Superman Prime vs Thanos

Options

Comments

• veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, Superman will ? Thanos up. He's not dumb enough to be outsmarted by him either. Kal El is a scientist that creates robots to protect his fortress. He's faster and stronger than Thanos. His speed gives him the edge. Thanos is a slow poke with super strength and durability.

Shut your ? up
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be clear about something. Superman has no chance of beating Thanos. Thanos is smart enough to figure out all of Superman's weaknesses and exploit. He's basically Lex Luthor and Darkseid combined. So stop it with this talk about regular Superman beating Thanos.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na bruh, Darkseid would ? Thanos up easily. Lex and Supes are pretty close in intellect though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Na bruh, Darkseid would ? Thanos up easily. Lex and Supes are pretty close in intellect though.

Nothing Darkseid has ever done makes me believe he could beat Thanos in a fight. The only thing Darkseid has going for him is the Omega Effect and it's questionable if it would even work on Thanos.
  • veikuri
    edited June 2015
    Options

Nothing Darkseid has ever done makes me believe he could beat Thanos in a fight. The only thing Darkseid has going for him is the Omega Effect and it's questionable if it would even work on Thanos.

Assuming you mean Pre-FP Darkseid then he is massively above Thanos without prep.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    always thought Darkseid would wreck Thanos
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    veikuri wrote: »

Assuming you mean Pre-FP Darkseid then he is massively above Thanos without prep.

Based on what? Ya'll keep on saying that, but you're not really providing any reasoning.
  • veikuri
    Options

Based on what? Ya'll keep on saying that, but you're not really providing any reasoning.

Darkseid wasn't effected by COIE so he still has his PC power.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos stomps Darkseid too, if some characters can resist Omega effect then Thanos could hes the king of durability
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

That doesn't answer the question. What has he done to make you believe he could destroy Thanos in a fight?
  • veikuri
    Options

That doesn't answer the question. What has he done to make you believe he could destroy Thanos in a fight?

The fact that he is superior in just about every conceivable way?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Based on what? Your opinion isn't proof.
  • veikuri
    Options

Based on what? Your opinion isn't proof.

Remember that guy who used to move so fast that he caused galaxy to destroy? Remember that guy who tugged along multiple planets as if it were nothing? Remember that guy who sneezed and wiped out a solar system/galaxy? Well his power got retconned by COIE. Darkseid was stronger than that Superman and his power still remains intact. Not sure if you're trolling or simply using fanboy logic IE: If I don't know what x does, but I know what y does. Then Y automatically wins.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol I haven't said anyone would win. I just pointed out that you weren't giving any reasons for why Darkseid would win. You just kept making the statement as if that was proof enough.

And honestly, none of that stuff you just mentioned matters. Darkseid's powers may not have been retconned, but his showings have not been in line with that level of power for a long time. Even if it's canonical, it doesn't matter how a character was written 30 years ago if he's not demonstrating that type of power now.

Besides, Odin couldn't put Thanos down for good easily, and Odin is still a proven galaxy buster. So your logic isn't all that air tight. And to be clear, I think Darkseid probably is a little more powerful than Thanos, but it's not as one sided as you're making it seem.
  • veikuri
    edited June 2015
    Options
    lol I haven't said anyone would win. I just pointed out that you weren't giving any reasons for why Darkseid would win. You just kept making the statement as if that was proof enough.

And honestly, none of that stuff you just mentioned matters. Darkseid's powers may not have been retconned, but his showings have not been in line with that level of power for a long time. Even if it's canonical, it doesn't matter how a character was written 30 years ago if he's not demonstrating that type of power now.

Besides, Odin couldn't put Thanos down for good easily, and Odin is still a proven galaxy buster. So your logic isn't all that air tight. And to be clear, I think Darkseid probably is a little more powerful than Thanos, but it's not as one sided as you're making it seem.

Except that it is known that Darkseid that you see in comics is an avatar of the real Darkseid. What does Odin not being able to put down Thanos have to do with anything? That's like someone getting beat up and not going down, but not exactly dishing out any damage. Thanos didn't deplete Odin of his powers so that only shows that Thanos wouldn't get back handed by Darkseid.

To quote you:

• The Lonious Monk
    edited June 2015
    Options

Except that it is known that Darkseid that you see in comics is an avatar of the real Darkseid. What does Odin not being able to put down Thanos have to do with anything? That's like someone getting beat up and not going down, but not exactly dishing out any damage. Thanos didn't deplete Odin of his powers so that only shows that Thanos wouldn't get back handed by Darkseid.

And everytime Thanos has a low showing, it turns out to be a clone. In other words, they both play that card. It doesn't change the fact that you have yet to show any definitive proof that Darkseid would destroy Thanos.

And the point of bringing up Odin is that he is a character that has the kind of power that you're claiming Darkseid has. Yet, Odin was giving Thanos his best and still couldn't put Thanos down, so you claiming that Darkseid would accomplish easily doesn't seem likely.
    To quote you:

And what's your point? I stand by that. Name one thing that Darkseid has done that confirms without a doubt that he'd wipe the floor with Thanos. You keep on coming back at me with these posts, but can't seem to offer a single shred of proof. So far, you've got nothing but speculation and your own bias. Darkseid may very well be able to tool Thanos, but you haven't even come close to building a case for that.
  • veikuri
    edited June 2015
    Options

And everytime Thanos has a low showing, it turns out to be a clone. In other words, they both play that card. It doesn't change the fact that you have yet to show any definitive proof that Darkseid would destroy Thanos.

