Which all star collaboration is better? "Forever" vs. "Just Begun"

Comments

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    "Forever" is the better collaboration, but "Just Begun" is lyrically superior. "Forever" just felt more anthemic while "Just Begun" is one of those songs that is perfect for a Spring/Summer day.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    slaughterhouse> than all that mainstream ?

Kweli, Mos Def, J. Cole, Jay Electronica are more mainstream then Joe Budden and Royce and them? is Pump it Up forgotten already?
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    "Forever" is the better collaboration, but "Just Begun" is lyrically superior. "Forever" just felt more anthemic while "Just Begun" is one of those songs that is perfect for a Spring/Summer day.

I know what ya sayin but I'd be more inclined to agree with you if it Drake didn't do the hook. I won't be playin any "anthem" with Drake on the hook. dude's voice sounds like autotune even when there is no autotune. ? hurts my hears.

I agree that Just Begun is lyrically superior tho.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    na.
    The song was pretty much wrecced once Em got on it.
    Dude just closed it.
    Really the ing coulda been without him and still wouldve been a hit.
    Dude just rapped fast.

You could hear the hunger in Drakes verse.

Exactly.....
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Just Begun by light-years.....To sum it up, it's like asking, "Are you dumb or smart?, Do you blindly follow the media, or do you have your own opinion?, Are you educated or ignorant? etc."
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited July 2010
    so because Forever was the better song to more people its following the media to like it?
    I heard the song before it was on radio and it still jammed.
    Only on the IC will you find ppl who feel its Mainstream vs Underground.
    You dudes just like whoever wont get mainstream attention and as soon as they do ? turn on them.
    Are you ? haters or something?
    If Just Begun was as good as a tracc as Forever it would have been just as good mainstream wise.
    The Forever tracc is just better put together.
    Dont hate cuz it was a mainstream hit and Wayne, Kanye and Drake were on there.
    If you dont like that song its either because you hate Wayne, Kanye or Drake, or you dont like Em.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Just Begun >>> Forever

With Ease, No Competition really.
  • DILLINGERMANY
    DILLINGERMANY Members Posts: 125
    edited July 2010
    To be honest Forever went hard and nobody on earth can deny that. Just begun is actually lame Cole is the only reason and last time i listened to it. when i read the title thread i knew majority would say Just begun because it features unproven bogus conscious wannabe rappers, it's 2010, conscious rap is slang for Black empowerment rap, ? the underground!
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited July 2010
    24 hours to live> that ?
  • DILLINGERMANY
    DILLINGERMANY Members Posts: 125
    edited July 2010
    BillDance wrote: »
    24 hours to live> that ?

24 hours to live is prolly one of the g.o.a.t collabs. MASON BETHA! hahah that was fire tho
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    na.
    The song was pretty much wrecced once Em got on it.
    Dude just closed it.
    Really the ing coulda been without him and still wouldve been a hit.
    Dude just rapped fast.
    You could hear the hunger in Drakes verse.

What hunger? He sounded the same as he has in all his other verses on all his songs. No hunger. And Em killed everyone on that track, not even close.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited July 2010
    What hunger? He sounded the same as he has in all his other verses on all his songs. No hunger. And Em killed everyone on that track, not even close.

trust me
    Em was just the extra.
    he wasnt needed
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    'Just Begun' ? all over that corny ass mainstream concoction known as 'Forever'...
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    and @ItzGravitation, trust you I have heard the song at least 20 times, I know what I am hearing.

