Does it seem like the NBA lacks Superstars?

Options
numbaz...80's baby
numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in From the Cheap Seats
I mean, I'm pretty sure a few will rise but dam.....

After Lebron & Kobe nem retire....can you name more than 5 superstars? There's very few young players to get excited about. Just my opinion.... What you think? I don't want to hear no "well he has potential." I don't want to hear that ? . And no Harden is not a ? superstar(for example).

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You trolling ?

KD sells 3 times more shoes than Kobe
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/s been smoking on that good ?
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not from my perspective.

Moreover, whats your definition or statistical criteria for the label "superstar"?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell no.

Westbrook, Curry, AD, KD, Bron,CP3, Griff

Kyrie and Wall are on the rise
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    You trolling ?

KD sells 3 times more shoes than Kobe

I guess y'all missed the point. I said name more than a handful. Durant, Curry, Howard & who else?
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    T/s been smoking on that good ?

Nothing but that gas bro. About a quarter every 4 or 5 days. Question still remains bro.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook, Durant, CP3, Curry, and AD off top of my head

I understand what TS is saying but you don't need to be a Lebron or Kobe to be considered a legit superstar.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    CP3 is 30 bro.... He's going to retire b4 Lebron.

AD? You're talking about Unibrow man?

Meh.....I guess.

When I think of Unibrow....I don't think of Shaq, Ewing etc....

That's just me. Maybe I do smoke a lot but the Centers I mentioned, folks knew they were 1st ballot HOFs within 2 or 3 years in the league. I don't see that with Mr. Uni
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Meh.....I guess.

That's just me. Maybe I do smoke a lot but the Centers I mentioned, folks knew they were 1st ballot HOFs within 2 or 3 years in the league. I don't see that with Mr. Uni
    What? Really? Lol

Unibrow isn't a traditional center. He's more of a KG type player so of course you nor I would think of Shaq or Ewing. The dude was playing point most of his life until he hit a ridiculous growth spurt in highschool.

People are already claiming he's next in line in the next two or three years when Lebron slows down cause the boi is that good.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I don't see it. I see a good player excelling in a weak ass generation of big men.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BG, Curry, Westbrook, Durant, AD, and Kyrie
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are only like a few superstars at at a time.

Dr J, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, AI, Lebron. Sure there are stars but there are only a few players that transcend the game and that's what I think A Superstar is.

But right now there are plenty of stars

KD, Russ, Lillard, Rose, Curry, CP3, Harden, Davis,
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    u absolutely trippin bruh.

that or u assuming superstar=once in a generation transcendent talent, which is dead ass wrong.

if that was the case there wouldnt even be 20 in nba history.

and harden is a superstar, what yall ? on mane? how howard a superstar and not harden? how ad playing in a weak generation of big men? the power forward position is pretty solid and the center position's criticism is overrated, and please tell me how ? was considered hof after 2 or 3 years?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    KD, Westbrook, Harden, Griffin, PG(borderline), AD(once in a generation type) Curry, Wall(borderline), Big Cuz(borderline), CP3, Kyrie(borderline), Melo(borderline)

then of course several more with potential, only a few young players to get excited about? you trippin, NBA gon be just fine, not that u even need superstars to have good basketball as you should know being a hawks fan
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is curry borderline superstar? He just won the mvp.he was the talk of the ncaa tourney twice. He has commercials, billboards, endorsement from state farm, express and underarmor
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao yo this thread is jokes
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see what ts trying to do. Talking about "back in my day, there were true superstars in the NBA, blah blah blah." This ain't the 90s anymore. Move on. There are plenty of superstars in the league and up and coming as well. Get over it.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    I see what ts trying to do. Talking about "back in my day, there were true superstars in the NBA, blah blah blah." This ain't the 90s anymore. Move on. There are plenty of superstars in the league and up and coming as well. Get over it.

90's weren't back in my day. The early 2000s were.

So according to the IC, there was only 3 Superstars every decade? Makes no dam sense but ok.....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The centers and post pfs have been phased out into rebounding role players. All the stars will be wings
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Meh.....I guess.

Barring injury AD will probably be better than Ewing for sure barring injury.

You're more than entitled to your opinion but ? likes this makes me wonder if you even watch the games.

He isn't the best player in the league quite yet but if I'm starting a franchise today I'd take him over anyone in the league you'll be able to build around him the next 10-12 years.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way AD is more PF than he is center.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In order to seriously discuss this you'd have to define the difference between a superstar, star, and average player is. Without those absolute definitions, it's an endless debate.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yall ? need to stop abrreviating everybody name it ain't like yall have to type out that greek dude from the bucks last name all the time

Most of these dudes don't even have nicknames ? am I supposed to know them by their initials
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    How is curry borderline superstar? He just won the mvp.he was the talk of the ncaa tourney twice. He has commercials, billboards, endorsement from state farm, express and underarmor

if u referring to what i typed, i put a comma after curry, i meant wall borderline, thats my fault u may have misread that tho
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Yall ? need to stop abrreviating everybody name it ain't like yall have to type out that greek dude from the bucks last name all the time

Most of these dudes don't even have nicknames ? am I supposed to know them by their initials

watching basketball would help