And the point of bringing up Odin is that he is a character that has the kind of power that you're claiming Darkseid has. Yet, Odin was giving Thanos his best and still couldn't put Thanos down, so you claiming that Darkseid would accomplish easily doesn't seem likely.
    To quote you:

And what's your point? I stand by that. Name one thing that Darkseid has done that confirms without a doubt that he'd wipe the floor with Thanos. You keep on coming back at me with these posts, but can't seem to offer a single shred of proof. So far, you've got nothing but speculation and your own bias. Darkseid may very well be able to tool Thanos, but you haven't even come close to building a case for that.

Just about every high end showing of Thanos is used with amps and/or prep. Not sure if you're just trolling at this point.

How does one offer proof when the characters are of different universes?

Also, if you want to bring up the Odin fight at least bring up the point that the combined power of Surfer AND Thanos couldn't harm Odin, but of course. You forget that.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The last time Darkseid was written the way he truly should be (Ie: at his actual power levels) was 7 years ago (Final Crisis) though it seems like the recently started Darkseid War is also headed in that direction.

Final Crisis was where he was pretty much shattering all of reality as his true form fell to it's doom throughout all existence after Orion weakened it. Has Thanos ever been written as someone who's mere tripping through existence could shatter reality? I really don't know as I really don't read much Marvel and when I do it never features Thanos.

Since Darkseid is indeed a singularity veikuri is correct that none of the reality shifting crisis or Flashpoint ever affected him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

To quote you:

Just about every high end showing of Thanos is used with amps and/or prep. Not sure if you're just trolling at this point.

Also, if you want to bring up the Odin fight at least bring up the point that the combined power of Surfer AND Thanos couldn't harm Odin, but of course. You forget that.

Come on bruh. You're making a claim, providing a weak argument to support it, and then calling me a troll cause I'm calling you out on it. You don't have to have real proof, but you can at least make a decent argument. So far the only thing you've said to support your claim is that Darkseid used to beat up on Superman when Superman was ridiculous. Ok, that doesn't mean a whole lot.

And I didn't forget that Thanos couldn't harm Odin. It's not like I said Thanos almost beat Odin. I said that Odin, a bonafide galaxy buster, couldn't beat Thanos easily, so there is no reason to believe Darkseid could do it either.
  • veikuri
    Options

To quote you:

Come on bruh. You're making a claim, providing a weak argument to support it, and then calling me a troll cause I'm calling you out on it. You don't have to have real proof, but you can at least make a decent argument. So far the only thing you've said to support your claim is that Darkseid used to beat up on Superman when Superman was ridiculous. Ok, that doesn't mean a whole lot.

And I didn't forget that Thanos couldn't harm Odin. It's not like I said Thanos almost beat Odin. I said that Odin, a bonafide galaxy buster, couldn't beat Thanos easily, so there is no reason to believe Darkseid could do it either.

Again. WTF is "proof" when dealing with two characters from different comics? Did you want me to pull up a comic of DC character beating a Marvel character? Not sure what you want me to "prove". Why wouldn't that mean a lot? If someone can beat someone who has the strength to casually move a solar system worth of planets and what not.

You actually haven't refuted any claim that I have brought up and I have refuted every ? claim you have. Want a recap?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    3175703-superman+feat+9.jpg

present day Superman's peak strength level as stated back in 2012

I gotta start back reading comics that ? is incredible
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    3175703-superman+feat+9.jpg

present day Superman's peak strength level as stated back in 2012

thats not his peak he's obviously disappointed thats all they had for him
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

To quote you:

Again. WTF is "proof" when dealing with two characters from different comics? Did you want me to pull up a comic of DC character beating a Marvel character? Not sure what you want me to "prove". Why wouldn't that mean a lot? If someone can beat someone who has the strength to casually move a solar system worth of planets and what not.

You actually haven't refuted any claim that I have brought up and I have refuted every ? claim you have. Want a recap?

That's just it. You don't have to prove anything. You can just say it's your opinion and leave it like that. You're the one that's acting like it's indisputable fact. I never said you had to prove it. I just pointed out that if you're going to make claims as if they are out of ? 's mouth, you might want to provide a little evidence to support them.
  • veikuri
    Options

To quote you:

That's just it. You don't have to prove anything. You can just say it's your opinion and leave it like that. You're the one that's acting like it's indisputable fact. I never said you had to prove it. I just pointed out that if you're going to make claims as if they are out of ? 's mouth, you might want to provide a little evidence to support them.

And you wonder why I consider you a troll....

Let's be clear about something. Superman has no chance of beating Thanos. Thanos is smart enough to figure out all of Superman's weaknesses and exploit. He's basically Lex Luthor and Darkseid combined. So stop it with this talk about regular Superman beating Thanos.

And you haven't done the same?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

And you wonder why I consider you a troll....

And you haven't done the same?

You're being silly. What is trollish about what I said? If something is your opinion, it's your opinon. Say it and leave it at that. If you believe something is factual or at least heavily backed by some real proof, then you need to have some of that proof. You basically implied that I was a troll earlier just because I said I don't see where Darkseid has shown anything to suggest he'd destroy Thanos. Then you called me a troll because I asked you to provide some actual reasoning behind why you made that claim. Now I'm a troll because I'm telling you that if you don't want to try and prove something, you shouldn't act as if it's indisputable fact.

And yes, I absolutely said that normal Superman has no shot against Thanos, and unlike you, I actually provided a reason. Superman has a couple exploitable weaknesses: an obvious power source that can be drained and vulnerability to a certain wavelength of radiation (i.e. kryptonite). Thanos would be capable of exploiting both of those weaknesses, so unless Thanos had absolutely no way of finding out about either weakness, Superman wouldn't even get the chance to have a prolonged battle with Thanos.