Just Begun had all lyrical verses, Forever had Em being lyrical, Kanye alright, Drake was so-so and Wayne's verse also ok.
  • EmandWeezy=Goats
    EmandWeezy=Goats Members Posts: 1,034
    edited July 2010
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    'Just Begun' ? all over that corny ass mainstream concoction known as 'Forever'...

what he said
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Mainstream radio listeners will say Forever

Underground hip-hop listeners will say Just Begun

With that being said, I'ma go with the underdog...All 4 verses are memorable. Only Em & Kanye's verses stand out on Forever
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Forever.
    easily.
    Why is this a question?
    FOH Forever was terrible with 4 commercial, bad rappers on it. Only Wayne was decent, Drake was singing, Kanye waqs horrible, and Em just rapped fast with laughably bad lyrics.
    Legend24 wrote: »
    Forever. Em killed it, Drake had a great verse, Kanye had a good verse and Wayne... he was just there. Just Begun didn't really do it for me... a great collection of artists on the track but I think they could have went in harder. There were a lot of better tracks on that album.
    Wayne hater. I don't like any of them, but Wayne definitely had the best verse. Em Sucked tbh, and Just Begun is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. And what do you mean go harder? Mos killed it, Talib killed it, Jay Elec was pretty good.
    so because Forever was the better song to more people its following the media to like it?
    I heard the song before it was on radio and it still jammed.
    Only on the IC will you find ppl who feel its Mainstream vs Underground.
    You dudes just like whoever wont get mainstream attention and as soon as they do ? turn on them.
    Are you ? haters or something?
    If Just Begun was as good as a tracc as Forever it would have been just as good mainstream wise.
    The Forever tracc is just better put together.
    Dont hate cuz it was a mainstream hit and Wayne, Kanye and Drake were on there.
    If you dont like that song its either because you hate Wayne, Kanye or Drake, or you dont like Em.
    Ignorant Post. Since when has the quality of the song= the mainstream success? That's right NEVER! Just begun is superior in every way period. To think otherwise is to be media sheep.
    To be honest Forever went hard and nobody on earth can deny that. Just begun is actually lame Cole is the only reason and last time i listened to it. when i read the title thread i knew majority would say Just begun because it features unproven bogus conscious wannabe rappers, it's 2010, conscious rap is slang for Black empowerment rap, ? the underground!
    Forever did not go hard, not with Drake on the hook and the terrible lyricist and lyrics on the track. Royce killed it better than they did. Hell latifah killed them at the BET awards. And Cole was actually the worse one on Just Begun, get your ears checked.
  • Scarface!
    Scarface! Banned Users Posts: 551
    edited July 2010
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    FOH Forever was terrible with 4 commercial, bad rappers on it. Only Wayne was decent, Drake was singing, Kanye waqs horrible, and Em just rapped fast with laughably bad lyrics.

Wayne hater. I don't like any of them, but Wayne definitely had the best verse. Em Sucked tbh, and Just Begun is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. And what do you mean go harder? Mos killed it, Talib killed it, Jay Elec was pretty good.

Ignorant Post. Since when has the quality of the song= the mainstream success? That's right NEVER! Just begun is superior in every way period. To think otherwise is to be media sheep.

Forever did not go hard, not with Drake on the hook and the terrible lyricist and lyrics on the track. Royce killed it better than they did. Hell latifah killed them at the BET awards. And Cole was actually the worse one on Just Begun, get your ears checked.

? outta here with that elitist ? ?
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Just Begun easily...

On itunes, i cropped out all the ? just to hear Em's verse
  • ItzGravitation
    edited July 2010
    ? always callin ppl sheep when they hit with the truth.
    Forever>>>J Coles career and Just Begun
    period.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Just Begun
    People are bringing up possible wack verses on Forever
    Who on Just Begun had a wack verse?
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    "Smile on my face, tears of a sad clown
    Feelin outta place as I whistle a cab down..."

"I'm in New York now, like Akeem and Semi was
    tryna get the lobby door open off a semi buzz
    I just wanna go to the slums
    and throw my money on the floor like the Notorious B.U.M." (ummmmmm)

"I'm in New Orleans screamin WHO DAT at the devil
    serving gumbo with a shovel, dawg I'm on another level"
  • da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2010
    Geez. I only really liked two verses in both songs.
    Kweli & J. Cole on Just Begun
    Drake & Eminem on Forever.

They actually break even for me.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Who raps the last verse on Just Begun?