The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw this a couple days ago for those that were wondering

@schultz_Report Why do I love sports today? LeBron's "secret motivation" is $1M donation by @Nike 4 Cleveland youth. Game 4 #NBAFinals at 9et. @darrenrovell
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Its funny how Steph Curry was born in Akron, Ohio.

Ether
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    Damn so 2 rings ain't good enough for ? ? Everyone can't win 6

I guess people expect a little more from the "best in the world".
    Lebron is da best playa in da world
    Lebron is not the best team in the world

would those who disagree with bolded mind telling me who's better? who in the hell is best player in the world over lebron?

You talking now or history?
    Now? Nobody
    History: Oscar Robertson if you all always want to use nothing but stats then there is NOTHING except winning 1 more ring that Lebron has done that Oscar didn't do according to stats,
    Kobe leading weak ass teams (no Bynum at all in finals for 2009 and weak ass Pau against the Magic) to championships against Boston Celtics loaded team (Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Rondo)and then losing in finals multiple times,
    Jordan to just never losing in the finals, Chamberlain when it comes to just blowing Lebron's stats to dismal degrees, Magic when it comes to rings (won without Kareem and played all 5 positions/other than rings there's not much debate on I do believe Lebron is better than Magic), Duncan because he actually beat Lebron in his prime twice and the Lakers. If there's one guy who has the right to say who is better: Lebron or Kobe??? It's probably Tim Duncan. We already know what Shaq said. Other players better than Lebron, Bill Russelll simply because noone in history is ever going to out do the ? he did, then I'd say Lebron. He's in the top 10 ever and he still has about 10 years left in him. He's done a helluva lot

Since 98% of the youngsters on here never saw Jordan and Kobe actually in their primes and could see what they were doing on the court constantly I am aware and know y'all ? will flag, no sign and do all your other ? ? that ? do, but it's the damn TRUTH. I'm sure y'all emojing ? will prove me right.

I'm not downing Lebron, but just doing what ESPN and d-riders won't do and can't see and that is critique his status and place.
    Everything I'm about to write will be ignored just b/c of y'all weak feelings.
    Lebron is great, he strikes fear in opponents, he is one of the most dominant NBA players ever, possibly/arguably due to preferences top 10 best basketball players ever, for his size is second only to Oscar Robertson to do what he does from his size and the way he impacts the game defensively/offensively, very well is on his way to possibly being the BEST player the NBA has ever had (but not there yet),has lifted the league up and carried it for over 5 years on his back. There, he's great,but he ain't the greatest at every single aspect of the game and he ain't the best ever to play the game now. He's damn sure well on his way, but now??? Today for history??? No.
    If he never wins another ring, you can't mention him with Jordan Kobe Magic Bill Russell, Kareem. That's what older dudes keep saying.
    Plenty of players went to the finals and lost. You don't get credit for that.

Everybody in the NBA respects the ring like Smiegel, just cause you a hobbit for the moment (and it's been a long moment) don't mean you the LORD. If you don't have 4 rings you're not in the conversation with people with 5 and more.
    It's just disrespectful to the game chumps
    And just cause stats are brought up where one exceeds doesn't mean there aren't stats others have where another player is deficient.
  • luke1733
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Saying steph is an all time great shooter is not farfetched.

Saying steph is a top 5 pg ever is absolutely stupid. Rankings like that take CAREERS into effect. That's why it's so stupid to say he's top 5 after one stellar season. Extreme example... but say he retires tomorrow. Does the career he had up until this point make him top 5 ever? Hell no.

But it's blu... so... to be expected

Funny how your ass can respect longevity here but ride Lebrons ? when it comes to saying he's the best ever when other players been better; yet base his greatness off now instead of entirety. 2 rings compared to 5Kobe,6Jordan,12 Bill Russell,5magic ,3 Larry Bird,Duncan5,and other players with more.
    Now if you go to stats, as dude did with Steph and you argued against, you'd be a hypocrite.

When was the last time Lebron actually won again?? I forget.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    Damn so 2 rings ain't good enough for ? ? Everyone can't win 6

I guess people expect a little more from the "best in the world".
    Lebron is da best playa in da world
    Lebron is not the best team in the world

would those who disagree with bolded mind telling me who's better? who in the hell is best player in the world over lebron?

