Get NBA 2K16 Four Days Early By Preordering

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
[img]https://scontent-ord1-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11009348_10155614281260305_1515926688836499426_n.jpg?oh=3067704aeed2c4b48988d70acd06bc52&oe=55BFDD56[/img]

http://2kgam.es/NBA2K16GameStop
Players who pre-order NBA 2K16 will be able to play the game four days in advance of the release date, September 29.Pre-orders will also receive 10,000 VC (virtual currency), with current-gen versions receiving three MyTEAM Emerald Packs (each with a guaranteed Emerald player), and last-gen players receiving a MyTEAM Gold Booster Pack with a guaranteed Gold player and four additional gold items.

NBA 2K16 will release on the PlayStation 3 and 4, and Xbox One and 360, on September 29 in both Europe and North America.

We recently learned that the game will boast three different covers -- Stephen Curry, James Harden, and Kevin Durant -- and reported that filmmaker Spike Lee is apparently involved with the career mode in NBA 2K16.

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It's only worth it cuz you get it early. Wish it was something different bonuses
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    pass...i'll wait til December to cop it for $30 during the Steam sale

edit: this is the year i skip...oh well...2k17, here i come
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant does not deserve a cover. LeBron should have got his spot
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Did they fix ai being able to be Steph Curry from 3 on the court at all times? How about the player being able to actually play defense on the ai?
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

Yeah I think I'm waiting until Black Friday sales to cop basketball & 2k has had ? pre-order content over the last few years. I might just pass on 2k16 altogether depending on what EA is doing w/Live'16. I'm just tired of paying $60 for the same gameplay, ? servers, & lackluster game modes. I didn't see the point in having MyGM in '15 when Association mode was already in the game. I really didn't care for Path to Greatness in 2K14 either it was a waste of space. The Legend teams well... 2k needs to get their ? in order.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They said one of the classic teams is gonna be 1999-2000 Toronto Raptors, Vince/T-Mac squad
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    They said one of the classic teams is gonna be 1999-2000 Toronto Raptors, Vince/T-Mac squad

Man they need to get the '93 Suns, '00 Pacers and 01 Lakers in that ? , and they better not throw a 80s Lakers squad in w/o Kareem, ? is like puttin the 94 Bulls in the game... Playin with a young Tmac and VC will be dope tho
  • AP21
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »

Yeah I think I'm waiting until Black Friday sales to cop basketball & 2k has had ? pre-order content over the last few years. I might just pass on 2k16 altogether depending on what EA is doing w/Live'16. I'm just tired of paying $60 for the same gameplay, ? servers, & lackluster game modes. I didn't see the point in having MyGM in '15 when Association mode was already in the game. I really didn't care for Path to Greatness in 2K14 either it was a waste of space. The Legend teams well... 2k needs to get their ? in order.

on some real ? ...people really need to stop preordering games...there is just no need to do so anymore now that the games NEVER sell out on release day. Even the biggest triple A title has hundreds of copies available on release day.

The incentives just dont justify it imo.

extra skins? nah...i'll pass
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still playing 14' post.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
  • AP21
    Options
    mikey, i know you a youngin and all brah, but is this really a 1st day cop? hell, is any game really a first day cop anymore?

? it...i'll just leave ya'll at it...dont mind me
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    I just want the cover . It's special edition B.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody else dropping sports games later this year has already shown gameplay while 2K is still announcing covers? I'm starting to expect that 2K16 won't be much different from 2K15 other than Spike Lee being involved with MyCareer mode. If that's the case, I'll cop Live first and wait for the Black Friday price drop for this ? .
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Damn just noticed that too
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Damn just noticed that too
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet the roll out for gameplay information is gonna be slow and the exact same as last year, ? we ain't even got a damn screenshot of how the game will look this year. We can't even get a ? screenshot 2K? Just covers?
  • AP21
    Options
    Everybody else dropping sports games later this year has already shown gameplay while 2K is still announcing covers? I'm starting to expect that 2K16 won't be much different from 2K15 other than Spike Lee being involved with MyCareer mode. If that's the case, I'll cop Live first and wait for the Black Friday price drop for this ? .

i knew something was afoot when they werent at E3

hell, not even Operationsports got much info about 2k16
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to let you continue your my league from 2k15 on here
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The most important thing they need 2 do is make inline franchise modes. Me and my ? wanna start a franchise but u can only do that ? season
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the doubters they have fixed a lot of flaws in the online department.

Reaching my 500 th win in 800 games i m well placed to say this : 2k is not for casual and lack of bball knowledge players.

Cause if you really think that you could defend Lebron, Harden, Durant, Curry one on one you need to watch some games

If you though that you could watch Kyle corver, klay Thompson and Irving shouting without contesting you need to watch some games first.

2k gives you a reflection of your BBALL IQ. Fact is when you re facing a player who has a deep bball knowledge with a decent team you ll get your ass kicked even if you got the GSW or CAVS.

I ll get 500 wins playing against these teams with Spurs and Thunder.
    I do better with San Antonio cause im a defense oriented player.

If you cant ball online chances are you cant neither in real life.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Some ? think they will win games just taking one star and shooting threes.

A guy tried it last games with durant. He got an early 15 lts lead and 24 points from KD. Entering the 3rd quarter i have doubled KD and Westbrook. Appeared that he couldnt do any post move or shoot with another player.

Result : i got a 20 pts lead at the end of the 3rd quarter. ? was yelling and crying. I told him that bball is a TEAM EFFORT. He rage quited.

Same ? happens with the Curry and Thompson users.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    So for me i dont want the online to be easy for casual players.

You are a Team baller or you re not!!!

• willhustle
    edited June 2015
    Options

I'm say this like I said on BX, that is nothing more than a marketing tool for 2k to ensure they push as many copies of 2k16 as possible. The DLC that comes with it is some ? VC points & some special edition junk content. I really think 2k16 is gone be smoke & mirrors (more of the same) while trying to cut corners.
  • willhustle
    Options

I think this is what I'm going to do for the games dropping this fall. The only game I can see myself getting on Day 1 right now is WWE 2K16. After watching the E3 conference, it's not much dropping this fall I'm looking forward to. Games that I want like Phantom Pain & Mad Max drop the same day. I'm not paying $120 for both. Until Dawn drops on 8/25 a week before those 2 a "end of summer" title. Then that Rainbow 6 Siege game drops the second week of October, 2 weeks before WWE 2K16. See the pattern with the gaming releases? Call me cheap or broke but that's a lot of money to spend on games in a 2 month span for $60+ a piece.