You're now making $11.75/hr at your job, are you doing better or worse?

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make 1350-1500 every 2 weeks got stubs to match, I got a roommate and in school to cut bills in half
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    If be better off milking unemployment and welfare

I couldn't make it off $11.75 an hour and live close to the lifestyle I live now
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd be homeless and damn near suicidal if that ? happened.
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me a long time to surpass that wage, and it's the reason I became more independent minded, pursuing a work-for-myself lifestyle. I learned a long time ago that this system isn't fair and if I wanted a real life and to not be struggling, I couldn't depend on someone giving me work.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id be homeless as ? ..

1fe005e3c-O2ZD.png
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    JokerKing wrote: »
    Most these ? with in a warehouse

warehouses pay pretty good money
    Yeah if you're single with no kids, no car note and still live in ya momma house.

If you're getting an hourly wage and you're not union or some variation of a skilled trade, you're not making ? over $14/hour unless it's some temp ? .

? need to quit looking for jobs and build a career. You'll never profit from working a job. Invest in yourself, be career oriented not job proficient.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering I make more than that
    I'd punch somebody for dropping my pay
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's not how much you make but how you spend. $11.75 isn't a lot but I know people who are making $17-$19 a hour & claim that they are hardly getting by. I won't be surprised that the guy that makes $11.75 is better with money than the $17 a hour person
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont even wanna think about it. Ill think about more money though
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    Most these ? with in a warehouse

warehouses pay pretty good money

you not even lying somebody should make a thread on this..jobs that make surprisingly good money. You want a job making pretty close to 20 dollars an hour or more off the bat learn to drive a forklift and get on fulltime on any major carriers dock...they usually start you off around 17-19 and top at 23-24 bucks an hour. city bus drivers are the same way.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what a lot of people fail to realize is that 20 bucks an hour aint that hard to get nowadays. the norm seems to be 14-16 starting out. hell even mcdonalds and walmart raising thier workers up to 10 bucks an hour by the end of next year. with inflation and ? most people still in the same boat they was in before.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to burn the ? down.
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? , Id have to move back in with my parents =(
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be doing way worse, but I'd also qualify for government benefits.
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Where yall workin at makin all dat paypa?

The IC is full of ballers, you ain't know?

on the ic... ? making 40 - 100k... and will laugh at you and ask "how do you survive if you make less..

I legit make between 60-65k including bonuses
  • L.O.S.T.
    I left a job retail management job to work where I am now. Left some money on the table because I had hit my ceiling. When I started I was making about 11.50. This is with a wife and one kid. Now 4 years and 2 kids later I make 60-65k with bonuses. That's more than she makes and she has a masters degree.
  • Kat
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    I left a job retail management job to work where I am now. Left some money on the table because I had hit my ceiling. When I started I was making about 11.50. This is with a wife and one kid. Now 4 years and 2 kids later I make 60-65k with bonuses. That's more than she makes and she has a masters degree.

wtf.

This is some ? and one of the main reasons I hesitate in jumping into student loan debt.

• L.O.S.T.
    Kat wrote: »

wtf.

This is some ? and one of the main reasons I hesitate in jumping into student loan debt.

Yeah. She or should I say we owe over 60k.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

*? Stamp*
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015

Wow. If you gonna put in the time at universities, you got to start out a good clip higher than that, IMO. Regardless tho, depending on the major, an advanced degree puts you at higher career trajectory; more opportunities, higher cieling.

Student Debt without scholarships is a bear tho. No denying that.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather go back to the streets, no offense. But that money ain't feedin no family.
  • Kat

*? Stamp*

Shut the ? up.