You talking now or history?
    Now? Nobody
    History: Oscar Robertson if you all always want to use nothing but stats then there is NOTHING except winning 1 more ring that Lebron has done that Oscar didn't do according to stats,
    Kobe leading weak ass teams (no Bynum at all in finals for 2009 and weak ass Pau against the Magic) to championships against Boston Celtics loaded team (Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Rondo)and then losing in finals multiple times,
    Jordan to just never losing in the finals, Chamberlain when it comes to just blowing Lebron's stats to dismal degrees, Magic when it comes to rings (won without Kareem and played all 5 positions/other than rings there's not much debate on I do believe Lebron is better than Magic), Duncan because he actually beat Lebron in his prime twice and the Lakers. If there's one guy who has the right to say who is better: Lebron or Kobe??? It's probably Tim Duncan. We already know what Shaq said. Other players better than Lebron, Bill Russelll simply because noone in history is ever going to out do the ? he did, then I'd say Lebron. He's in the top 10 ever and he still has about 10 years left in him. He's done a helluva lot

Since 98% of the youngsters on here never saw Jordan and Kobe actually in their primes and could see what they were doing on the court constantly I am aware and know y'all ? will flag, no sign and do all your other ? ? that ? do, but it's the damn TRUTH. I'm sure y'all emojing ? will prove me right.

I'm not downing Lebron, but just doing what ESPN and d-riders won't do and can't see and that is critique his status and place.
    Everything I'm about to write will be ignored just b/c of y'all weak feelings.
    Lebron is great, he strikes fear in opponents, he is one of the most dominant NBA players ever, possibly/arguably due to preferences top 10 best basketball players ever, for his size is second only to Oscar Robertson to do what he does from his size and the way he impacts the game defensively/offensively, very well is on his way to possibly being the BEST player the NBA has ever had (but not there yet),has lifted the league up and carried it for over 5 years on his back. There, he's great,but he ain't the greatest at every single aspect of the game and he ain't the best ever to play the game now. He's damn sure well on his way, but now??? Today for history??? No.
    If he never wins another ring, you can't mention him with Jordan Kobe Magic Bill Russell, Kareem. That's what older dudes keep saying.
    Plenty of players went to the finals and lost. You don't get credit for that.

Everybody in the NBA respects the ring like Smiegel, just cause you a hobbit for the moment (and it's been a long moment) don't mean you the LORD. If you don't have 4 rings you're not in the conversation with people with 5 and more.
    It's just disrespectful to the game chumps
    And just cause stats are brought up where one exceeds doesn't mean there aren't stats others have where another player is deficient.

theres some points i disagree with but i dont have a huge problem with this. but of course i meant NOW, not all time. i dont think theres anyone on here that thinks lebron is the best ever ALL TIME.
  • luke1733
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Cool, peezy, just needed clarity. No question he's the best now.

Off topic: I don't care for Lebron fans and I didn't like Michael Jordan as a player but I respect the hell out of Lebron's game and Michael's greatness and can even admit for me Michael was the best I saw.
    Lebron is the best people who are 27 and under have seen so I get it. If you didn't see the games' points for points, regular season games and all-star games and see the growth of each player it's hard to really get it; thus the LOVE for Lebron now which is cool (at least he's a legitimate one of the GOAT's) because he is the present, a bit of the past 7 years and the near future. He is deserving.
    It's just like the same way people gonna disrespect Lebron 10 years from now if he only end up with 3 or less rings and that next generation of people born in the year 2005 see the next Lebron as the GOAT and better than Lebron like (let's just say Anthony Davis) then Lebron fans like @coop9889 (who probably hate Kobe and been waiting for dude to phase out)are gonna put those fans in check, it's the same here.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Saying steph is a top 5 pg ever is absolutely stupid. Rankings like that take CAREERS into effect. That's why it's so stupid to say he's top 5 after one stellar season. Extreme example... but say he retires tomorrow. Does the career he had up until this point make him top 5 ever? Hell no.

Funny how your ass can respect longevity here but ride Lebrons ? when it comes to saying he's the best ever when other players been better; yet base his greatness off now instead of entirety. 2 rings compared to 5Kobe,6Jordan,12 Bill Russell,5magic ,3 Larry Bird,Duncan5,and other players with more.
    Now if you go to stats, as dude did with Steph and you argued against, you'd be a hypocrite.

