You're now making $11.75/hr at your job, are you doing better or worse?

124»

Comments

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    CONFLICT wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I made that but i also get about 30hrs of automatic OT every week.

Ends up being about 34-35k per year

My girl makes more than me tho so we livin good.

Imma need a new job soon as my babies gets a lil bigger so i dont have to worry about paying for daycare

Lmao@ living good with 34k. Wtf

Im comfortable.... and got 2 kids... 790 credit score... own a car... just bought a 4 bedroom house... have surplus cash every month... only work weekends... & have Monday-Friday off to watch my kids

...im living good

GOATed

Income is only one factor. Living within your means and the cost of living where you are, are other huge factors to consider.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Stiff wrote: »
    JokerKing wrote: »
    Most these ? with in a warehouse

warehouses pay pretty good money

you not even lying somebody should make a thread on this..jobs that make surprisingly good money. You want a job making pretty close to 20 dollars an hour or more off the bat learn to drive a forklift and get on fulltime on any major carriers dock...they usually start you off around 17-19 and top at 23-24 bucks an hour. city bus drivers are the same way.

Hell yea I got a homie who got his forklift cert while working at Home Depot..he had a connect to a warehouse and got put on. Dude gets paid weekly now and sees dam near $1000 checks. He ain't hurtin
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking as a guy who just jumped from $11.75 a year ago, got a raise to about $12.10 and recently moved to another state to make around 16 an hour... $11.75 ain't a lot but you can make it work if you freak it right. You might have to be single with no kids and live in a not so great looking apartment but you can freak it lol. People here are killing me acting like life would be over at $11.75 an hour. I've seen so many folks who jump up from making almost nothing to making decent money.. They buy up all this ? before they even get their first check and end up living like they were before getting a good job.. They just got better looking ? .
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Speaking as a guy who just jumped from $11.75 a year ago, got a raise to about $12.10 and recently moved to another state to make around 16 an hour... $11.75 ain't a lot but you can make it work if you freak it right. You might have to be single with no kids and live in a not so great looking apartment but you can freak it lol. People here are killing me acting like life would be over at $11.75 an hour. I've seen so many folks who jump up from making almost nothing to making decent money.. They buy up all this ? before they even get their first check and end up living like they were before getting a good job.. They just got better looking ? .

People just like to front.

I know you got that 16 dollar an hour and boogied when you got that check. Plus with your money managing coming from that 11 bucks an hr, you're able to bring that over to the 16, which flips like boss mode.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Um yeah my life would definitely be over. 11.75 x 40hrs is like 1800 a month before taxes. That's barely enough to cover my child support payments
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Um yeah my life would definitely be over. 11.75 x 40hrs is like 1800 a month before taxes. That's barely enough to cover my child support payments

Get a part time, so add let's say half of your monthly pay from your part time gig. Now you at 2700 a month, get a roommate and cut rent in half, or a girl, now trade in that whip with the car payment, and cut down your car insurance, so now you only paying half rent, utilities, cell phone, liability or basic full car coverage, food, and trick money....you should realistically have over 1500 at the end of each month extra
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wuwop wrote: »

Get a part time, so add let's say half of your monthly pay from your part time gig. Now you at 2700 a month, get a roommate and cut rent in half, or a girl, now trade in that whip with the car payment, and cut down your car insurance, so now you only paying half rent, utilities, cell phone, liability or basic full car coverage, food, and trick money....you should realistically have over 1500 at the end of each month extra

I thought we were speaking in terms of that 11.75 being your only income.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be doing way worse, but I'd make that 11.75 work. Would have to alter the way I live, and cut some things out, but I'd make it shake.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i was making 11.75 at my job it better have some good perks to come with that

At my job now i make a pretty penny, it's got a union, wifi, & i do the bare minimum & it's always hoes walking around here
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah if you're single with no kids, no car note and still live in ya momma house.

If you're getting an hourly wage and you're not union or some variation of a skilled trade, you're not making ? over $14/hour unless it's some temp ? .

? need to quit looking for jobs and build a career. You'll never profit from working a job. Invest in yourself, be career oriented not job proficient.

Where I'm at doing shipping and packing gets you 18 an hour with the right certs
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the feeling of having a big pay cut, but 11.75 is not negotiable.......

New company came in, fired folk or a lot of ppl left. Want more work done for less. Lord willing they be outta here by next month. On another note, there are plenty of ppl who would actually ? for that amount tho......
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

People just like to front.

I know you got that 16 dollar an hour and boogied when you got that check. Plus with your money managing coming from that 11 bucks an hr, you're able to bring that over to the 16, which flips like boss mode.
    Yeah man ? is sweet right now. I bought a car before I got the new job because I was able to afford it but now that I'm making more and found a better apartment life is good. Living near Charlotte is a major plus too.
  • Rosbailamos
    Rosbailamos Members Posts: 15
    edited June 2015
    See where I live in Texas I'm making bout 11.75 hr with health coverage and no kids is doing work. I don't see how you guys cant make it but when you make that money in my country town you damn near balling.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black excellence
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be doing better. As long as I can keep my normal amount of days off.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

you not even lying somebody should make a thread on this..jobs that make surprisingly good money. You want a job making pretty close to 20 dollars an hour or more off the bat learn to drive a forklift and get on fulltime on any major carriers dock...they usually start you off around 17-19 and top at 23-24 bucks an hour. city bus drivers are the same way.

Hell yea I got a homie who got his forklift cert while working at Home Depot..he had a connect to a warehouse and got put on. Dude gets paid weekly now and sees dam near $1000 checks. He ain't hurtin

That's crazy because my sister just told me today that she have a coworker that work part time at Home Depot that make $15 a hour. That shss shock the hell out of me
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your child support would go down. They bar it off income. ? I pay 675 a month in CS
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See where I live in Texas I'm making bout 11.75 hr with health coverage and no kids is doing work. I don't see how you guys cant make it but when you make that money in my country town you damn near balling.

Come to los angeles and I guarantee you wouldn't be able to find a place to live without atleast one roommate.