Do you think that America is run by a Dictatorship? The Clinton's and The Bush's

1235»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell that to the Republicans, I wouldn't want either to win. Jeb Bush's history still scares me most because his values mirror Dubya too much, and we all remember where that went.

A huge amount of debt created to finance losing wars, which Obama has slowed down but not enough. Jeb Bush would make it worse again, valuing Dubya's advice is not a good look at all.
  • kingblaze84
    With Puerto Rico going bankrupt, we see what can happen when a nation has too much debt. America owes 18 trillion, we better hope our reserve currency status continues for a long time.

Greece is another example of too much debt. Hopefully Jeb and Hilary understand that if they decide to wage another costly war adventure somewhere. Especially as Iran isn't going to listen to America's demands for the nuclear deal. Iran is not afraid of war.
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    If y'all can't see the similarities between The Third ? and The Bush's then y'all blind. U must think Webster was a 7ft. Giant
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Tell that to the Republicans, I wouldn't want either to win.
    so, you know there is a difference between "i prefer neither" and "Trump > Jeb," right?
    also, not sure what i am telling to the Republicans, but as i have literally linked you to in this thread, Trump has incredible negatives AMONG REPUBLICANS.
    Jeb Bush's history still scares me most because his values mirror Dubya too much, and we all remember where that went.
    so the problem with this argument is that Jeb's history shouldn't scare you if your concern is W because, well, Jeb hasn't been president yet. and i find it really unlikely we're going to see a cobbled-together argument that his time as governor mirrors W's as president in some way.
    Jeb Bush would make it worse again, valuing Dubya's advice is not a good look at all.
    at this point, i think you're too locked in on this "values W's advice" thing NEVER meaning ANYTHING other than this one idea you have to actually discuss the pros and cons of Jeb.
    Especially as Iran isn't going to listen to America's demands for the nuclear deal. Iran is not afraid of war.
    uh... Iran is LITERALLY listening to American demands right now. we're definitely having an issue with words today.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    janklow wrote: »
    Tell that to the Republicans, I wouldn't want either to win.
    so, you know there is a difference between "i prefer neither" and "Trump > Jeb," right?
    also, not sure what i am telling to the Republicans, but as i have literally linked you to in this thread, Trump has incredible negatives AMONG REPUBLICANS.
    Jeb Bush's history still scares me most because his values mirror Dubya too much, and we all remember where that went.
    so the problem with this argument is that Jeb's history shouldn't scare you if your concern is W because, well, Jeb hasn't been president yet. and i find it really unlikely we're going to see a cobbled-together argument that his time as governor mirrors W's as president in some way.
    Jeb Bush would make it worse again, valuing Dubya's advice is not a good look at all.
    at this point, i think you're too locked in on this "values W's advice" thing NEVER meaning ANYTHING other than this one idea you have to actually discuss the pros and cons of Jeb.
    Especially as Iran isn't going to listen to America's demands for the nuclear deal. Iran is not afraid of war.
    uh... Iran is LITERALLY listening to American demands right now. we're definitely having an issue with words today.

Iran isn't going to abide by some of America's nuclear demands, better? I wonder how some of the candidates will react to Iran not abiding by American demands. Jeb seems too close to Netanyahu on several issues, including Iran and that's also terrible.

As far as his cons and pros, his past words have left a big enough impression for me. He said he would have invaded Iraq, even knowing what we know now. That's enough for me. He took it back, but I will never trust his foolish judgment. Anyone who defends a man who has said such words may be ? ? themselves. Then again, I know how much of America rolls.

• JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oligarchy is a good way to describe US politics, but Plutocracy fits as well. a lot of foreign policy decisions are made in order to open markets in other countries for western business interests.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Oligarchy is a good way to describe US politics, but Plutocracy fits as well. a lot of foreign policy decisions are made in order to open markets in other countries for western business interests.

But ultimately who's in control of these decisions and who do they benefit. It's perfectly normal to have control and have friends and business partners at the same time
  • janklow
    Iran isn't going to abide by some of America's nuclear demands, better? I wonder how some of the candidates will react to Iran not abiding by American demands. Jeb seems too close to Netanyahu on several issues, including Iran and that's also terrible.
    well, the question is, will they not abide by an AGREEMENT or are they going to settle for something that's not the US's current request?
    As far as his cons and pros, his past words have left a big enough impression for me. He said he would have invaded Iraq, even knowing what we know now. That's enough for me. He took it back-
    well, he ? up the question; IIRC he answered initially as if it was "would you have invaded in 2003 at the time" as opposed to "knowing what we know now, would you have invaded."

so either he's lying about ? up the question (possible) or your complain should be more nuanced (as in, you could fairly have been opposed to the war in 2003 knowing only what we knew in 2003).

but frankly, if you said "this answer is why i don't like Bush," i don't think we'd be debating it, because agree or not, i think THAT is a legit reason to base a choice on.
    Anyone who defends a man who has said such words may be ? ? themselves.
    is that what i am actually doing? or am i more taking issue with the concept that your entire objection to Jeb was "? he didn't immediately attack his brother!!!"
    then again, you seem to think Trump > Bush, so you've thrown yourself under the bus repeatedly on that score.
  • kingblaze84
    janklow wrote: »
    well, the question is, will they not abide by an AGREEMENT or are they going to settle for something that's not the US's current request?
    As far as his cons and pros, his past words have left a big enough impression for me. He said he would have invaded Iraq, even knowing what we know now. That's enough for me. He took it back-
    well, he ? up the question; IIRC he answered initially as if it was "would you have invaded in 2003 at the time" as opposed to "knowing what we know now, would you have invaded."

so either he's lying about ? up the question (possible) or your complain should be more nuanced (as in, you could fairly have been opposed to the war in 2003 knowing only what we knew in 2003).

but frankly, if you said "this answer is why i don't like Bush," i don't think we'd be debating it, because agree or not, i think THAT is a legit reason to base a choice on.
    Anyone who defends a man who has said such words may be ? ? themselves.
    is that what i am actually doing? or am i more taking issue with the concept that your entire objection to Jeb was "? he didn't immediately attack his brother!!!"
    then again, you seem to think Trump > Bush, so you've thrown yourself under the bus repeatedly on that score.

On Iran, I don't see them agreeing to all of America's demands. I personally don't see an agreement coming either.

As far as Jeb Bush is concerned, ? HIM and all his supporters. Trump isn't great but at least he hasn't said he'd value George W Bush's advice. I'll leave it at that.
  • janklow
    On Iran, I don't see them agreeing to all of America's demands. I personally don't see an agreement coming either.
    fair enough. i would submit they're likely to comply with a deal they agree to... but yeah, i could see it not happening.
    As far as Jeb Bush is concerned, ? HIM and all his supporters. Trump isn't great but at least he hasn't said he'd value George W Bush's advice. I'll leave it at that.
    do you want to compare what Trump said about Mexicans to what Bush said about Mexicans to understand why this "Trump > Bush" position is 100% ? ? stop doubling-down on this garbage and reenter the world of talking about politics legitimately.

here's a flaw you're overlooking: you're yelling "? Jeb Bush supporters" in response to "Jeb is a real candidate and Trump is not" and "you're too mad about a bad reason to hate on Jeb." did you miss the fact that i am not acting a Jeb Bush supporter the first time i said it?