Jalen Rose defines ether

Options
fightforolddc
fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://deadspin.com/jalen-rose-calls-chris-webber-delusional-1704374319

Here’s what he said about Webber to Larry Brown Sports:

“One dude traveled then called timeout. One dude lied to grand jury and hasn’t apologized. One dude tried to circumvent the documentary to HBO. One dude ignored multiple requests from everyone involved after agreeing to participate. One dude played like (President) Obama and sat in a suite during Michigan’s recent title game. One dude slandered Ed Martin after all he did for him and his family. One dude is not in contact with the other four (which is all good). One dude has been doing a rebuttal doc for four years. One dude clearly is delusional and still in denial,” Rose said of Webber in messages to Larry Brown Sports.

“Congrats on your amazing success! Respect had no price. Man up.”

Damn. There is responding to negative comments, and there is going absolutely scorched earth on a former friend, and Rose definitely went for the latter. I don’t think there is going to be a 25-year reunion of their recruitment next year.

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Wow that's definitely ether...well deserved it seems like though.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then on the radio jalen said Chris is his brother, they go back a long time, and congrats on his tv ? but he's having delusions of grandeur and he needs to man up
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “I’m embarrassed, and I’m disappointed, in how he’s chosen to go about this,” Fab Five member Jimmy King said yesterday on the Ryan & Rico Show on 105.1 FM in Detroit. “I think he has personal issues. I think he likes a little drama, carrying on with certain things, as far as relationships are concerned, that could have been handled years ago. I think that it’s a personal flaw that he has.” King also referred to Webber as a “habitual liar”.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fab 5 overrated anyways, yeah I said it, did I stutt-tt-er?

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea but Jalen drags himself down when he brings it up. Makes him look just as bad

Sound like he got a lil Scottie Pippen, Lloyd Banks syndrom, where no matter how big you get you forever linked to a 'bigger' star.

What he gon say when CWebb in the hall of fame? The more time passes, the more petty ROSE seems for keep bringing it up. Cwebb mindin his own business, his personal ? is just that, HIS ? . Rose the only one ever bringing this ? up. "you dont talk to us", ngga yall grown as ?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fab 5 overrated anyways, yeah I said it, did I stutt-tt-er?

cool.
    Cookie.gif
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is this all about?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What is this all about?

@S2J Rose didnt come out of nowhere it was C-webb that said some ? in an interview and the OP was Jalen's response .. but what c webb said, im paraphrasing but it was something along the line of Rose wanted the fab 5 doc to be about him and not the group.. and only told him once a week ahead of time about it being made (which rose and jimmy king say is ? ) and thats why he wasnt in it .. HES making a doc to tell the truth and writing a book yadadada
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    What is this all about?

@S2J Rose didnt come out of nowhere it was C-webb that said some ? in an interview and the OP was Jalen's response .. but what c webb said, im paraphrasing but it was something along the line of Rose wanted the fab 5 doc to be about him and not the group.. and only told him once a week ahead of time about it being made (which rose and jimmy king say is a ? ) and thats why he wasnt in it .. HES making a doc to tell the truth and writing a book yadadada

Gotcha......Jalen doesn't strike me as that type of dude.
  • JusDre313
    edited May 2015
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    “I’m embarrassed, and I’m disappointed, in how he’s chosen to go about this,” Fab Five member Jimmy King said yesterday on the Ryan & Rico Show on 105.1 FM in Detroit. “I think he has personal issues. I think he likes a little drama, carrying on with certain things, as far as relationships are concerned, that could have been handled years ago. I think that it’s a personal flaw that he has.” King also referred to Webber as a “habitual liar”.

man i believe it man.. they from my city so i got love for both of them..

but i watch Jalen Podcast on the regular for about 3 years now.. and every now and then C Webb gets brought up and Jalen said it.. that timeout back in the day.. psychologically he never got over that ? .. and im using Jalens words now "even though he made $200-$300 million over a loooong nba career, has a great life and made something of himself, borderline hall of famer.., but you cant let that timeout go" he said he always felt that CWebb distanced himself from the rest of the fab 5 as a way to .. in his mind.. distance himself from Michigan and in a sense distancing himself from the timeout i guess to try to forget about it.. its kinda crazy.. but hey no matter who you are..every one has issues they havent dealt with i guess
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is this all about?

