterpiece. Get both if you can :tu

Thanks for the vids, just listened to the top one, I like the production, he sounds decent, I'll be checking more :tu

After re-listening to The Dusty Foot I think it's a bit more conscious than Troubadour, I love both albums.

I think I'll start with Joyful Rebellion from K-os.

You should check Shad's The Old Prince too or at least the song Brother (Watching)