Are black people too sensitive when it comes to President Obama

Options
ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I mean even as a black person it seems we cant say one negative thing about the man without someone telling us we are a ? and not giving him enough time to make change.

Personally speaking I understand change takes time and that he wont undue everything that went wrong during Bush's 2 terms, but there is no way even his biggest supporters cant find something about the man to criticize

Comments

• CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    C/S this thread

Everytime people criticize him, black people want to play the race card if it's a white person or stick their head in the sand if it's a black person criticizing him
  • BethlehemBill
    BethlehemBill Members Posts: 140
    edited July 2010
    Options
    kind of, there is a thread in race & religion right now about obama looking foolish on race relations. i've seen examples of blacks who get mad when other blacks criticize obama, but it also works the other way. if you're white and you criticize obama, no matter what the reason is, you're automatically a racist.

you're right that it will take some time to get this country back on track, and I think that he's doing the best he can, but there are still issues that I disagree with him on (health care, stimulus). it bugs me when i instantly get slapped with "RACIST!!!!" not all of us white people are racist damn....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    C/S this thread

Everytime people criticize him, black people want to play the race card if it's a white person or stick their head in the sand if it's a black person criticizing him

cite some examples and please do contrast between the black and white critique of the president..
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    of course, some people are sensitive about it. that's with every president though. it's like sports. i'm a titans fan, so i could care less about people criticizing peyton manning, but indy fans will care.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    cite some examples and please do contrast between the black and white critique of the president..

He cant. These morons cant tell the difference between getting mad over ? criticism and LOGICAL criticisms.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I mean even as a black person it seems we cant say one negative thing about the man without someone telling us we are a ? and not giving him enough time to make change.

Personally speaking I understand change takes time and that he wont undue everything that went wrong during Bush's 2 terms, but there is no way even his biggest supporters cant find something about the man to criticize

I usually associate the word ? to those who support Obama, rather than oppose him. I unno... Obama is a black face put on a ? structure. He's not going to fix ? because he doesn't have the power to do so, he's a puppet on strings like every other president who didn't getting shot in the face.
  • BethlehemBill
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Except the White people I know. They are nothing like you all, in here. So they criticize Obama, about real stuff, real facts, real truths, such as how terribly unfair he treats Black America. Versus, how he treats the rest of America.

For instance, you can view multitudes of sites which list White banks and corps. who Obama made sure to see that they rec'd the TARP monies needed to keep their White Businesses afloat...how my Black azz sweety, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, possesses a list to this day, of Black corps. and banks who have yet to rec'v one, thin, dime, since they were designated as recipients of TARP money to save their businesses. Plus this past Father's Day (last month) made the 3rd Father's Day in a row that Obama used for propping himself up with White America and attack Black males that he feels need to step up.

As it was also the third straight Father's Day he did so, from the podium of an All-White church. How many Black males can hear his message from there, I don't know......do any of you?

Obama's knows it true, but Obama disregards it truth.

White people who I know that criticize him for both of those elements, do never never ever get called a racist.

So my suggestion to you, is if you want to avoid being called a racist...then attack Obama and criticize Obama, sometimes, regarding true factual ways that he continually spits on his own Black people.

Mix that in with your other gripes about him, and then by default people will look foolish for calling you racist.

i'm sorry do i know you? how do you make the statement that white people are "nothing like you all in here".
    look i dont expect you to go back and read every post I ever made here, but if you did, you'd see that i've always been fair in my criticisms of the man. i disagreed with his health care bill, and didn't think that the stimulus package was big enough and that he caved in to republicans. i think that he made a lot of promises on the campaign trail that he didn't keep.

please explain your reasoning for that statement, citing instances where i've made racially motivated criticisms of president obama. if you cannot, then admit you were wrong. finally, "mix that in with your other gripes about him". which other gripes are you referring to? please cite posts i've made.

your post here sort of proves the point of the thread. i dont know your race, but i'm assuming youre black. it looks like you are too sensitive about him being criticized, because I have had only made "legitimate" criticisms of him, which I would gladly defend. however, without doing any research or getting any evidence, you labeled me. furthermore, you sound like you are upset with him for not doing enough for blacks in america. what other good reasons are there to criticize the man?

"So they criticize Obama, about real stuff, real facts, real truths" <= you mention that he doesnt do enough for blacks, which other truths are you referring to?
  • BethlehemBill
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry, I meant the general pop here of those who are admittedly White...I have never read any of them in their concerns their disagreements their gripes (no disrespect) about Obama. They aren't posting anger or discontent, at the way Obama has plainly treated Blacks unfairly versus the rest of America.

Did you read those real, live, verifiable instances I gave, just to start?

another death-penalty he dealt Black America...and you could factually and verifiably add that to your 'racist label' defenses, next time those types come at you that way. I guarantee success with it, Mr. Bethlehem.

Sir, please go back and re-read my post. I never at no time accused you making racially-motivated criticisms of Obama. I'm just saying that there are factually, plenty of them to be made. And if you incorporate a few into your list of concerns and disagreements with Obama's direction...then by default, it would prevent people from calling you a racist.

I'm simply extending some elements of how you Whitefolk can get ahead of the criticism game is all, Mr. Bethlehem, I promise you that is all I'm doing. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hope you can grasp that at some point.

very well said sir. this point is well taken :tu