Middle class thugs

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hell yea

dudes will be soft as hell, but soon as they get in a party and gucci mane come on they throwing sets

lmao... and smh @ ? throwin ? up not knowin what it is....* cough * lil wayne*cough*
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    u a lie... i kno ? who banged hard and went to college..... thats like a ? sayin the military aint got thugs.... u will be suprised.....

my bad I should of said university I'm sure community college and devry got thugs
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the hoes like it
  • damobb2deep
    edited January 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    my bad I should of said university I'm sure community college and devry got thugs

lol now THAT i can see wherre u comin from a lil more..... but how do u feel about hbc's then?
  • Tha Chop
    Tha Chop Banned Users Posts: 559
    edited January 2010
    Options
    funny ass thread
  • S...
    S... Members Posts: 46
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    You'd be foolish to think that a ? would be harmless because his parents had a lil money. After you start 'thuggin' for a while (lets say they started like at 10), that ? becomes you. All that hiphop and ? . Regardless if you got money or not

If you really think if you have to be in poverty to be hard, go ride through Riverdale, GA. It's gotten out of hand over there, last I heard

/thread

Same about Sacramento, California.
    You would think that ? is soft because of the nice houses and ? but people really do get shot all the time.
    People came from Oakland, LA, all those hoods and moved to Sacramento.
    It's getting really out of hand.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Middle class thugs= wannabes
  • damobb2deep
    edited January 2010
    Options
    S... wrote: »
    /thread

Same about Sacramento, California.
    You would think that ? is soft because of the nice houses and ? but people really do get shot all the time.
    People came from Oakland, LA, all those hoods and moved to Sacramento.
    It's getting really out of hand.

i went 2 sacramento 1 year my cuzins stay out therre... when was @ a mall and we was talkin... she said" we in the hood rite now" im like "huh? this ? look like the strait burbs"
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They are far more numerous than you would ever expect. The problem is that due to a lack of role models and pervasive images in the media, "thuggish" behavior is vastly connected with the idea/identity of being a Black male in America (believing this is how a black man is "supposed" to act). . I've known ? who lived great and got everything they ever wanted or needed, and still wanted to indulge in street ? like selling drugs and carrying a strap (in an area where murders and robberies hardly ever happen).

This is really why black women are leaving black men behind.

Is you ask me, I find this very alarming. I mean I'm pretty sure many of these parents went through hell to get where they are, but their kids aren't taking advantage of what they have. How will the black race ever progress?

And does anybody want to tell me that rap has nothing to do with the idea that if you're a black male you have to be hard? That is why I reject rap. As far as I am concerned, I have an obligation to my race to do so.
  • freshfromatl
    freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
    edited January 2010
    Options
    These type of niccas are a disgrace to humanity.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    people will do whater to fit in or be percieved as cool.. trappin and banging is cool so....
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The real thugs are the rich educated ones
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thugs aren't all poor/dumb/illiterate... That's a stereotype. Many of the Crip and Blood sets in L.A. are in middle class neighborhoods but the ? are wild as fucc. Maybe because it's a culture out here in opposed to it being a fad/trend elsewhere but middle class thugs can be some of the most evil muthafuccaz you could come across. They can come off just as hard or even harder than lower class/poor/illiterate thugs
  • allreasoned_out
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    Thugs aren't all poor/dumb/illiterate... That's a stereotype. Many of the Crip and Blood sets in L.A. are in middle class neighborhoods but the ? are wild as fucc. Maybe because it's a culture out here in opposed to it being a fad/trend elsewhere but middle class thugs can be some of the most evil muthafuccaz you could come across. They can come off just as hard or even harder than lower class/poor/illiterate thugs

I can see why that might be true. Because they are middle class, they face skepticism about how hard they really are. And so they have to go above and beyond to show that they really are thuggish, whereas others might be able to depend more on the reputation of their hood.

The problem is that these dudes shouldn't have bought into the idea that being hard is a good thing in the first place. That's a product of a history of oppression.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited January 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    people will do whater to fit in or be percieved as cool.. trappin and banging is cool so....

