Options

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Whether it's the Golden Superman Prime (who has 0 feats and anything to suggest he can hurt Thanos) or Superboy Prime, Thanos lays the beats.

Superboy Prime not much faster or stronger than a normal Superman, has no telepathy defenses, got mollywhopped by Martian Manhunter, hurt by Krypto the dog, fought rather evenly with Superboy, lost to the Teen Titans, lost to Flash 1v1, got banished by the Flashes combined, etc. None of these people are close to Thanos's level.

Also Superboy Prime is powered by sunlight, and Thanos can drain energy, depowering him.

As far as strength, Thanos fights evenly and beats the likes of Ego the living planet (who beat Galactus), Thor with Warrior Madness (10x boost)+ the Power Gem, Classic Drax (who ripped a star in half), and so on. He stomped the Annihilators (Ronan, Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar) tot he point that Adam Warlock interfered so they wouldn't die, he beat a cosmic cube being, took the best Odin and Galactus had, beat Rot, has taken lightyear wide blackholes without much of a scratch, etc.

Anyone saying Superboy or Superman Prime has a chance ain't making sense and can't know comics too well.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman prime.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Whether it's the Golden Superman Prime (who has 0 feats and anything to suggest he can hurt Thanos) or Superboy Prime, Thanos lays the beats.

Superboy Prime not much faster or stronger than a normal Superman, has no telepathy defenses, got mollywhopped by Martian Manhunter, hurt by Krypto the dog, fought rather evenly with Superboy, lost to the Teen Titans, lost to Flash 1v1, got banished by the Flashes combined, etc. None of these people are close to Thanos's level.

Also Superboy Prime is powered by sunlight, and Thanos can drain energy, depowering him.

As far as strength, Thanos fights evenly and beats the likes of Ego the living planet (who beat Galactus), Thor with Warrior Madness (10x boost)+ the Power Gem, Classic Drax (who ripped a star in half), and so on. He stomped the Annihilators (Ronan, Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar) tot he point that Adam Warlock interfered so they wouldn't die, he beat a cosmic cube being, took the best Odin and Galactus had, beat Rot, has taken lightyear wide blackholes without much of a scratch, etc.

Anyone saying Superboy or Superman Prime has a chance ain't making sense and can't know comics too well.

I'm pretty sure there is a whole lot of context being left out in your discussion of Superboy Prime. I mean you say he's not much stronger than a normal Superman despite the fact that he was beating the ? out of two Supermen simultaneously. Then you suggest that Thanos could drain his energy ignoring the fact that Monarch, a much better energy manipulator than Thanos, couldn't do it.

You're definitely leaving context out of your discussion of Thanos or in some cases misrepresenting things. When did Thanos take Galactus' best? Are you talking about the time that he put up a shield that took all of 2 seconds for Galactus to get through and then begged for his life? That's not exactly taking someone's best.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

As far as strength, Thanos fights evenly and beats the likes of Ego the living planet (who beat Galactus), Thor with Warrior Madness (10x boost)+ the Power Gem, Classic Drax (who ripped a star in half), and so on. He stomped the Annihilators (Ronan, Surfer, Beta

Ray Bill, Quasar) tot he point that Adam Warlock interfered so they wouldn't die, he beat a cosmic cube being, took the best Odin and Galactus had, beat Rot, has taken lightyear wide blackholes without much of a scratch, etc.

The irony of this guy accusing people of not knowing comics too well and then saying in the same post that Superman Prime had no feats even though DC One Million stated them almost 20 years ago.

He broke through the source wall and came back (nobody in the history of the DCU did that again except for the white lantern a few months ago). While in the source wall he gained wisdom and abilities from the source itself. the source aka the most divine and omnipotent force in he entire DCU and that was just one feat.

It's the silver age Superman aka the most powerful Superman with all his old abilities beyond maxed out at their full blown peak in addition to all new ones.

In other words you have no idea what you're talking about regarding that character and to undersell him to the extent that you are isn't only ridiculous but also makes your lack of objectivity truly transparent and your ignorance about the character beyond obvious.

Here's some info to chew on

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/superman-prime-one-millions-power-levels-747026/
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is he even talking about the right character? He's saying Superboy Prime, when this is clearly Superman Prime, one of the most powerful incarnations of Superman
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't 1 of the Prime's punch thru reality?
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    is he even talking about the right character? He's saying Superboy Prime, when this is clearly Superman Prime, one of the most powerful incarnations of Superman

That ? talking about superboy. Let him cook.

jordanlaugh_zps5smqjwwy.gif
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

Did you read his post?

