Rift between Jimmy Butler and Derrick Rose ????????

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Butler is better suited as a SF rather than a SG?

Bingo. Been saying this for years regarding their team in general .

What do they do? Continue to get bigger, as the league gets smaller

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

How many legit contenders are playing small ball? And was Jimmy Butler playing the 2 really the Bulls problem? Defensively he's guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player so what does that change really? Unless you're talking about Jimmy playing the 4 then what the ? does he have to do with the Bulls getting bigger? Unless you got the greatest player on the planet you're not winning a ship without size

Thats all wonderful, it really is, but Joakim Noah, Pao Gasol, Taj Gibson, Mike Dunleavy, Nikola Mirotic, Doug Mcdermott. Over half your main rotation 6'9 and up is not winning a title. Period point blank.
    tumblr_m14tmtEv061r92ldso1_400.gif
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realtalk Jimmy started feeling hisself and got exposed in Game 6. It's still D.Rose Allday Buckets cool and all but I'm not banking my future on him period.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you banking on an injury prone pg who can't shoot but act like he's Kyle Korver from deep
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    Jimmy
    if u a baller n u wanna remain a baller who get touches
    n U dont want an injury prone allstar, hogging the ball, shooting shots all in the videOz
    come play in newyork

Would be funny maybe if melo wasnt coming off of injury and wasn't literally a hog himself
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    Jimmy
    if u a baller n u wanna remain a baller who get touches
    n U dont want an injury prone allstar, hogging the ball, shooting shots all in the videOz
    come play in newyork

Would be funny maybe if melo wasnt coming off of injury and wasn't literally a hog himself

Hes not injury prone and as you can see from what happened in clv

His supporting cast couldnt shoot ir didnt want to
  • WhoisDonG???
    So you banking on an injury prone pg who can't shoot but act like he's Kyle Korver from deep

Yes because when he not hurt he one of the best players in the game period. Jimmy Butler a good option 2 or 3 but he not a star player that will take you to the promise land.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snell could be a good as Butler. With that said....I want to keep Jimmy
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6'9 and NOT mobile, btw Not like they have some Odoms and Draymond
    R.D. wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Butler is better suited as a SF rather than a SG?

Bingo. Been saying this for years regarding their team in general .

What do they do? Continue to get bigger, as the league gets smaller

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

How many legit contenders are playing small ball? And was Jimmy Butler playing the 2 really the Bulls problem? Defensively he's guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player so what does that change really? Unless you're talking about Jimmy playing the 4 then what the ? does he have to do with the Bulls getting bigger? Unless you got the greatest player on the planet you're not winning a ship without size

Thats all wonderful, it really is, but Joakim Noah, Pao Gasol, Taj Gibson, Mike Dunleavy, Nikola Mirotic, Doug Mcdermott. Over half your main rotation 6'9 and up is not winning a title. Period point blank.

This is one of the stupidest things I've read on here

Thats cute. As usual, no one will combat what i say with knowledge , bc you're not built .

Across the board 4s are sliding to 5s, 3s to 4s, 2s to 3s.

UNLESS your 6'9 n up guys are playmakers (odom, diaw, draymond although only 6'7) you're too stiff and not versatile enough. But as with everything, lets just let it play out , im right, I'll bump this, then you can pretend you never said it.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »
    I heard Shaq and Kobe were arguing in practice this week. Prolly no big deal tho.
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Yall heard Mike punched Kerr?
    Magic Johnson suppose to be on the news today some big announcement. ....

^^^why i love the IC
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Snell could be a good as Butler. With that said....I want to keep Jimmy

Bruh... You need a whole thread for "Dumb/ funniest statements"

I am starting to wonder if you really trolling
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    A league source again acknowledged that one of the issues that has left Butler willing to play hardball with the Bulls in his push to hit the free-agent market sooner than later was because he’s turned off with the idea that it’s “Derrick Rose’s team.’’