Sadly, most will. That's why we urgently need to change what is considered 'cool'.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pure foolishness.....

nobody saying just because a dude is middle class or from the burbs, he's automatically soft

it's just real thugs do it cause they have to, not because it's cool

no matter how much "you get down", you still won't have the same experience and intestinal fortitude as a poor ? if you never knew what it was like to miss a meal, or to have to choose life or death in a situation

this is why people got the def of thug twisted, because now it's a fad

I remember when females wouldn't want anything seriously with you because you were thuggin, all they would give is ?

now chicks are getting into relationships with thugs, and middle class ? want to be bloods and crips instead doctors and lawyers

I used to be envious of middle class mofos growing up, now it's like they want to struggle on purpose just to seem certified SMH
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol i dont think its to be cool i see it more about money why work for a week and make 400 when u can make it in a night
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    most of those ? be ? anyway, they talk all that hard ? in the car, talking bout what they will do in this situation and that, until they get in a situations and they ? up.....YOU AINT NO REAL ? !!!!!!!!!!!
  • allreasoned_out
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    most of those ? be ? anyway, they talk all that hard ? in the car, talking bout what they will do in this situation and that, until they get in a situations and they ? up.....YOU AINT NO REAL ? !!!!!!!!!!!

What you're doing here is reinforcing the idea that being a 'real ? ' (in the sense of being hard) is a good thing. That just has the effect of making middle class dudes want to be 'real ? ', with predictably bad results for blacks.

We need to forget about that foolishness and start promoting what is the truth, which is that there is nothing wrong with being a '? ? '.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What you're doing here is reinforcing the idea that being a 'real ? ' (in the sense of being hard) is a good thing. That just has the effect of making middle class dudes want to be 'real ? ', with predictably bad results for blacks.

We need to forget about that foolishness and start promoting what is the truth, which is that there is nothing wrong with being a '? ? '.

IDK about advocating to be a "? ? " per se, but we def got to ? the hypermasculinity BS out

that ? is killing Black males more than anything else SMH
  • Plop Star
    edited January 2010
    Options

to me a real ? aint a thug, its just a person thats true to themselves, i would call Obama a real ? but he probably would like to be called a real african. i wouldnt want to be a ? ? , i wouldnt want to be a ? .
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to me a real ? aint a thug, its just a person thats true to themselves, i would call Obama a real ? but he probably would like to be called a real african. i wouldnt want to be a ? ? , i wouldnt want to be a ? .

cosign everything above
  • S...
    S... Members Posts: 46
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i went 2 sacramento 1 year my cuzins stay out therre... when was @ a mall and we was talkin... she said" we in the hood rite now" im like "huh? this ? look like the strait burbs"
    2 years ago a man and his infant son got killed during a home invasion by some X4 ? .
    Last year a pregnant woman got killed in front of her moms house by Tiny Raskals.
    There's shootings and drug dealing all over the 916 I seen it with my own eyes.
    Alot of ? happens in middle-class neighborhoods, you got Gutta, Zilla, NHGC, SSL, TRG, GBC, OPB, FAB, and more all in Sacramento and these ? put in work.
    It's nowhere near the suburbs.
    And i'm just talking about the city of Sacramento not the county.
    Like AJ said it really doesn't matter where you are because there are thugs everywhere.
    So don't be so quick to underestimate people.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited January 2010
    Options

However you personally define 'real ? ' is beside the point. (Though I must say that some people will say they define it one way, but don't really use it that way.) The main point is that there is this pervasive idea that if you're a black male you have to be hard.This isn't helping blacks.
  • Plop Star
    edited January 2010
    Options
    However you personally define 'real ? ' is beside the point. (Though I must say that some people will say they define it one way, but don't really use it that way.) The main point is that there is this pervasive idea that if you're a black male you have to be hard.This isn't helping blacks.

? should start thinking for themselves. if you grow up middle class, what the ? you got to be hard for? I can understand why ? in the hood hard but thats just because you got to be or that ? gonna eat you alive.