Jahlil Okafor Will Ask Timberwolves Not To Draft Him, Eyeing Lakers Move [REPORT]

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No logical reason to get mad at a lottery pick saying he doesn't want to go somewhere

It's still out of his hands anyway, no problem with him saying he'd prefer not to play there
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he don't want to play for Minnesota then he can go play in a YMCA league
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt they would have drafted him anyway. Towns is a much better fit then Okafor and his ceiling is way higher.
  • northtoledoboi
    northtoledoboi Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Options
    I knew he felt like this right after Minnesota won the lottery, it was written all over his face.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seem like bruh thinkin bout location/movie opportunities ? like that imo. timberwolves have a bunch of young talent and he can be the guy outta all that idk why he wouldnt take that, but i never been in that position to be the guy or go to hollywood lol so i cant really blame him
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That whole report speculative.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Lmaoooo @ all this Wolves on the come up ?

No they're not...Nobody want to play in Minnesota...Id rather go team up with Julius Randle and play with Kobe for a year
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaoooo @ all this Wolves on the come up ?

No they're not...Nobody want to play in Minnesota...Id rather go team up with Julius Randle and play with Kobe for a year

Kobe ain't gon do ? and nobody know if randle is as good as wiggins.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so minnesota doesnt have any young talent? lakers have more?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wasn't going first anyway.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope the wolves pick his punk ass now just cause he has no leverage. If they pick him he's not gonna sit out a yr and miss out on millions
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »
    That ? is tripping, Minnesota is about to be on the come up in a few years with the young ? they have. And he could learn from Garnett, too.
    That ? afraid he can't do what he wants. Garnett going to toss his phone in the toilet of he isn't listening to coach before the game speech

Lol!!!!!!!! Yoooo!!!

I can see that though
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i still like the Emmanuel Mudiay guy the most, i think he has superstar potential.

I think Russell is gonna be the star of this draft
  • R.D.
    Options
    so minnesota doesnt have any young talent? lakers have more?

No, but it's LA
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    He may be looking towards the future. Kobe is gone after next year. That frees up the 25 mil he would make. Then the cap raises above 100 mil in 2017. The Lakers are going to have roughly 70 million to offer top free agents with legacy, weather, beautiful ? and beaches on their side. Minnesota may have young talent, but they'll never be at a point where you'd call them championship contenders cause the best players aren't going to voluntarily choose to play in wack ass minnesota. He played hard and knows teams are thirsting for him. I'd do everything in my power to force my way to the Lakers too
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Coach K commented on how he will have to work harder in the NBA and push himself on espn radio slightly after the title game. I can see him getting way too laid back no matter where he goes. If the timberwolves pick him he gon be like:

858294910.gif

...Zach's Mom like, "C'mon...Just keep it together baby."....loooool...
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wolves building a good thing over there. But being the top pick of the Lakers when kobe is just about done is a cool spot to be in if up to the challenge. If he is really legit he could be the face of the team.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya act like beside kg kobe about to be tuff on him you see how he treated pau and dwight
  • R.D.
    Options
    Who cares... Kobe will be gone soon
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    These rookies gotta alot of nerve man.

No, whats really sad is how fans/readers dont understand how modern media works

I think Okafor might. There are rumors that he has his heart set on the Lakers

If you cant read between the lines on this you're an idiot . Basically its a reporter assuming and just runnin with it bc it sounds believable