Can anybody explain to me what those damn bright spots on dwarf planet Ceres are???

Options
blackamerica
blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in The Social Lounge
dawnceresclose.jpg
[img]http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/external?url=http://videomam.news.com.au.s3.amazonaws.com/generated/? /05/06/2015/38585/image1024x768.jpg?count=1&width=650&api_key=kq7wnrk4eun47vz9c5xuj3mc[/img]
298389D800000578-0-image-a-28_1433953789142.jpg
Scientist been trying to conjure up every explanation but they sounding really silly right now. Ice? Salt minerals? From looking at the pics, I aint buying that ? smh. The top pic is the closest one. Here's on article

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3118521/Can-solve-mystery-bright-spots-Ceres-Latest-images-reveal-phenomena-best-yet.html

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Ice? Salt minerals? From looking at the pics, I aint buying that ? smh.
    why?
    seems as reasonable as anything considering the lack of info

• blackamerica
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    reasonable as anything considering the lack of info
    Reasonable, considering the lack of info? Or NASA has no idea wtf it is and is thinking if things to feed the public
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Intergalactic ? rocks

I dropped the weed I'm rolling laughing at this lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    reasonable as anything considering the lack of info
    Reasonable, considering the lack of info? Or NASA has no idea wtf it is and is thinking if things to feed the public

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be shocked if it's some kind of alien life setting something up there. I highly doubt ice or minerals can shine that brightly from a planet. After NASA admitting alien life is likely in the universe and it may even be discovered outright in 10 or 20 years, I'm leaning toward aliens doing something there. Those are some VERY bright lights....
  • blackamerica
    Options
    In all seriousness, I wouldn't be shocked if it's some kind of alien life setting something up there. I highly doubt ice or minerals can shine that brightly from a planet. After NASA admitting alien life is likely in the universe and it may even be discovered outright in 10 or 20 years, I'm leaning toward aliens doing something there. Those are some VERY bright lights....
    Exactly. Just looking at the pics, ain't no way minerals shine that bright. It looks alien in nature. I could be wrong, but if NASA still doesn't have a explanation then I'm sticking to my guns and saying this a signal from a alien species.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your first explanation for something should never be aliens. Foh that light could be caused by much more plausible things
  • blackamerica
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Your first explanation for something should never be aliens. Foh that light could be caused by much more plausible things
    The first thought going into a dwarf ALIEN planet shouldn't be aliens?? So we should just wait until NASA to tell you what they think it is?
  • 507fliped
    507fliped Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't want to sound all weird & all but I would say da lights is maybe a small city. It kinda look like how earth's lights look from space. Just a thought
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Exactly. Just looking at the pics, ain't no way minerals shine that bright. It looks alien in nature. I could be wrong, but if NASA still doesn't have a explanation then I'm sticking to my guns and saying this a signal from a alien species.

Anything is possible. What kind of signal you think they're trying to give though?
  • blackamerica
    Options
    Anything is possible. What kind of signal you think they're trying to give though?
    We are here

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    We are here

I hope they visit Earth publicly in our lifetime, just to see what they look like. Hopefully they're not the Independence Day type. If we lucky, they'll try to help us humans out.
  • janklow
    Options
    it's not like there's info supporting "it's alien life." so yes, this remains the most reasonable theory since we can't confirm it.
    The first thought going into a dwarf ALIEN planet shouldn't be aliens?? So we should just wait until NASA to tell you what they think it is?
    remember the whole "? FACE ON MARS" thing?
    yeah...
  • blackamerica
    Options
    I hope they visit Earth publicly in our lifetime, just to see what they look like. Hopefully they're not the Independence Day type. If we lucky, they'll try to help us humans out.
    The terrible thing is it'll take a huge event for the government to admit alien life exists. If they hypothetically discovered life on Ceres you better believe they ain't gonna tell us
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are here

absolutely not…absolutely not. If they visit us it'll be like Columbus when landed in the Americas as far as the technological differences…

if they have any nature similar to humans then the outcome will probably be similar as well.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    a poppin ass party or maybe its shopped
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    We are here

absolutely not…absolutely not. If they visit us it'll be like Columbus when landed in the Americas as far as the technological differences…

if they have any nature similar to humans then the outcome will probably be similar as well.

According to many ancient cultures, some aliens are definitely bad so I understand where you coming from. Some were slavers and worse.

But a lot of the ancient cultures also said some of them aren't bad and that they gave humans lots of helpful knowledge, so I would HOPE those are the ones that would come by again. If it's only gonna be bad aliens coming around, they can stay wherever they are.

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    it's not like there's info supporting "it's alien life." so yes, this remains the most reasonable theory since we can't confirm it.
    remember the whole "? FACE ON MARS" thing?
    yeah...

I hear what you saying but almost every ancient culture speaks of other beings coming down to Earth at one point, from Aztecs to the Dagoon tribe to ancient Chinese and Europeans. They gotta live SOMEWHERE.

I don't think all this is far fetched but I admit we don't know for sure in the case of Ceres.
  • janklow
    Options
    I hear what you saying but almost every ancient culture speaks of other beings coming down to Earth at one point, from Aztecs to the Dagoon tribe to ancient Chinese and Europeans.
    side note: this is not proof of alien life

topically:
    They gotta live SOMEWHERE.
    IF they actually exist. and then we get into the fact that Mars would be mysteriously close and ? for a planet with alien life. and this, in turn, isn't really supporting the photo in question.

topically:
    I don't think all this is far fetched but I admit we don't know for sure in the case of Ceres.
    obviously, we can say "since we don't know what it is, it could be (blank)." i think it's more about saying what's most likely at this point, is all.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I hear what you saying but almost every ancient culture speaks of other beings coming down to Earth at one point, from Aztecs to the Dagoon tribe to ancient Chinese and Europeans.
    side note: this is not proof of alien life

topically:
    They gotta live SOMEWHERE.
    IF they actually exist. and then we get into the fact that Mars would be mysteriously close and ? for a planet with alien life. and this, in turn, isn't really supporting the photo in question.

topically:
    obviously, we can say "since we don't know what it is, it could be (blank)." i think it's more about saying what's most likely at this point, is all.

Time will tell in the end, I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if it is alien life setting something up there, considering what NASA said a few months ago.
  • zzombie
    Options
    alien life that is advanced enough to come to earth would have no reason to come here other than to experiment on us
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    alien life that is advanced enough to come to earth would have no reason to come here other than to experiment on us

We don't know that for sure, some aliens probably would but no one can say all of them would
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think it more like when one of us travels to Africa or some ? and observe animals in the wild.

"I travelled 20000 miles to get here and see some wildlife and this hyena ain't do ? but lick his ? for the past hour. Coulda stayed at home with my own dog for this ? ..."
  • blackamerica
    Options
    Time will tell in the end, I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if it is alien life setting something up there, considering what NASA said a few months ago.
    The reason I say its gotta be something is because NASA doesn't even have a ? theory they can conjure up. Salt? Minerals? Gtfoh. You telling me salt can be seen that bright from space now? NASA is too proud to just say "we don't quite know what this ? is". They are probably just as clueless as we are
  • zzombie
    Options
    The reason I say its gotta be something is because NASA doesn't even have a ? theory they can conjure up. Salt? Minerals? Gtfoh. You telling me salt can be seen that bright from space now? NASA is too proud to just say "we don't quite know what this ? is". They are probably just as clueless as we are

Why is a large deposit of salt or some other mineral or metal a ? theory??? we can see ice from earth maybe it;s a volcano of molten silver.