He's clearly talking about both as if they are interchangeable when the reality is the only thing they have in common is both being kryptonians once known as Clark Kent.

• DarkRaiden
    Options

I'm pretty sure there is a whole lot of context being left out in your discussion of Superboy Prime. I mean you say he's not much stronger than a normal Superman despite the fact that he was beating the ? out of two Supermen simultaneously. Then you suggest that Thanos could drain his energy ignoring the fact that Monarch, a much better energy manipulator than Thanos, couldn't do it.

You're definitely leaving context out of your discussion of Thanos or in some cases misrepresenting things. When did Thanos take Galactus' best? Are you talking about the time that he put up a shield that took all of 2 seconds for Galactus to get through and then begged for his life? That's not exactly taking someone's best.

At the end of the day, Superboy Prime was flown through the red sun and beaten by a Superman. Thanos has handled universal energy much better than Monarch and has drained Rot. I'd say he's the better energy manipultor and could drain Prime.

And yes in that instance Galactus stated he never had to exert himself like that to get past shields and went from being full in a panel before that to needing to feed right after. Ergo he took his best.
    Broddie wrote: »

As far as strength, Thanos fights evenly and beats the likes of Ego the living planet (who beat Galactus), Thor with Warrior Madness (10x boost)+ the Power Gem, Classic Drax (who ripped a star in half), and so on. He stomped the Annihilators (Ronan, Surfer, Beta

Ray Bill, Quasar) tot he point that Adam Warlock interfered so they wouldn't die, he beat a cosmic cube being, took the best Odin and Galactus had, beat Rot, has taken lightyear wide blackholes without much of a scratch, etc.

The irony of this guy accusing people of not knowing comics too well and then saying in the same post that Superman Prime had no feats even though DC One Million stated them almost 20 years ago.

He broke through the source wall and came back (nobody in the history of the DCU did that again except for the white lantern a few months ago). While in the source wall he gained wisdom and abilities from the source itself. the source aka the most divine and omnipotent force in he entire DCU and that was just one feat.

It's the silver age Superman aka the most powerful Superman with all his old abilities beyond maxed out at their full blown peak in addition to all new ones.

In other words you have no idea what you're talking about regarding that character and to undersell him to the extent that you are isn't only ridiculous but also makes your lack of objectivity truly transparent and your ignorance about the character beyond obvious.

Here's some info to chew on

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/superman-prime-one-millions-power-levels-747026/

And not a feat was dropped. That was pure power scaling based on a faulty premise. Superman Prime One Million has0 feats on panel that come close to Thanos's. Statements aren't feats. Hype isn't feats. So you made that whole post for nothing being as wrong as you could possibly be, linking me to a thread full of speculation. Try again ? .

And for the others I didn't quote, I addressed Superboy Prime more because he has actual feats, actual fights to discuss and is actually Superman Prime. The Golden one is Superman Prime One Million and has done absolutely nothing on panel. Any word of how strong he must be is all speculation. Equivalent of saying Odinforce Loki. We don't know who that ? is, what he can do, and only have hype.

Thus Thanos wins if you use logic and evidence/what can be proven.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited May 2015
    Options
    At the end of the day, Superboy Prime was flown through the red sun and beaten by a Superman. Thanos has handled universal energy much better than Monarch and has drained Rot. I'd say he's the better energy manipultor and could drain Prime.

And yes in that instance Galactus stated he never had to exert himself like that to get past shields and went from being full in a panel before that to needing to feed right after. Ergo he took his best.

Red sunlight weakens Kryptonians, and a sun is a pretty huge source of red light. Thanos has never shown that he could replicate that level of radiation.

And top exaggerating the Galactus feat.

4546532-9781418615-687474703a2f2f7374617469632e636f6d696376696e652e636f6d2f75706c6f6164732f6f726967696e616c2f31342f3134363239362f323831333731332d3539323335355f7468616e6f7362656174656e776730322e6a7067

All he said was that he's never had to exert himself just to break a forcefield. That doesn't mean "Oh might I'm having to use all of my energy to bypass your field." He was basically just saying that usually he can bust through forcefields effortlessly and this time he actually had to try. That clearly wasn't all Galactus had. It only took one blast to get through the field, and Galactus seemed to imply that a second blast would ? Thanos. Considering Galactus has pretty easily destroyed whole galaxies in the past, you're not very bright if you think that little blast he used against Thanos in that scan was "everything he had."
  • DarkRaiden
    Options

Red sunlight weakens Kryptonians, and a sun is a pretty huge source of red light. Thanos has never shown that he could replicate that level of radiation.