@S2J Rose didnt come out of nowhere it was C-webb that said some ? in an interview and the OP was Jalen's response .. but what c webb said, im paraphrasing but it was something along the line of Rose wanted the fab 5 doc to be about him and not the group.. and only told him once a week ahead of time about it being made (which rose and jimmy king say is ? ) and thats why he wasnt in it .. HES making a doc to tell the truth and writing a book yadadada

Ok, that changes a lot. BUT, since Jalen has had a voice out here for about 5 years now, this is what i been consistently hearin from him
    d.green wrote: »

man i believe it man.. they from my city so i got love for both of them..

but i watch Jalen Podcast on the regular for about 3 years now.. and every now and then C Webb gets brought up and Jalen said it.. that timeout back in the day.. psychologically he never got over that ? .. and im using Jalens words now "even though he made $200-$300 million over a loooong nba career, has a great life and made something of himself, borderline hall of famer.., but you cant let that timeout go" he said he always felt that CWebb distanced himself from the rest of the fab 5 as a way to .. in his mind.. distance himself from Michigan and in a sense distancing himself from the timeout i guess to try to forget about it.. its kinda crazy.. but hey no matter who you are..every one has issues they havent dealt with i guess

Now i remember that, and that was unsolicited, so imo my point still stands : jalen is foul for that

If i go back years w/ a mfer, i know his fam and vice verse, but we just fall out bc ife happens (bruh that happens A LOT), what do i look like goin on tellin people about 'the real you'. All bc in Jalen mind he disrespected Ed Martin posthumously
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Webber been a emontional ? . so smh
  • Beta
    Options
    word, all it woulda took is one check, ida been like "? what time out? im rich now"

That's why I have a hard time believing what rose said...
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Webber IS a guy who seems to take ? personal for years. He STILL salty at Philly for the fans running him outta there when he was doing the stupid ? while a Sixer too often.
  • JusDre313
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    word, all it woulda took is one check, ida been like "? what time out? im rich now"

That's why I have a hard time believing what rose said...

i hear ya.. but why is hard to believe though? remember Lebron after getting so much criticism after going to MIA, he started being booed and changed his game and was trying to be the bad guy? ended up losing to DAL...or hell that story i read here about MJ yelling at Mugsy that time "shoot the ? ball you midget" and Mugsy saying his jumper was never the same again lolol.. ? happens

not saying its the truth, but i dont think its that far fetched.. and im with yall, i wouldnt have gave a ? after getting drafted my damn self..
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol Bron didn't change his game and then lost to Dallas. It was after Dallas where he changed his game and brought 2 titles to the franchise
  • JusDre313
    Options
    bruh he said it himself, everyone was making him out to be the villain for the way he left Cleveland and that year he tried to act like it, said he was playing angry, and he never played like that before and they lost, and i aint saying thats why they lost, then he came back the next year and they did they thang.. twice
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol Bron didn't change his game and then lost to Dallas. It was after Dallas where he changed his game and brought 2 titles to the franchise

He didn't mean to say change his game per se but his demeanor when LeBron tried to do the villain thing that eventually wound up not working for him

All in all I have a hard time believing that a guy basically losing a game for a team 20 years ago in college at that is really still holding on to it. It might be different it webber wasn't a good player and that game win woulda got him to the league or something but now he works at applebees or something but that ain't the case
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Webber not holding on to that, Rose, King and Jackson are the only people bringing that ? up. They also salty that those Michigan banners were taking down and blame Chris for that but forget Jalen also took money from that guy so those banners were coming down because of Rose too.

• dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Webber not holding on to that, Rose, King and Jackson are the only people bringing that ? up. They also salty that those Michigan banners were taking down and blame Chris for that but forget Jalen also took money from that guy so those banners were coming down because of Rose too.
    In the documentary Jalen said NCAA has a rule that you can receive money, if that person took care of you before you enrolled in to college, I am paraphrasing here what the rule states .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

They bring it up when they're asked about it but if you watch Jalen Rose's podcast he rarely if ever brings it up. 90% of the time when he does he doesn't go into any more detail than "It'd be great to have the whole Fab 5 together again"...it ain't like he crying on tv about not talking to Webber. Just thinks it's ? up how much he's distanced himself from the Fab 5. I mean when you got 4 of the Fab 5 sitting together in the crowd at a Michigan game and Webber purposely avoids them that's going to make him look more like an ass than them.