Biggest misconception about antilebron ? . You think that everybody who isn't anti-LeBron thinks he's the best ever.

Never did I ever say hes the best ever, and you cant find a single post where I said that.

Which renders your whole post moot. As usual. You on Jay ? status
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron travels.....damn if the nba wasn't so leinant I agree with Rodman. He probably average 14-16 points a game and rebounds
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Lebron travels.....damn if the nba wasn't so leinant I agree with Rodman. He probably average 14-16 points a game and rebounds

Your not serious.......
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    I am. You telling me Lebron doesn't travel and use his elbow a lot? You been brainwashed your mama must not be proud
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am. You telling me Lebron doesn't travel and use his elbow a lot? You been brainwashed your mama must not be proud

EVERYFUCKING BODY USES THE ELBOW

Its litteraly done on every drive

You none basketball watching ass ?

? james harden pushes your hip on some slick ? and makes you fall

Wat you thought was a travel is debatable at that, you sound stupid as ? you act like the ? moonwalks to the rim for 15 points a gamr

If it was that serious he wouldnt have improved his js
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Blah blah LeBron....blah blah blah blah blah Jordan.....blah blah blah blah Kobe...blah blah 2-4.

Kareem>>>>ALL....still.
    Hold up pimpin - we are talking about how, as of today, Steph Curry Is dapping up Magic and Isiah on the all-time point guard list

He needs two rings to do that.

Y'all can sugar it up all you want, but here's a fact about the Dubs run:

EVERY opponent they played had significant injuries to the backcourt, mostly being the starting PG.

NOLA - Jrue (not that it would've mattered, but they could've gotten one win out of it.)
    Memphis - Conley then Toney Allen (a fully healthy Memphis squad takes them to seven games, where who knows what might happen)
    Houston - Patrick Beverly (this loss hurt more than people want to admit, but I still think the Dubs would've won in 6 or 7 instead of 5)
    Cleveland - Kyree. Personally, I think Kyree would've played Steph to an all-out draw, which probably gives the Cabs the ring in 6. Throw in a healthy Kevin Love, and we'd be surprised to see the Warriors get more than one win.

They were good....but also INCREDIBLY lucky.
    Injuries are apart of the game. Lucky for the Dubs, sure. Unfortunate for the Cavs, no doubt but every dog has its day.
  • luke1733
    edited June 2015
    Options

Biggest misconception about antilebron ? . You think that everybody who isn't anti-LeBron thinks he's the best ever.

Never did I ever say hes the best ever, and you cant find a single post where I said that.

Which renders your whole post moot. As usual. You on Jay ? status

Just like you putting me on the antilebron i'm putting you on dickridin lebron, undercover lebron lover
    Insert Lebron's name on dickridin obama
    I don't hate dude. Athletes don't do ? for me but entertain. I get sick of fans who up him like he the 2nd coming or people that as soon as you critique one aspect of his game (the way people do all athletes) somehow everyone gets ? you say something not praising Lebron. ? is that? Something's wrong with that when you take offense to the truth on someone being truthfully critical. All my critiques on the man ain't never not being supported with examples. I even credit dude being one of the best 8 nba players to ever play the game ever. That ain't antilebron dude. I critique him cause don't no sports reporters do it

Now listen to your theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3biXm77tVD8

