Superman prime
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    SuperBoy Prime for the first battle but Thanos FTW
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Superman Prime or Superboy Prime? there is a difference as it's 2 completely different characters.

Superboy Prime was briefly known as Superman Prime for a cup of coffee because of the Superboy lawsuit that was going on a few years back. He revered back to his original name and identity by 2008 though.

Superman Prime is close to a ? and basically what happened to all-star superman after spending all those years repairing the sun.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't nobody like to talk about it because they're geeked over the Avengers movies, but in the comics Thanos has gotten the ? beaten out of him on more than one occasion.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't nobody like to talk about it because they're geeked over the Avengers movies, but in the comics Thanos has gotten the ? beaten out of him on more than one occasion.

By who? What makes him so powerful. To me, he reminds me of a watered down. Darkseid with a high level intellect.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    If it's just an impromptu head to head fight, Superman Prime should win. If we're talking about Thanos trying to accomplish something, and Superman Prime trying to stop him, I'd go with Thanos.

By who? What makes him so powerful. To me, he reminds me of a watered down. Darkseid with a high level intellect.

He's been beaten by like Odin and Galactus. So it's not like he's out there losing to run of the mill enemies.
  • lord nemesis

817552-annihilation4026pp7.jpg
  • lord nemesis
    If it's just an impromptu head to head fight, Superman Prime should win. If we're talking about Thanos trying to accomplish something, and Superman Prime trying to stop him, I'd go with Thanos.

He's been beaten by like Odin and Galactus. So it's not like he's out there losing to run of the mill enemies.

I read somewhere that ? lost to Squirrel Girl too. For his sake I hope that story wasn't in continuity.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited May 2015

817552-annihilation4026pp7.jpg

1) That was not a fight. Drax literally crept on Thanos and did that while Thanos was freeing Galactus and the Silver Surfer.

2) Drax was created specifically to ? Thanos.

3) Thanos wanted to die.

I read somewhere that ? lost to Squirrel Girl too. For his sake I hope that story wasn't in continuity.

It was retconned to be a Thanos clone. That shouldn't matter though. Squirrel Girl is a joke character. She has wins over lots of high level Marvel villains.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Thanos and it's not close. Talking about Thanos gets beat down (he doesn't, not often), when Superboy Prime got he beats from the Teen Titans.

And let's not discuss the many ways Thanos would break him in half. Cause there's too many to count.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanos wanted Drax to ? him in that pic
  • BangEm_Bart
    I'm still siding with superman prime judging by their powersets and skills. Thanos may outsmart supes but honestly prime is just too fast and strong for Thanos.
  • lord nemesis
    Ok, this is more than one panel.
    2432356-warlockinfinitywatch008_14.jpg
    3008561-7051823968-10325.jpg
    2432333-warlockinfinitywatch008_18.jpg

Looked like she kicked that ? eyeballs out his head.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supes he's a gawd
  • BangEm_Bart
    I'm not even a superman fan but that ? will murk 99 percent of marvel alone. DC is full of overpowered characters.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited May 2015
    Ok, this is more than one panel.
    2432356-warlockinfinitywatch008_14.jpg
    3008561-7051823968-10325.jpg
    2432333-warlockinfinitywatch008_18.jpg

Looked like she kicked that ? eyeballs out his head.

Did you not even read that? Gamora herself said that Thanos was just faking being hurt.

Gamora is pretty much known as one of the best women fighters in Marvel, and Thanos is the one that trained her.
  • lord nemesis
    I never said he was out here catching fades from characters that weren't legit. Fact is though, he has zero chance against Superman Prime unless he has a loaded up Infinity Gauntlet and it's doubtful if he could beat Superboy Prime either.
  • The Lonious Monk
    I'm inclined to agree. Thanos is comparable to Darkseid and both Superman Prime and Superboy Prime are beyond Darkseid, so I don't really see Thanos beating either of them in a normal 1on1 fight. It would probably go like his battle with Odin, where he would take their best shots, but not really have a chance of winning.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanos W/ Prep >>>>
    Thanos W/ IG >>>>
    Superman Prime Random Encounter >>>
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant that superman get ultimate power from the sun like the original? If so then he wins.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited May 2015
    Meester wrote: »
    Cant that superman get ultimate power from the sun like the original? If so then he wins.

If I'm not mistaken, Superman Prime is the version of Supes that sundipped for a couple centuries, so he's about as powerful as the sun will get him. Now a real fight I'd want to see would be

Superman Prime

3764497-8137120758-Super.jpg

vs

Power Cosmic Superman

CosmicSuperman.jpg

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd give Superman Prime the majority
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    ok now that i know its SUPERMAN PRIME, thanos taking an asswhooping. Superman prime had a green lantern ring also... not even close