FALLOUT 4 COUNTDOWN

Options

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's Fallout so Imma buy it, but those graphics and character models weren't hitting on much. Especially not this generation.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Graphics ain't everything. As long as the story is good and the gameplay is decent I'm there. There are mods for graphics.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game looks gorgeous compared to the other games.

Coppin for sure. Need to see some gameplay.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Fallout is always first day cop for me. I do hope they fix all the glitches and the damn game freezing all the time. Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas would freeze randomly on me. Not frequently, but enough to ? me off especially when I would forget to save lol. I always hold off on doing the main story though, I will do like 1 mission of the main story then just go exploring until I feel like ive done everything possible. Then ill do the main story completely overpowered haha.

and for those reasons, thats why you shouldnt cop first day

idk if you're on PC, but the days of me copping on day one have been over in the year and a half since i made the jump to pc.

The mod community for Bethesda games is so dope. They tend to fix a lot of the issues with the vanilla game

Ah man, i been wanting to make the switch to PC for awhile. I got a decent PC, its just a HP home desktop though, not meant for gaming at all. I want to build my own gaming PC but dont know ? about computers. Thats a goal for the next couple years though. I got a PS4 but i dont ? with console games too much. Just play mmo's on my ? PC lol.

Mods sound dope as ? , i was watching videos of Skyrim mods and they are insane! I like the Lore of fallout a lot more than Elder Scrolls though, if you actually read the computers and books and ? , the fallout world is/was ? up lol. Sure people make some creative ? with Fallout mods.

brah, this is the IC...we here to help fam

i consider myself savvy but still had never built a pc from scratch.

? wasnt hard at all brah

whats your price range...lets start there

Its kinda on the back burner for awhile. Lots i need to save up for haha. But id say maybe 700-800 bucks?

well you could spend about $500 and still get something that plays games in 1080p resolution

i can post a couple links for you if you want but you dont HAVE to spend that much on a pc if you dont want

I spent right at about $700 but that included mouse, keyboard, headset, wireless 360 controller adapter, and I think thats it, but the actual parts for the machine including case probably set me back about $580 and some change.

Thatd be dope dude. anything you could post that would be informative would help. Most ive ever done to a PC is switch out a graphics card and update the RAM chips haha. I wanna learn a lot more about computers and how they work, maybe even do some career type ? with them since everything is electronic now. This would be a cool project to keep me occupied for awhile.
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never played this what's it about?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fallout is always first day cop for me. I do hope they fix all the glitches and the damn game freezing all the time. Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas would freeze randomly on me. Not frequently, but enough to ? me off especially when I would forget to save lol. I always hold off on doing the main story though, I will do like 1 mission of the main story then just go exploring until I feel like ive done everything possible. Then ill do the main story completely overpowered haha.

idk if you're on PC, but the days of me copping on day one have been over in the year and a half since i made the jump to pc.

The mod community for Bethesda games is so dope. They tend to fix a lot of the issues with the vanilla game

Ah man, i been wanting to make the switch to PC for awhile. I got a decent PC, its just a HP home desktop though, not meant for gaming at all. I want to build my own gaming PC but dont know ? about computers. Thats a goal for the next couple years though. I got a PS4 but i dont ? with console games too much. Just play mmo's on my ? PC lol.

Mods sound dope as ? , i was watching videos of Skyrim mods and they are insane! I like the Lore of fallout a lot more than Elder Scrolls though, if you actually read the computers and books and ? , the fallout world is/was ? up lol. Sure people make some creative ? with Fallout mods.

? wasnt hard at all brah

Its kinda on the back burner for awhile. Lots i need to save up for haha. But id say maybe 700-800 bucks?

well you could spend about $500 and still get something that plays games in 1080p resolution

i can post a couple links for you if you want but you dont HAVE to spend that much on a pc if you dont want

I spent right at about $700 but that included mouse, keyboard, headset, wireless 360 controller adapter, and I think thats it, but the actual parts for the machine including case probably set me back about $580 and some change.

Thatd be dope dude. anything you could post that would be informative would help. Most ive ever done to a PC is switch out a graphics card and update the RAM chips haha. I wanna learn a lot more about computers and how they work, maybe even do some career type ? with them since everything is electronic now. This would be a cool project to keep me occupied for awhile.

i got you...

i'ma @ you when i drop some stuff
  • AP21
    Options

basically a nuke has been set off destroying much of the country

some people took refuge in fallout shelters to survive and it was there that they began trying to repopulate and stuff

then you had some who were exposed to too much radiation and now they roam the land as well

factions and gangs roam the land. Some good, some bad

its a dope ass game brah
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Dope series.

