E3 2015 Official Discussion Thread (June 16-18, 2015)

Options

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The gnasher is what needs to lowered man some bs battles have happened on gow3. The damn things range is ridiculous.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the gnasher range is crazy but people complained more about the sawed off in gears 3 I didn't see what the problem was with the sawed off
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other than it was a ? starting weapon that had a 180 degree killing radius. Was put in the game to hold cod players switching over to gears. Didnt even have to aim
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    The gnasher is what needs to lowered man some bs battles have happened on gow3. The damn things range is ridiculous.

How many shots is it taking them to down you
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PC stay winning
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of you heard about Kitchen?

It's a Morpheus horror game. Angry Joe talks about it in this video. Sounds crazy.

http://youtu.be/If3uvCKenoQ
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SquareEnix is gonna ? up Final Fantasy 7. Guarantee they are gonna come up with some wacky ass combat system.

Yall are gonna regret asking for this.
  • I_fap_twohanded
    I_fap_twohanded Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I literally can't stop thinking about Fallout 4

5 days ago the continuous streams of ? stopped erupting out of my ?

3 days ago the thick red blood that had replaced the ? had also stopped

Since then there have just been continuous dry/painful orgasms

I have since broken into a high fever as well as cold sweats. I hope I my hands on this game before my time on this planet is over.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I thought I was excited.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

It's a Morpheus horror game. Angry Joe talks about it in this video. Sounds crazy.

Yeah. Morpheus is sounding good, but the new iteration of Occulus is supposed to be on another level. Seems like you need a beastly computer to use it though.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I literally can't stop thinking about Fallout 4

5 days ago the continuous streams of ? stopped erupting out of my ?

3 days ago the thick red blood that had replaced the ? had also stopped

Since then there have just been continuous dry/painful orgasms

I have since broken into a high fever as well as cold sweats. I hope I my hands on this game before my time on this planet is over.

You need ? ... like you might have to get that ? prescribed
  • Karl.
    Options

Yeah. Morpheus is sounding good, but the new iteration of Occulus is supposed to be on another level. Seems like you need a beastly computer to use it though.

Yea, a lot of reviewers are saying Morpheus makes you feel sick.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Yea, a lot of reviewers are saying Morpheus makes you feel sick.

Yeah, that's an issue with all the VR sets now for some people. The persistence in the Occulus is much better though, so less people are affected. The type of game makes a big difference though. Some of the difficulty really falls on the developers to fix. This is relatively new, so they have to figure out what works and what doesn't.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now Gears beta is nothing more than a chainsaw, shotgun fest. They need to make the assault rifle on the lancer stronger, you can unload a whole clip on a ? and still won't drop em.

Each day they add ? . The active reloads are available so you should be able to neutralize the shot gun from a distance unless you're just running with no regards into corner kills
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Trailers/Vidocs

Halo 5 Warzone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eotvrop7qlU

XBO Elite Controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3E7naRllco

Backwards Compatibility (FYI, not in this video, but it was recently confirmed that online play will be backwards compatible and cross platform with 360. Also, all future Games with Gold releases that come to 360 will be included on XBO as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPQuDyWULNU
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More reactions. ? is hilarious to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZVIqbYq_I

this was sad af on so many levels
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xbone might be the move. Halo looks dope
  • focus
    Options
    Xbox One won E3, according to Amazon and social-network data
    June 23, 2015 11:55 AM
    Jeff Grubb

It’s tempting to assume that a video of a bunch of grown men crying over Final Fantasy VII is representative of the wider audience — but the data suggests that isn’t necessarily the case.

Two separate entities, Amazon from the retailer side (via MCVUK) and Synthesio from the marketing side, reported that Microsoft’s Xbox One and its exclusive games were the most preordered and among the most talked about coming out of the event in Los Angeles.

Amazon UK sent out a press release that noted Xbox One’s Forza Motorsport 6 and Rare Replay were the “big winners” in that country. The company notes that Forza saw the biggest increase in preorders for a previously announced games. Rare Replay racked up the most preorders for a game that only just got announced during E3.

Here is the top 10 most preordered Amazon U.K. games that were announced at E3 2015:

1. Rare Replay (Xbox One)
    2. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One, PC)
    3. Doom (PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
    4. Dishonored 2 (PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
    5. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
    6. Gears of War 4 (Xbox One)
    7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
    8. Horizon: Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4)
    9. Dishonored: Definitive Edition (PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
    10. Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller

But it’s not just sales where the Xbox One and its games are doing well.

Marketing intelligence firm Synthesio also sent out a press release that claims Xbox One was the top console in terms of mind-share on social media.

In a statement, the company’s global marketing vice president Leah Pope said that “throughout E3 there were more than 3.7 million mentions and conversations occurring online [about the event].”

Most of that conversation was about the show itself, but the systems took second place with 20 percent of all discussions.

“Specifically, Xbox drove the most buzz with 74 percent of all online mentions about video game systems,” said Pope.

Synthesio explained that most of its data comes from Twitter, where 81.4 percent of all the E3 conversations took place. Instagram and Facebook only accounted for 3.3 percent and less than one percent, respectively.

E3-Systems-SOV.png

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/23/xbox-one-won-e3-at-least-according-to-amazon-and-social-network-data/

The Gears thirst is real
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Those are terrible metrics to judge anything by. I mean the XB1 may very well have won E3 if for nothing more than how happy XB1 fans are with BC and how salty PS4 fans are about not having BC.

That said preorder numbers and internet mentions are next to meaningless. I'm pretty sure, we see similar stats for those things all the time, yet XB1 is still being crushed. I mean Rare Reply is at the top of that list, but that doesn't mean it's more desired than FF7. It just means more people were quick to get up and preorder which likely has more to do with more details being known about its release. Hell, that list has the FF7 remake coming to XB1, which hasn't even been announced yet as far as I know. So their data isn't even all that trustworthy.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UK got no love for Fallout 4? Surprised thats not even on the list.
  • focus
    Options
    FF7 was announced as "play it first on PS4", which is the same as saying "timed console exclusive".

People actually fall for these companies E3 marketing propaganda lol?
  • Da12RespectA
    Da12RespectA Members Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Shenmue that good of a good game?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no one wins E3...especially not the consumer

wake up peeps