Money and Violence Season 2 (Every Tuesday Night)

Options

Comments

• *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not going to put a spoiler on my post, because I think the majority of the members watched the finale already. I agree with most about the last three episodes being entertaining and keeping me intrigued for more. This show has the potential to continue being great, even though I don't care for it expanding to Tidal. Somewhat of a good business deal for Moise Verneau, but not for unsubscribed fans.

Since everybody already posted their pros and cons about the finale, I'll be a little pessimistic about the situation. First, I don't like the fact that the creator of the show killed off half of the cast. Second, I feel like some of the subplots had loopholes in it. Characters would be introduced, but then their story line would just feather away and leave off with a cliffhanger. Thirdly, Tai, Mister and Jessica should've never been killed off.

I think Moise is probably going to relocated the setting to Atlanta. That would most likely broaden the fan base and introduce new characters. To me I think he should use Atlanta as a subplot and keep it authentic with Brooklyn. There was nothing witty or funny about T.I's character and he shouldn't been added. I could barley understand his incoherent ass and he needs help with his enunciation.

Overall, it was a good season and I'm looking forward to the next one. I might not watch if T.I stays aboard and it moves down south. No shade!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Maybe a M&V Atlanta spinoff. But I don't want the show moving there.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not going to put a spoiler on my post, because I think the majority of the members watched the finale already. I agree with most about the last three episodes being entertaining and keeping me intrigued for more. This show has the potential to continue being great, even though I don't care for it expanding to Tidal. Somewhat of a good business deal for Moise Verneau, but not for unsubscribed fans.

Since everybody already posted their pros and cons about the finale, I'll be a little pessimistic about the situation. First, I don't like the fact that the creator of the show killed off half of the cast. Second, I feel like some of the subplots had loopholes in it. Characters would be introduced, but then their story line would just feather away and leave off with a cliffhanger. Thirdly, Tai, Mister and Jessica should've never been killed off.

I think Moise is probably going to relocated the setting to Atlanta. That would most likely broaden the fan base and introduce new characters. To me I think he should use Atlanta as a subplot and keep it authentic with Brooklyn. There was nothing witty or funny about T.I's character and he shouldn't been added. I could barley understand his incoherent ass and he needs help with his enunciation.

Overall, it was a good season and I'm looking forward to the next one. I might not watch if T.I stays aboard and it moves down south. No shade!

Yeah I feel you on some things and its interesting what you said about T.I but you know he was just a tidal throw in/tie-in at the end of the day and that was Jay at work. I think Jessica dying was nice...

But uh....

What's good with me and you?
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    They killed off all the characters so they can make room to add better actors and/or more star power to the show.. rappers and athletes are gonna be poppin up like crazy on season 3. I like the direction the show is going.

So u gonna say what I said 2 weeks ago?

Lol I was thinking this too but I ain't say nothing

lol and had the nerve to spoiler it lmao

Bruh, I aint read your post.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Dope
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ain't on TV like ? claimed lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Revolt is tv

Let him be sleep
  • bless the child
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Revolt is tv

Where ? ? Lol
  • bless the child
    Options
    Ooohhh lol I see. I aint got that channel. At least I dont think I do lo
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They said two brand new series. That means not money & violence?
  • Beta
    Options
    Isn't that stretching yourself a lil too thin?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I wonder if they're spinoffs or entirely new shows.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diddy is a brilliant business man..
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? Grimey Tai out here banging big girls on cam

• Beta
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    I shouldn't have watched that ? , I feel like I know that ?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Oh yeah and lol @ mista

Homie gotta come with a better game plan than that. He knew kane had heat

Ikr, that was stupid. He should've learned the first time that you can't strong arm a shooter

I sholl was like who the ? runs up up on a shooter?

Dude was dumb to keep the prison mentality on the out side... yeah "respect your jaw" when you can only throw hands (with the occasional shank)... but if you keep bullying ? on the outside guns are way too plentiful...

Btw i can see rafe bodying Jessica being a sub plot next season with choppa...

And no offense to uncle murda but either he a real good actor or he playing that part way too naturally... I cant stand his character... lol...
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? that ? Mista, to be honest. Glad to see him go. He ain't really add much to the show, to me. His quips about 'respect ya jaw', 'Ya jaw gon' Milly Rock when I catch you!', etc, ran out of steam a while ago, to me. He ain't really bring much to the show besides repping the Debo who stay intimidating ? that every hood has.

And just like it usually works in real life, that ? pushed a scary ? to his breaking point and got popped.

theres games beyond the games.....Mista role represented the old school gangstas/bullies who took what they want and only got down w the hands and fists...the importance of Mista s role and the dynamic between Kane and Mista is that Mista represents the old school lets throw hands gangsta and Kane represents the coward, the gun is my sole means of protection cuz i cant fight gangsta...Rafe writing in Mista s death is his way of telling us that the old school gangsta cant make it in this age of shoot first cowards...and that the old school way of thimking and doing ? is over with....Mista even tells you that when he explains to Barz how he tried to run up on a lil ? and the lil ? shot him...

