Better Overall Wrestler Vol. 2: HBK vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited May 2015 in Off The Turn Buckle
austinhbk1.jpg

Better Overall Wrestler Vol. 2: HBK vs Stone Cold Steve Austin 51 votes

HBK
66%
kingofkingzdalyricalbandit[Deleted User]nawledge_god5th Letteraneed123jonoKNiGHTSjoeyfkncrakkRobCoLifeTrill Gate$vageneral08a-grave247BeleeDatPleighboyKillaChamPanchoYoSanchoTheEyeronic1Chi-Town BullyStoneColdMikeyTheBoyRo 34 votes
Stone Cold Steve Austin
33%
eternal soldierjee504Mdizzle9000professor xCopperDOPEdweebzIdiopathic Jokerits....JOHN BPSN-Canibussbornagkn33usAK.aPHillYisILLTheRicanKingTrollio LUClENTonyDubbzBangEm_Bart iNeverCould 17 votes

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    HBK
    Shawn has Austin beat in everything but possibly charisma
    Austin a much better earner.

This was kinda tough
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    HBK
    outside of drawing numbers HBK again and it aint close
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBK
    number 1 and 1a in my book, but hbk after career threatening injury got even better in ring, unfortunately for scsa despite highly entertaining matches it aint work out that way.

really im not sure hbk can lose any of these comparisons lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Lol more prople avoiding this
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Stone cold
    Stone cold
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Stonecold the goat
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    So Shawn is the consensus goat on the ic? Foh Vince said it himself Austin is the greatest superstar of all time, he "changed" wrestling, was responsible for the greatest era in wwe history, was the biggest reason wwe survived the Monday night wars, and just took it to new levels from its struggletastic years when Shawn was on top
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    HBK
    HBK in ring>the best quality of nearly any other guy

lets not blame the struggle on hbk either, that aint quite factual
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is one of those wrestler/superstar debates. t/s didn't bother explaining so the lines are getting blurred

hbk is a better wrestler than rock and Austin although they're no slouches either. but as far as the overall package (superstar) is concerned Austin and rock both have shawn beat

Austin's character: anti authority, take no prisoners type of dude who
    -had great mic skills
    -could perform in the ring

Rock's character: the fly flashy ? who
    -had great mic skills
    -could perform in the ring

Shawn was a great performer and promo but no hetero man is trying to see another man gyrating his hips in chains and leather while inviting other men to his ?

so no matter how much wwe hype up Shawn, from a character standpoint men don't really ride for dude like they would for Austin or Rock as far as the complete package is concerned

but no dude in his right mind would deny hbk's ability to steal the show
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    HBK
    Wrestler - HBK
    Gimmick/superstar - Austin
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    I'm just basing solely off of favoritism. I was more of a Rock and Goldberg fan anyway.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBK
    Stone Cold before that neck injury was a wrestling machine though.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Stone Cold Steve Austin

i never thought id see the day where people thought the rock and stone cold were better wrestlers than shawn michaels.
    Nobody is saying better in ring, we're saying overall package, but for tuture refences, I might reword it to maybe"sports entertainer".
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited June 2015
    HBK
    just lay out all the categories and how much the categories should weigh and have people rate em to explain they vote

In-ring
    charisma
    promo

etc.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    just lay out all the categories and how much the categories should weigh and have people rate em to explain they vote

In-ring
    charisma
    promo

etc.
    Nah people know what I meant. Only on the internet people want to be difficult about interpretations. I asked many people offline the same question and they all said "well in the ring HBK, but mic skills, character, charisma, impact, and etc".

Hell even when I did the GOAT, Goat threads, people understood. So imma leave it at that.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBK
    Shawn was carrying the wwe on his back after bret hart left
  • DOPEdweebz
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Shawn was carrying the wwe on his back after bret hart left

Stone Cold was carrying the WWE during and after Shawn left.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBK
    These are my favorite two wrestlers by far, but I gotta give it to HBK. They both were total packages, but Shawn was the greatest in ring talent of all time. Nobody could do what he did nor do it as consistently. If Austin hadnt broken his neck before the peak of his run, it might've been a different story. He still had some legendary matches after, but it wasnt the same. You could make a list of the top 100 matches of all time and Shawn could easily take up half the list.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    These are my favorite two wrestlers by far, but I gotta give it to HBK. They both were total packages, but Shawn was the greatest in ring talent of all time. Nobody could do what he did nor do it as consistently. If Austin hadnt broken his neck before the peak of his run, it might've been a different story. He still had some legendary matches after, but it wasnt the same. You could make a list of the top 100 matches of all time and Shawn could easily take up half the list.

In ring talent is only one part of "overall", but you like what you like.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBK
    ? sleepin on HBKs charisma, he had way more swag and style with how he carried himself in and out the ring than Austin with the "Boy Toy" persona with Sherri, the "Heartbreak Kid" first title run and his years with DX, his taunts in his matches were gold in his first DX run....

Austin is held in high regard bc of his antics with McMahon,Pillmans gun and other ? more than anything else, bc when you really look at it based on his run with the E he didn't even have more charisma or better in ring ability than guys like Razor Ramon,Macho Man or Mr Perfect...
  • DOPEdweebz
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    blu197 wrote: »
    ? sleepin on HBKs charisma, he had way more swag and style with how he carried himself in and out the ring than Austin with the "Boy Toy" persona with Sherri, the "Heartbreak Kid" first title run and his years with DX, his taunts in his matches were gold in his first DX run....

Austin is held in high regard bc of his antics with McMahon,Pillmans gun and other ? more than anything else, bc when you really look at it based on his run with the E he didn't even have more charisma or better in ring ability than guys like Razor Ramon,Macho Man or Mr Perfect...

Da ? you talking about? Austin came back in 2001 as one of the best heeks if all time rivaling anyone ever. B4 that he was the hottest face rivaling Hogan in the 80s. Not saying HBK didnt havibg huge cgarusna cyz I yhink its close, but you cant out Mr Perfect charisma on the same level as Austin, even a prime Scott Hall /Razor didnt capture the pulse of Monday Nugyts and tge kate 90s lto early 2000s like Austin. You're completely trivializing his success and ability.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude had to be ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    HBK
    only an idiot would downplay austin charisma