• Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bonzi Mufuking Wells.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I know Drazen got inducted but he was well on his way to being an NBA star before his death.

petrovic_retired_num.jpg

PEJA%20SHOOTING.JPG

vlade-divac.jpg

39dd3fcbc12c6d298797b0f665347835o.jpg

• grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lin Bias will always have a special place in my early basketball memories despite him never playing in the league. Robert Horry & TMac kept me entertained. Stevie Franchise too during his Rockets days.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know Drazen got inducted but he was well on his way to being an NBA star before his death.

petrovic_retired_num.jpg

PEJA%20SHOOTING.JPG

vlade-divac.jpg

39dd3fcbc12c6d298797b0f665347835o.jpg

Speaking of drazen he played with Portland before new Jersey... those Portland teams were so talented
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Drazen was barely entering his prime and on his way to being an all time shooter when he died. He was rumored to be leaving the NBA all together to go to Greece in that off season too.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Michael Finley
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nick was a magician with the rock

Van_Exel_.jpg?resize=630%2C354

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drazen was barely entering his prime and on his way to being an all time shooter when he died. He was rumored to be leaving the NBA all together to go to Greece in that off season too.

I never heard the rumor of him leaving the NBA to go to Greece. Once he got to Jersey he actually got playing Time and was on his way to become a star. He was putting up numbers with the Nets

Portland didn't give the guy any run but it was kind of understandable playing behind Drexler
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

One of my all time favs
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »

One of my all time favs

https://youtu.be/iIOHzrJgipg

This mix is so cold
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still mad that DJ (Dennis Johnson) got in the HOF after he passed on.

Also i've always been glad to see Van Exel and Jason Williams do their thing
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    One of the most underrated players of his era. I could go on and on about his game. Very solid defensively, many offensive tools, especially before his athletic ability left him. Always had a very high release that I loved, and felt like should have been unstoppable. Was all of these things and kept it trill. Plus, this ? was a character lol, evidenced below. I don't know when he'll up for the hall, or if he is already, but i'd like to see him go, might be a long shot though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5L_QkUZ-3s

Sheed held it down but he ain't going to the hall.

It's a long shot for Billups to even get in and career wise Chauncey>>>>> Sheed
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ether44mag
    Options
  • Ether44mag
    Options
    One of the most underrated players of his era. I could go on and on about his game. Very solid defensively, many offensive tools, especially before his athletic ability left him. Always had a very high release that I loved, and felt like should have been unstoppable. Was all of these things and kept it trill. Plus, this ? was a character lol, evidenced below. I don't know when he'll up for the hall, or if he is already, but i'd like to see him go, might be a long shot though.

I think their careers and numbers are pretty much similar I dont see why chauncey had a much better career than Sheed like you say ,I think Chauncey is overrated a little he was never a good passer and a very poor fg% he was just a good leader and was clutch when it counted for a couple of years in detroit thats pretty much it
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

I think their careers and numbers are pretty much similar I dont see why chauncey had a much better career than Sheed like you say ,I think Chauncey is overrated a little he was never a good passer and a very poor fg% he was just a good leader and was clutch when it counted for a couple of years in detroit thats pretty much it

Chauncey was never great but he had a slightly better career than Sheed.

NBA Champion
    5x All Star
    Finals MVP
    1x All NBA 2nd Team
    2x All NBA 3rd Team
    2x All Defense 2nd Team

That year when he went to with the WCF with Denver he was ballin.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

Might have said it earlier in this thread but sheed was an underachiever with his ridiculous skill set it's no reason he only averaged 20ppg once in his career. Good career but not HOF IMO
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Ether44mag
    Options

Might have said it earlier in this thread but sheed was an underachiever with his ridiculous skill set it's no reason he only averaged 20ppg once in his career. Good career but not HOF IMO[/quote]

Its because he always played in good teams that had lots of scorers