4546532-9781418615-687474703a2f2f7374617469632e636f6d696376696e652e636f6d2f75706c6f6164732f6f726967696e616c2f31342f3134363239362f323831333731332d3539323335355f7468616e6f7362656174656e776730322e6a7067

All he said was that he's never had to exert himself just to break a forcefield. That doesn't mean "Oh might I'm having to use all of my energy to bypass your field." He was basically just saying that usually he can bust through forcefields effortlessly and this time he actually had to try. That clearly wasn't all Galactus had. It only took one blast to get through the field, and Galactus seemed to imply that a second blast would ? Thanos. Considering Galactus has pretty easily destroyed whole galaxies in the past, you're not very bright if you think that little blast he used against Thanos in that scan was "everything he had."

Thanos has used energy projection that made the Universe scream. But I wasn't saying he'd use red sunlight, just pointing out that SBP lost to a Superman ultimately and is thus not far above one.

As for Galactus,he literally says in the next scan that he's depeleted.
    487687-thanos_05__thebastard_megan__pg12.jpg
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't nobody like to talk about it because they're geeked over the Avengers movies, but in the comics Thanos has gotten the ? beaten out of him on more than one occasion.

By who? What makes him so powerful. To me, he reminds me of a watered down. Darkseid with a high level intellect.

The way they portrayed him in that silver surfer cartoon. I didn't like his voice actor it didn't fit him
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I mean at one point Thanos was just a superpowered cree flying around in a helicopter. I put silver surfer above Thanos and consider the surfer and kal el a tied.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thanos nearly kills surfer with a couple punches hes waaaaay above them
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean at one point Thanos was just a superpowered cree flying around in a helicopter. I put silver surfer above Thanos and consider the surfer and kal el a tied.

...............? Not sure how to respond to this. What puts Superman on Surfer's level. And what puts Surfer AND Superman above Thanos?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Thanos has used energy projection that made the Universe scream. But I wasn't saying he'd use red sunlight, just pointing out that SBP lost to a Superman ultimately and is thus not far above one.

Yeah, I'm not saying the writing wasn't poor, but Thanos clearly didn't take Galactus' best. And Galactus couldn't have been depleted given that he was about to hit Thanos with another shot before Thanos stopped him.
  • veikuri
    Options

Yeah, I'm not saying the writing wasn't poor, but Thanos clearly didn't take Galactus' best. And Galactus couldn't have been depleted given that he was about to hit Thanos with another shot before Thanos stopped him.

To make what Galactus saying simple: He wasted a lot of energy on Thanos. Think of it as being at 100%. Then using 30% to attack. The other guy is overhyping the scan, while you are underhyping it.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who is able to murk a superman prime and/or Thanos?

I know Batman could(lol), but nah seriously who from DC is above superman prime and who in Marvel would murk Thanos?
  • jaxn
    Options
    Regarding the scene above with Galactus power being depleted. The entire scenario was based on Galactus being fed upon by an unknown entity named Hunger if i'm not mistaken. Thanos knew about this entity when he engaged Galactus, that's why he even tried it with Galactus. Galactus didn't know that Hunger was siphoning his energy at the time. it's been awhile since i've read that book, so some of the details may be off.
  • jaxn
    Options
    So who is able to murk a superman prime and/or Thanos?

I know Batman could(lol), but nah seriously who from DC is above superman prime and who in Marvel would murk Thanos?

Thanos can still be defeated, just not by your conventional top tier
  • veikuri
    Options
    Regarding the scene above with Galactus power being depleted. The entire scenario was based on Galactus being fed upon by an unknown entity named Hunger if i'm not mistaken. Thanos knew about this entity when he engaged Galactus, that's why he even tried it with Galactus. Galactus didn't know that Hunger was siphoning his energy at the time. it's been awhile since i've read that book, so some of the details may be off.

From what I remember, he just laid a trap for Galactus and he foolishly walks into it. I don't remember him siphoning his energy throughout the story.
  • jaxn
    Options
    veikuri wrote: »

From what I remember, he just laid a trap for Galactus and he foolishly walks into it. I don't remember him siphoning his energy throughout the story.

Oh ok, Its been awhile, but I think Hunger was siphoning Galactus' energy from the beginning of the arc. I'll have to check
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I honestly think regular superman might be a tied with Thanos so superman prime would wipe the floor with him.
  • veikuri
    Options
    I honestly think regular superman might be a tied with Thanos so superman prime would wipe the floor with him.

Where did you get that idea from?