People been shooting 1st since the 70's bruh... and its 2016... most of us dont see that dynamic because we wasnt born or old enough to see that in that era... saying kane is a coward ( a little soft yes and hopped off the porch REALLY LATE) is saying every ? in the show is cowards... which imo is not true... they all looking out for their best interest...
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nanawoods-napolean-allegedly-fake-cards-clothes-spree-article-1.2729869
    EXCLUSIVE: Nanawoods Napolean, actor on web series 'Money & Violence,' allegedly used fake credit cards for Queens shopping spree

Life is imitating art for Nanawoods Napolean.

The actor in a web series about crime on the hard-scrabble streets of Flatbush, Brooklyn, was arrested for using fake credit cards to go on a nearly $15,000 shopping spree at a Queens clothing store, officials said Thursday.

Napolean, 27, the star of the Lionsgate series “Money & Violence,” was hit with multiple grand larceny, identity theft and forgery charges after cops found him with 29 fake credit cards under different names, police sources said.

After tracking down the people who appeared on Napolean’s plastic, investigators found none had lost their cards. The numbers had been stolen and placed on fake Capital One credit cards, according to court documents.

Napolean is accused of using the cards on 43 different occasions in May and June at Jimmy Jazz, an urban clothing store on Rockaway Blvd. in Woodhaven, Queens, officials said.

Workers at the store couldn’t comment on Napolean’s arrest, but said the web series star racked up about $15,000 in purchases before his scam was discovered.

Napolean plays Kane in “Money & Violence.” The show, created by Moise Verneau and in its second season, is described as a “crime epic about gangsters, stickup kids, hustlers, players and everyone in between set in a Brooklyn that is largely ignored by mainstream media.”

The web series’ first season racked up more than 20 million views and was in the Tribeca Film Festival’s online program, Tribeca Now, according to IndieWire.

Napolean’s character is “a young man who was protected by the menacing reputation of his brother all his life, but after his brother’s death, he is forced to fend for himself,” the show’s website reads.

Napolean was ordered held on $5,000 bail at his arraignment Wednesday.

He’s been arrested four times since 2009, when he was busted for criminal possession of stolen property after cops found him with a stolen T-Mobile Sidekick.

On June 2, Napoleon was hit with possession of a forged instrument and driving with suspended registration charges, according to court documents.

Attempts to reach him were unsuccessful Thursday, but a woman at his Queens home who identified herself as the actor’s wife said he was innocent of any wrongdoing.

“That never happened,” she said before going back inside.

Another relative called Napolean “an entrepreneur.”

“He’s part of our family,” the cousin said. “He’s not a bad guy...he’s a good guy, actually.”

Lionsgate did not return an email request for comment.

Smh @ Kane.. I mean.. um.. Nanawoods(?/wtf).. This is type of ? I would expect Leon to try and pull...
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One swipe it'll change your life
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    EXCLUSIVE: Nanawoods Napolean, actor on web series 'Money & Violence,' allegedly used fake credit cards for Queens shopping spree

Life is imitating art for Nanawoods Napolean.

The actor in a web series about crime on the hard-scrabble streets of Flatbush, Brooklyn, was arrested for using fake credit cards to go on a nearly $15,000 shopping spree at a Queens clothing store, officials said Thursday.

Napolean, 27, the star of the Lionsgate series “Money & Violence,” was hit with multiple grand larceny, identity theft and forgery charges after cops found him with 29 fake credit cards under different names, police sources said.

After tracking down the people who appeared on Napolean’s plastic, investigators found none had lost their cards. The numbers had been stolen and placed on fake Capital One credit cards, according to court documents.

Napolean is accused of using the cards on 43 different occasions in May and June at Jimmy Jazz, an urban clothing store on Rockaway Blvd. in Woodhaven, Queens, officials said.

Workers at the store couldn’t comment on Napolean’s arrest, but said the web series star racked up about $15,000 in purchases before his scam was discovered.

Napolean plays Kane in “Money & Violence.” The show, created by Moise Verneau and in its second season, is described as a “crime epic about gangsters, stickup kids, hustlers, players and everyone in between set in a Brooklyn that is largely ignored by mainstream media.”

The web series’ first season racked up more than 20 million views and was in the Tribeca Film Festival’s online program, Tribeca Now, according to IndieWire.

Napolean’s character is “a young man who was protected by the menacing reputation of his brother all his life, but after his brother’s death, he is forced to fend for himself,” the show’s website reads.

Napolean was ordered held on $5,000 bail at his arraignment Wednesday.

He’s been arrested four times since 2009, when he was busted for criminal possession of stolen property after cops found him with a stolen T-Mobile Sidekick.

On June 2, Napoleon was hit with possession of a forged instrument and driving with suspended registration charges, according to court documents.

Attempts to reach him were unsuccessful Thursday, but a woman at his Queens home who identified herself as the actor’s wife said he was innocent of any wrongdoing.

“That never happened,” she said before going back inside.

Another relative called Napolean “an entrepreneur.”

“He’s part of our family,” the cousin said. “He’s not a bad guy...he’s a good guy, actually.”

Lionsgate did not return an email request for comment.

FgnTi4p.png
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Lol these guys got some Haitian ass names