In order

Talib Kweli
    Jay Electronica
    J. Cole
    Mos Def
  • EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited July 2010
    Forever had kanye, eminem, drake, lil wayne and just begun just had....uhhhh yeah forgot---J.cole
  • EmandWeezy=Goats
    EmandWeezy=Goats Members Posts: 1,034
    edited July 2010
    Forever had kanye, eminem, drake, lil wayne and just begun just had....uhhhh yeah forgot---J.cole

Shut your ass up
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    genstasia wrote: »
    Nore Verse was dead wack but it didnt take away from the song ? Nore talkin about drinking Tomato Juice and ish.... i still dont know what he was talkin about "Use to be on Section 8 now my Section is Good".....

lol that's real ? nore was talkin out his ass but by the time he spit it didn't matter cuz everybody else bodied it
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010

You reside in 'Swaggerkana' huh?...

Yeah 'Forever' had those 4 big names on it... but ask yourself, did they all fit into the song?
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Who raps the last verse on Just Begun?

Mos Def.....
  • nyq_guru
    nyq_guru Members Posts: 138
    edited July 2010
    Some of you say the darnedest things, do you actually believe what you type? I have no problem with people having different taste but come on now...

IMO Just Begun by faaaaaaaaaaaar. To me that right there is hip hop at its finest. Not hating on Forever, I just feel that it was no match for what all four brought to the table on Just Begun. Can't wait to see Reflection Eternal next month.
  • DILLINGERMANY
    DILLINGERMANY Members Posts: 125
    edited July 2010
    judging by the poll i can see the racial forecast in this thread! forever ? and wipes its own ass with JUST BENIGN!
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    j.cole spit straight flames on just begun. i say thats better because of the all star lyricist. forever just had the hottest names in the game.
  • BobOblah
    edited July 2010
    j.cole spit straight flames on just begun. i say thats better because of the all star lyricist. forever just had the hottest names in the game.

Truth be told, if skills sold, Just Begun would be the track all over the radio, MTV, and being performed at award shows.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2010
    judging by the poll i can see the racial forecast in this thread! forever ? and wipes its own ass with JUST BENIGN!

Quit hating... you lost LOL
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Truth be told, if skills sold, Just Begun would be the track all over the radio, MTV, and being performed at award shows.

C/S
    I'm still waiting for someone to say who on Just Begun had a wack verse....
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited July 2010
    C/S
    I'm still waiting for someone to say who on Just Begun had a wack verse....

mos def verse > wayne's verse
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2010

I respect your wishes bro... but ? MTV and award shows

I like the way the track don't get recognition... that way it stays FRESH
  • BobOblah
    edited July 2010
    mos def verse ?? wayne's verse

wait, what you sayin? Mos Def's verse was wack? or Wayne's was wack? Mos' was dope and I actually like some of Waynes verse, which is rare for me.

"life is such a f-cking roller coaster then it drops,
    but what should I scream for this is my theme park"

Wayne's got some clever ? now and then
  • BobOblah
    edited July 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I respect your wishes bro... but ? MTV and award shows

I like the way the track don't recognition... that way it stays FRESH

I didn't say I wish they were on MTV though, I said if skills sold, they would be. Which is true. But skills don't sell.

Trust me, I aint checkin for MTV or award shows. They're so far disconnected from hiphop that they're irrelevant. I can't say I wouldn't like some real ? to get mainstream publicity, but as far as MTV and awards, theyre too far gone to even hope for that.
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited July 2010
    Forever was trash imo, I liked the original with Drake, Wayne, and Nutt Da Kid way better than that mainstream ? concoction they released. Just Begun is way better than Forever, lyricism at it's finest plus the beat was better. The only reason people was even checking for Forever was Eminem and even the ? he spit wasn't better than anybody on Just Begun.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2010
    I didn't say I wish they were on MTV though, I said if skills sold, they would be. Which is true. But skills don't sell.

Trust me, I aint checkin for MTV or award shows. They're so far disconnected from hiphop that they're irrelevant. I can't say I wouldn't like some real ? to get mainstream publicity, but as far as MTV and awards, theyre too far gone to even hope for that.

OK... got ya
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited July 2010
    wait, what you sayin? Mos Def's verse was wack? or Wayne's was wack? Mos' was dope and I actually like some of Waynes verse, which is rare for me.

"life is such a f-cking roller coaster then it drops,
    but what should I scream for this is my theme park"

Wayne's got some clever ? now and then

my bad it was a typo i meant to say mos def had a better verse than wayne on their respective tracks. the reason i mentioned those 2 because they were the least memorable on both tracks. i edited my post lol.
  • da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2010
    my bad it was a typo i meant to say mos def had a better verse than wayne on their respective tracks. the reason i mentioned those 2 because they were the least memorable on both tracks. i edited my post lol.

agreed.
    characters
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Just Begun is my ? , I can listen to that all day.
    Talib and Mos Def are two of my favorites and J.Cole and Jay Electronica are becoming my favorites
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited July 2010
    first off i gotta say this a good thread.. 2 different types of songs with different types of artist on them.. i think it all depends on ur taste of hiphop.. i personally like Just Begun i think they all went in, on Forever i think Drake and Kanye were definitly outshined by Wayne N Eminem, while on Just Begun theres definitly chemistry and they all match their verses evenly..
  • deadprez123
    deadprez123 Members Posts: 18
    edited July 2010
    Talib > Drake
    Jay = Kayne
    J..Cole> Wayne
    Mos Def > Eminem
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited July 2010
    Just begun doesnt even have an allstar line up.
    Forever was nothing but big Hip Hop names.