The best ever in order so you know how I see Lebron:
    1st Bill Russell (11 rings)
    2nd Wilt Chamberlain (revolutionized the entire game. They created nba rules just to ruin his dominance)
    3rdMichael Jordan (revolutionized game by moving ball in air and the way he altered shots, 2x 3peat)
    4thKobe Bryant (brought discipline and being a student back to game when it lacked.Took teams with hardly no players to win rings or contend. 5 rings. You could but Kareem here it's a toss up)
    5thMagic Johnson (revloutionized game by playing all positions and leading in stats and pts. like West)
    6thKareem Abdul Jabaar (6 rings and that hook shot and playing against Wilt and winning)
    7thTim Duncan (fundamentals. Nothing fancy about his game, but played Shaq, Lebron,Kobe and won5x)
    8th Lebron James (Lebron is on his way to challenging everyone but until it happens and he at least gets within one ring*meaning he has to at least get 4 rings* closer to these guys it would be stupid to put him above. He is a Stat king in a day when new stats and metrics started being added and made to the public to be important such as PER. Rebounding/scoring/assist king at one man does it all)
    9thOscar Robertson (Triple Double king. 1st big guard to really revolutionize the position for big guys)
    10thShaq (sheer essence of power and dominance of a very big man)
    11thDr.J (revolutionized game by altering shots in air and graceful powerful dunks and a SF playing like a guard)
    12th Olajuwon (might not belong at 12 and might be lower, but this dude was cold when it came to a big man using his pivot foot without walking. I'd never seen nothing like it before. Now guards are actually copying what he was doing&Jordan was doing it too but Olajuwon was killing with that pivot)
    (after these the lists gets confusing: Larry Bird, Dwyane Wade,Elgin Baylor, Jerry West,Isiah,)
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Oscar Robertson is the most underrated legend if there is such a thing.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really hope that Cleveland pulls his card and Lebron leaves again.. Come on Dan Gilbert make it happen.. Lol
    sucka ass ?
  • luke1733
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I think Oscar Robertson is the most underrated legend if there is such a thing.

It's because he sued the NBA (and I think he won the case) that the NBA will never really give him his credit. He also spoke a ton about racism in the NBA, and racism in his early life, and the way he talked about it made white folks mad.
    He also put alot of black players onto forming a league union where players had power and could go against the NBA legally.

Reason I know about this is cause of my pops talking about him and I read Kareem bigging him in his book "Steps of a Giant," I read.

He honestly is the 1st comparison people should make in the media when comparing Lebron. It's beyond ignorant they keep mentioning Jordan and Magic when Oscar stat wise is what Lebron's stats mirror in far more ways than to Jordan and Magic.

Since I went there with Lebron and stats again, I'm going to add this: There are plenty of stats Jordan, Kobe, Kareem, Magic and others have that Lebron doesn't have yet. Media is only mentioning the records or stats that Lebron is matching and not some other records he ain't breaking (such as nine 40 point games in a row). You don't have to match every greats stats in my book, but for fans who use certain stats they want and don't even know about other records others have is reason I had to make the valid point when they some things about stat comparisons and records.

81 points
    Different game:62 pts in 3 quarters
    35.4 ppg season (2005-06)
    4 straight games in a row with 50+ points
    Different game:42 points in 1st half
    55 points in 2nd half
    27 40+ point games in 1 season
    10 50+ point games in 1 season
    30 points in 1 quarter
    12 3's in 1 game
    But this dude's time is over (unless Bulls or Grizzlies pick him up in a trade so he can get that 6thring) and so now to the present and the resident ruler Lebron is showing us his time and what he can do and what he cannot do and it's great.

Next up, Steph Curry and Anthony Davis (maybe)
  • coop9889
    Options
    "luke1733 wrote: »
    Just like you putting me on the antilebron i'm putting you on dickridin lebron, undercover lebron lover
    Insert Lebron's name on dickridin obama
    I don't hate dude. Athletes don't do ? for me but entertain. I get sick of fans who up him like he the 2nd coming or people that as soon as you critique one aspect of his game (the way people do all athletes) somehow everyone gets ? you say something not praising Lebron. ? is that? Something's wrong with that when you take offense to the truth on someone being truthfully critical. All my critiques on the man ain't never not being supported with examples. I even credit dude being one of the best 8 nba players to ever play the game ever. That ain't antilebron dude. I critique him cause don't no sports reporters do it

Now listen to your theme song:

Post extra long for no reason. You said I said LeBron is the best ever. I never said that nor do I think that. So you assuming wrong ? and basing your post off it, so I had to correct you .

And most of my posts defending Lebron are responding to trolls. It's entertainment. Like:
    blu197 wrote: »
    Lebron is the most overrated ? in the NBA
    Davis can shoot the 3 ball better then James

That's not someone being truthfully critical.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Coop admit it when Lebron accidentally exposed his sausage you tightened up below the belt
  • coop9889
    Options
    Coop admit it when Lebron accidentally exposed his sausage you tightened up below the belt

I didnt even know that happened but good to know you keep track of things like that.

Kys please and thank you
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Son... What???
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mods been letting Jay ? live too long