Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    anyone come across cauldrons?

Yep, finished them all yesterday. When you can control a Thunderjaw, Ravanger and Sawmouth permanently and make them fight for you is great. I might have done like 5-6 main missions. Those side missions will take you all around Robin Hood's barn. ? those Rockbreakers tho.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm level 18 and the T. rex looking machine so strong smh kept dying I'll fight t later

The thunder jaw is like lv 27 but don't sleep. Can still give trouble even at 35+. Main thing is to knock off his weapon and tie his ? ass down and ? him up. First time I fought him was like 27 and was tough as ? lol.

Ya, bodied all of em already.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    These death scenes and phony af tho. ? is on par with Talia dying in the Dark Knight Rises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PWJD_uCkK8
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope ass game, gameplay on point...

Does a good job of keeping me interested in the story and side quest's...

The beasts are fantastic, so far living up to the hype and expectations for me...
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool game. Story takes a hit as the characters animations are too bland with the dialogue. Like watching a robot give an exposition ar times, hard to get into the story with that. The lip syncing seems off at times as well.

I think this game being a combination of everything we like about open world games is a sign. A sign that we need more innovation with this genre of games. It's time for a dev to get bold and next this ? to another level. Monolith seems to be doing that with Shadow Of War.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen the rockerbreakers once, steered clear of them, I'm barely lvl 16 I think
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Game was an easy Plat. Cool story, great gameplay; Definitely got my money's worth doing all the missions (main and side quests). At the same time, it's not worth a second playthrough to me. Until you get the the Unlimited Fast Travel kit, the map is too damn big to be exploring all over again.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Map traversal is one of the few flaws in the game...

So far Striders are the only "vehicle", don't know if that changes...

The walk to Meridian is ridiculous...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    lol it was ridiculous and set me back cuz I tried to killed that bird machine then got killed by some others lost a lot of resources lol
  • kzzl
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Far into the game now. I gotta say ? picks up and I'm now genuinely interested. Kinda deep even.

One thing im finding unimmersive is how well everybody speaks proper English. The devs didn't bother with giving the world it's own language for good reasons, I'm sure. But it would of been a nice little touch for the game.

Hey, that NW region of the map goes HAM. I was running like a ? trying to get through the there.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

Override a broad head. Nothing wrong with map traversal at all. You got to know how to move through the world. I am in the desert but haven't went to Meridian yet but a mount will be needed.

People beat it already yet I am over 30 hours in and just having fun. I want to get that ancient armor before I finish.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Cool game. Story takes a hit as the characters animations are too bland with the dialogue. Like watching a robot give an exposition ar times, hard to get into the story with that. The lip syncing seems off at times as well.

I think this game being a combination of everything we like about open world games is a sign. A sign that we need more innovation with this genre of games. It's time for a dev to get bold and next this ? to another level. Monolith seems to be doing that with Shadow Of War.

It's much better than TW3, Fallout or Elder Scrolls. You mention Shadow of War but Shadow of Mordor had a bland world with nothing it it and repetitive combat. I doubt Shadow of War will innovate anything as it just rips off Batman and Assassin's Creed unsuccessfully. Horzion has better combat than Shadow of Mordor or any game similar before it. From a control and combat standpoint it is on a much higher level. You sound like you are nitpicking when most games outside of The Last of Us or Uncharted have that robotic feeling. Just look at Mass Effect. The game isn't perfect, but it has raised the bar for open world games. GTA has terrible controls, but no one says anything. Also Shadow of Mordor/War does not have conversations and all dialog is through cut scenes or characters talking freely without zooming in on their faces. Why would characters need their own language when the game takes place in Colorado? LOL!
  • VIBE
    Options
    Far into the game now. I gotta say ? picks up and I'm now genuinely interested. Kinda deep even.

One thing im finding unimmersive is how well everybody speaks proper English. The devs didn't bother with giving the world it's own language for good reasons, I'm sure. But it would of been a nice little touch for the game.

Hey, that NW region of the map goes HAM. I was running like a ? trying to get through the there.

that Elizabet chick said they left ? behind to teach ppl abt their civilization, and since they're "gods" to these ppl, they mimick their language..