Not that the old coaching regime didn’t see this coming, as the feeling back in training camp was that Rose and Butler were two alpha males that would have a hard time existing and could be headed for a collision of egos.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    All these ? no signing Snell potentially can be better then Butler, but were saying Butler couldn't be better then Deng and was just a defensive player. Say I am wrong? Butler had one good year. Snell has a better shot then Butler and is just as lanky and long as Butler. Butler is a better proven defender and better at taking it to the rim then Snell, pure shooter Snell is better
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you admit Snell doesn't have an all around better game than Butler?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang

Butler has more playing time than Snell, but from what I see Snell has a better stroke then Jimmy. Jimmy is better around the glass taking it to the rim
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now it's not a fair comparison since Butler been around longer and had far more playing time...I don't think it's laughable to debate who could be better at this point

Jimmy need to humble his self if this ? coming out is true though
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snell does have a better stroke nh if he was to actually improve i never thought butler was leaps and bounds better
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9TRAY wrote: »
    Bulls GM Gar Forman on Rose and Butler: 'I haven't seen (friction)'

w640xh480_USPW_496241.jpg?ts=1422680193

Fret not, Chicago Bulls fans. There's no beef between Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler.

The two All-Star guards were reportedly at odds with one another during the Bulls' playoff run. As reported by Dan Bernstein of CBS Chicago, Rose's passive showing during the Bulls' final playoff game stemmed from Butler's emergence as their top scorer.

Butler led the Bulls in scoring at 22.9, with Rose trailing at 20.3 per game. However, Rose saw more of the ball and used more possessions, topping Butler in usage percentage at 29.1 to 24.1 percent.

With Butler's status as a restricted free agent this summer, there's some concern over the viability of the pair's future in Chicago. With Rose already tied to a maximum contract, keeping Butler in town could make for awkwardness.

However, Forman put those worries to rest on Friday.

"I haven't seen (friction)," said general manager Gar Forman, as relayed by K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

"In all our minds, you've got two guys who can attack, want to run, can play off the dribble and playmake for themselves and others. They haven't had a chance to do it a whole lot because of the injuries. But there's no reason those two shouldn't be able to play at a high level and be one of the best backcourts in the league."

Newly-minted head coach Fred Hoiberg echoed Forman's sentiments.

"I think they complement each other beautifully," Hoiberg said of Rose and Butler. "I'm looking forward to trying to put those guys in great spots where they can continue to be All-Star-caliber players."

With any concerns of chemistry put to rest, the Bulls can now concentrate on re-signing Butler. The 25-year-old is reportedly seeking a short-term contract after coming off a career-year in which he averaged 20 points, 5.8 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.8 steals this season while shooting 37.8 percent from deep.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/786636

via @theScore
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? all the ?

They better pay Butler

And Rose & Butler better play 2gether next season.

They got potential to be the GOAT duo in the league.

Im not even sure i believe all this drama but i dont care as long as rose stays healthy and we get W's
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bulls will be fine, they just need a coach that has an offensive imagination. Thibs was a defensive coordinator. Bulls didn't have an offensive scheme or personality despite having top tier talent. A new coach is all they needed and more playing time for Mitotic. They need 3 point shooting and Rose needs shot selection therapy. Someone tell him that he is not 2005 Chauncey Billups with all of those pull up 3's.
  • WhoisDonG???
    I actually think Snell has more upside then Butler. It was just confidence and playing time was needed. When Snell actually got minutes and not worrying about the quick hook he was decent. He can also get to the cup. And he above average defender.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think Snell has more upside then Butler. It was just confidence and playing time was needed. When Snell actually got minutes and not worrying about the quick hook he was decent. He can also get to the cup. And he above average defender.

mj-laughing.gif

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That jimmy rose beef is legit.Joe Cowley be on point wit his sources can't keep sweeping it under the rug he wrote a story about it in the sun times yesterday

He was on point 2 years ago when he said rose would sit out the whole season cuz his brother told him too,reporting noahs knee injury was more serious than the bulls were saying,reporting thibs was gone after this season (he called that in december).He breaks news and has plugged bulls sources.He sayin the beef is jimmy believes he's an alpha and rose thinks this is still 2011 and he's not that player anymore and the bulls are a different team + how rose is babied so much by always missing practices and having his own personal trainer/doc.It's nothing that can't be fixed cuz they played great in the playoffs It's on hoiberg to get them on the same page