Cowboy Bebop Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikelewis2 wrote: »
    Great show, Edward and her random nonsense was hysterical to me. My favorite episode was with the dude and that red eye liquid.

Death Note is straight too, though I hate what happened to L in the series. Without giving too much away, he deserved a lot better. The show I just started getting into was Attack on Titan.

That's the first EP. It's actually pretty damn good for an opening episode. They didn't bother with origin stories or anything like that until the show moved forward.

My favorite eps are the origin eps though, Jet's Ganymede Elegy and Spike's Ballad of the Fallen Angels.
  • cyr0gen
    cyr0gen Members Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭
    Spike will always be on of my favorite characters. BTW, if you liked CB then you should definitely check out Black Lagoon.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did ya'll see the movie? It was pretty good. Ole boy was giving Spike that work though.

220px-Cowboy_Bebop_Knockin%27_on_Heaven%27s_Door_poster.jpg
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Movie was dope, it felt like an extended episode of the show.

I would have liked for it to be more relevant to one of the characters story though.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite anime of all time. It has one of the GOAT anime soundtracks too.
    Only anime I've ever seen was death note.

Kept hearing good things about this so i guess I'll try it next

What did you think of Death Note?

Cowboy Bebop is much different. Most of the episodes are not independent. Some people don't like that, but it's one of the things I like most about it. It gives it more replay value to me. I for one don't really like watching an episode that takes place in the middle of a plot. You don't really have that problem with Cowboy Bebop, so you can basically catch a random episode anytime and enjoy it.

I loved death note. I'm a sucker for a 'smartest guy in the room with an equally as smart adversary' story. Ryuk was hilarious too.

You might like Code Gaess then. It's an anime in the same vein as Death Note.

On an unrelated note, anyone ever check out Wolf's Rain?

Everyone knows about how Samurai Champloo is an anime mad by most of the same people as Cowboy Bebop. Wolf's Rain is too though. I think it just gets forgotten because it doesn't follow the same formula as CB and SC. I saw bits and pieces of it, but I need to watch the series again to see if it was good or not.

What is Wolf's Rain about?

It's kinda weird, but basically wolves have been extinct for 200 years, but in truth they are around, they have just learned out to cast illusions and blend in with human. It sounds crazy, but these are like Japanese mythological type animals, which are basically intelligent and have magic. Four wolves group up in search the Lunar Flower which the believe will lead them to the paradise that only wolves can find. Along the journey, they run into a bunch of craziness just like in SC.

I hated wolf rain ? was stupid af to me