World went through a nuclear war, some folks were prepared and stayed in "Vaults" which are literally just vaults in the side of mountains or in hills or something, and they lived in there to avoid nuclear fallout. In every fallout, your character wakes up and you explore the wasteland and meet different factions of people and decide who you want to side with, or you can try to be as neutral as you want to be. Games are dope and have hella replay to them. You could replay the game and make completely different decisions and it will change the story for ya.
  • reapin505
    Options
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Timeline of all that happened pre war and after the nukes fell. Whats crazy is that the nukes fell at the end of this century, which some say in the real world is when resource wars are supposed to begin.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know how i feel about those graphics it looks 2008ish... but the game play & story better be on point
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder how they shake things up....
  • AP21
    Options
    alleged info about the game from a former employer, contains possible spoilers. Read at your own risk
  • reapin505
    Options
    If that is true that is interesting. Especially the fallout spin off. Feminist will have a ? storm prepared if you can only play as a male character during the main story though lol
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The #1 thing I want from Fallout 4 is improved story, characters, and ESPECIALLY the dialog trees. Fallout 1 & 2 had some of the best, deepest dialog trees ever, Fallout 3's were shallow as ? . I want that Mass Effect/Dragon Age level of interaction with party members. Let us feel camaraderie with someone other than the ? dog for once lol.
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2015
    Options

? wasnt hard at all brah

Yeah, I need a new one. I already replaced my old PSU with a SeaSonic so that's cool. My graphics card is still good too. Still can't decide on a processor tho. My instinct is to go all-out with the i7 but everyone tells me the i5 is more than enough. But then I gotta decide whether I want to try overclocking with the i5-4690K or just settle for the i5-4460. Decisions, decisions. I was actually about to cop a PS4 in the meantime because I heard the console versions of Dragon Age were better this time anyway, but with Fallout 4 dropping.........I can't do no damn FPS on a gamepad i'm sorry lol. IDK how ya'll ? can stand that ? lol. That's what happens when you're raised on using a mouse in Wolf3D, Doom, Quake, Descent, Shadow Warrior, Blood, Dark Forces 2....

oh and Windows 7 for life. FOH Microsoft, ya'll ? better not ? up 10.
  • AP21
    Options
    if you not gonna be doing any overclocking, then the i5 should be more than good for you

and fam, most of the games i own on PC are controller compatible. I came from the console era so to me, the controller feels more natural. I've gotten more comfortable with the kb/m but controller is still my go to
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't be surprised if it ends up being Fallout 3/New Vegas remastered.

wouldn't even mind that. make the wasteland bigger and extend the level cap and I'm good
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fallout 3 was better from a technical stand point because there weren't a lot of bugs or frame rate issues, but I had more fun and feel New Vegas was the better game. New Vegas actually FELT like a Fallout game, Fallout 3 not so much, 3 was still a good game though.
  • Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fallout 3 was better from a technical stand point because there weren't a lot of bugs or frame rate issues, but I had more fun and feel New Vegas was the better game. New Vegas actually FELT like a Fallout game, Fallout 3 not so much, 3 was still a good game though.

Ive been coming around to this way of thinking for a while. I think I was just so impressed with the atmosphere of the capital wasteland and that new experience of roaming amongst the devastation that i gave it the edge. In truth, Vegas is likely the better and more involving game. I see what people who played the older games are talking about when they say its a lot more like fallout should be. Its more replayable as well.

Both great though, and that moment i stepped out of the vault to see the capital wasteland for the first time is prob always gonna be my favourite ever gaming moment.

New one looks immense as well, ive watched that trailer ten or twenty times and my anticipation is through the roof, looks like theyve taken the best of the last two and added even more.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So apparently this game takes place in Boston, and it is on PS4, XB1, and PC only.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nov 10th 2015 release date...

Looks great...
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2015
    Options
    that E3 presentation was cot damned GOAT, GOAT, PURE GOATNESS, ? LOL

.....building your own fortress in the wasteland like Minecraft......more BioWare-esque dialogue system....tons of customization of weapons, armor......vastly improved combat.....creative ruin design......A REAL ? PIPBOY.........

? incredible
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    The #1 thing I want from Fallout 4 is improved story, characters, and ESPECIALLY the dialog trees. Fallout 1 & 2 had some of the best, deepest dialog trees ever, Fallout 3's were shallow as ? . I want that Mass Effect/Dragon Age level of interaction with party members. Let us feel camaraderie with someone other than the ? dog for once lol.

no word on party interaction yet but it looks like they did everything else i wanted. dynamic camera during convos and cutscenes

I was copping this first day anyway but now ? christ oh ? i'm not ready

and a free resource management game lol this ? is crazy. And to think Fallout fans were ? when Bethesda bought the rights to Fallout. Saved that franchise from disappearing into the abyss after Interplay went down, ? coulda wound up in the bushes with Descent......ingrate ? need to build a shrine to Bethesda after this.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stared at that pip boy edition too long. Gonna end of pre ordering it. smh. Last quarter gonna ruin my pockets.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did the graphics look updated or nahh?