I assume..
  • VIBE
    Options
    also, these machines need to drop better loot, defeated a storm bird for the first time and I don't think the loot was worthy of the battle and resources I used
  • VIBE
    Options
    Wish this was more indepth. Had much more potential.
  • kzzl
    Options

It's much better than TW3, Fallout or Elder Scrolls. You mention Shadow of War but Shadow of Mordor had a bland world with nothing it it and repetitive combat. I doubt Shadow of War will innovate anything as it just rips off Batman and Assassin's Creed unsuccessfully. Horzion has better combat than Shadow of Mordor or any game similar before it. From a control and combat standpoint it is on a much higher level. You sound like you are nitpicking when most games outside of The Last of Us or Uncharted have that robotic feeling. Just look at Mass Effect. The game isn't perfect, but it has raised the bar for open world games. GTA has terrible controls, but no one says anything. Also Shadow of Mordor/War does not have conversations and all dialog is through cut scenes or characters talking freely without zooming in on their faces. Why would characters need their own language when the game takes place in Colorado? LOL!

Oh, I nitpick the hell outta videogames. Guilty as charged on that.

I give Monolith those props for its nemesis system. It's the newest thing since Kojimas expanded AI in stealth games.

Horizon combat is best for what its trying to do in the hunter niche but that's it. Outside of that, Phantom Pain controls alone would ? on this. I love how fluidly you're able to move in that game.

Horizons biggest selling point is that it's lore is original. It's holding up because the gameplay does everything it's suppose to do. The rope gun is the only new mechanic it brings to the table, but the simplest platforming I've played yet. But despite the stuff i could nitpick, its still worth supporting and playing.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

YET SOOOOO MARVELLOUS !!! THAT GAME IS LIKE FRESH MINT TO ME. THAT WOLRD LIVES, BREATHES!!. Its such a beautifull environment!!!

What a great great surprise!!! Thank you Guerilla games for that game!!! Merci
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    also, these machines need to drop better loot, defeated a storm bird for the first time and I don't think the loot was worthy of the battle and resources I used

Around level 21-22 you can farm the ? out of the tyrannosaurus robot for purple mods and shards

Then (if you've been saving the robot hearts and not selling those) go to a trader and pick up the purple weapons/armors and throw the purple mods in
  • VIBE
    Options
    I have almost all but one of the purple weapons and have one purple outfit that does well against all elements.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    I have almost all but one of the purple weapons and have one purple outfit that does well against all elements.

Once you get the Shield Weaver armor, everything else is irrelevant.
  • ethos
    edited March 2017
    Options

You technically can't get it until the mission or 2 before the final mission tho.. cuz the last piece is in the mountain. By the time I got the armor I already beat like 90% of the game. Just had to do the last 2 corrupt zones and a few side missions I missed. Had a blast playing tho.

I usually rocked stealth gear set with mods 90% of the time til I got that armor.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    ethos wrote: »

You technically can't get it until the mission or 2 before the final mission tho.. cuz the last piece is in the mountain. By the time I got the armor I already beat like 90% of the game. Just had to do the last 2 corrupt zones and a few side missions I missed. Had a blast playing tho.

I usually rocked stealth gear set with mods 90% of the time til I got that armor.

Thankfully, you can't get it until then because it would be cheap af. I wonder if they'll let you use it in the DLC?
  • ethos
    Options

Thankfully, you can't get it until then because it would be cheap af. I wonder if they'll let you use it in the DLC?

Not sure, did they release any plans for it?
  • kzzl
    Options

Not sure, did they release any plans for it?

They've been quiet, but the game keeps getting patches so they might. I never went back to Carja after the end, but I'd reckon there's all kinds of content they could base around that. Fallen religious city with no ruler it is now. Then theres that arena it has. She had dudes trying to holla, maybe go somewhere with that. The whole area needs to rebuild and theirs still the stigma of being from the different regions. Plenty of ? to play off.

I think the sequel is gonna take place in California somewhere, but it should follow Sylus instead of Aloy. We could personally play his descsnt into the relatable villian he'll probably end up being. Then bring Aloy back for the third. Idk, just a thought.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Really Want To Get This Game But Last Time I Went Out On A Limb And Picked Up Something Different I Got Stuck With A Copy Of Fallout 4..Once These MFers Had Me Crafting Chairs And Beds I Was Like MAN GTFOH...? Seemed Like A Chore

I'm Old School I Usually Only Play The Campaign And Then I'm Out..Don't Really Play Online Too Much Unless Its Street Fighter

With That Being Said....Is This ? Like A Hack And Slash Within A Sandbox?

I'm Thinking I Won't Have The Patience For This ? ...That's Why Steered Clear Of The WItcher And Bloodborne Even With The Rave Reviews