Rift between Jimmy Butler and Derrick Rose ????????

Jdilla26
Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in From the Cheap Seats
Knew it had to be somethng.....because Derrick Rose was playing great in the 1st qtr of GM6 vs Cleveland...but only took 4 shots in the 2nd half
Chicago Bulls beat reporter, Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, has confirmed what many fans thought was simply a rumor.

The 2014-15 NBA season ended in shambles for the Bulls, losing three consecutive games to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Game 6 was flat out embarrassing, as the Bulls quit in front of their home fans losing 94-73 showing no fight as their season ended in disappointing fashion. 670 The Score’s Dan Bernstein wrote about the tension between Jimmy Butler and Derrick Rose that reared its ugly head during game 6 against Cleveland.

Almost everyone refuted that allegation by Bernstein, but now Cowley has echoed the same report according to his sources.

The following is from Cowley’s story on Thursday.
Former head coach Tom Thibodeau, as well as his staff, privately had their concerns about Butler and Rose co-existing back in training camp because of their alpha male personalities. And by midseason, tired of seeing the likes of Rose and Joakim Noah get to sit out practices and certain drills under the care of director of sports performance, Jen Swanson, Butler, and to a certain extent Pau Gasol, had some building animosity, according to multiple sources.

That was on full display by Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, in which Butler stopped looking Rose’s way when given the ball, and Rose seemed to fade into being an angry bystander.

Cowley noticed the tension between Rose and Butler during the first round of the playoffs against the Milwaukee Bucks.

That coincides with what Bernstein said last month.
It looked strange when wing Jimmy Butler kept flashing to Rose’s side of the floor, calling for the ball, as the Bulls’ offense was drying up. Rose was all too happy to oblige instead of waving Butler off and taking charge, either resetting the called play or taking his man – often the undrafted Matthew Dellavedova – hard to the rim for at least a likely foul.

Sources describe a passive-aggressive reaction from Rose that was the culmination of tensions building in recent weeks with Butler’s emergence as a primary scorer.
To many Bulls’ observers, Butler may come off as a humble guy just trying to go along minding his own business but in reality he does have an alpha male personality and that has clashed with Rose.
Jimmy Butler’s heart is still in Tomball, Texas – population 11,000 and change.

Everything else about the Bulls two-guard? That went Hollywood sometime back in the 2013-14 season when he started a friendship with actor Mark Wahlberg, and soon after started realizing that the idea he was simply playing on Derrick Rose’s team was not an image he was willing to embrace.

Butler doesn’t view himself as the No. 2 guy on the Bulls. Butler sees himself as a star. That now leads to his contract situation, which doesn’t seem all that simple as several thought heading into the offseason.

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that baron davis got beef with Elton brand because he told him to come play with him on the clippers but after baron signed, Elton dipped
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bulls fans, if one has to go which one ya'll riding with?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

Riding with Buckets based off Rose injury history

But they both 2 of my favorite players. Hope it works out and they play together nxt year
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bulls would be smart to trade him before he gets hurt again imo whether this is true or not
  • MaddRapper
    MaddRapper Members Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
    Couldnt see why they couldnt play together......Butler is very good player but dont think he is a #1 player....Rose showed promise in the playoffs he had some great games except for the last game vs CLE where it looks like he didnt give a ? but I see why now.......Basically telling Butler if you think you can be the man well be the man... I guess that didnt work out so well
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    I heard that baron davis got beef with Elton brand because he told him to come play with him on the clippers but after baron signed, Elton dipped

Lol. Damn i forgot about that story.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bulls would be smart to trade him before he gets hurt again imo whether this is true or not

That's what I been sayin but 9tray wanna keep rose over butler lol what?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

Disclaimer, I am not a Bulls Fan...

But the choice is clear to me. Butler seems as though he is a harder worker, is much more durable, better defensively, a better jump shooter, better in the post, and is already an All Star.

If D Rose was not injury prone, he could have been a Hall Of Famer... But as it stands you have no idea how many games you will get out of him.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy Butler isn't a number one option yet. Buddy jumping the gun for real. If he thinks he is, he needs to go ahead and make that move to LA and take the 2 spot from Kobe and be the man there. Pretty bright lights for a ? that looks so ? passive aggressive on the court. We'll see!
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »

That's what I been sayin but 9tray wanna keep rose over butler lol what?

I'd still Sign & Trade Jimmy Butler, my stance ain't changed, & it won't change
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that thinks Butler is better suited as a SF rather than a SG?
  • S2J

Bingo. Been saying this for years regarding their team in general .

What do they do? Continue to get bigger, as the league gets smaller

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »

How many legit contenders are playing small ball? And was Jimmy Butler playing the 2 really the Bulls problem? Defensively he's guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player so what does that change really? Unless you're talking about Jimmy playing the 4 then what the ? does he have to do with the Bulls getting bigger? Unless you got the greatest player on the planet you're not winning a ship without size
  • S2J
    edited June 2015
    S2J wrote: »

How many legit contenders are playing small ball? And was Jimmy Butler playing the 2 really the Bulls problem? Defensively he's guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player so what does that change really? Unless you're talking about Jimmy playing the 4 then what the ? does he have to do with the Bulls getting bigger? Unless you got the greatest player on the planet you're not winning a ship without size

Thats all wonderful, it really is, but Joakim Noah, Pao Gasol, Taj Gibson, Mike Dunleavy, Nikola Mirotic, Doug Mcdermott. Over half your main rotation 6'9 and up is not winning a title. Period point blank.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sarcastic "you late" comments always get me lmao.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weren't most of the Warriors under 6'9?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Jimmy
    if u a baller n u wanna remain a baller who get touches
    n U dont want an injury prone allstar, hogging the ball, shooting shots all in the videOz
    come play in newyork