Wife of Israeli politician tweets racist Obama joke...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/21/israeli-politician-wife-tweets-racist-obama-joke
Wife of Israeli politician tweets racist Obama joke – and social media reacts

Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom and his wife Judy Shalom Nir-Mozes
The wife of a senior Israeli minister sparked outrage on Sunday by posting a racist joke about President Barack Obama on Twitter.

Judy Shalom Nir Mozes, a well-known face on Israeli TV and the wife of the country’s interior minister Silvan Shalom, quickly deleted the offending tweet – but it was too late to avoid mounting criticism.

The post that set off a wave of international public anger was short and to the point.

“Do you know what Obama coffee is? Black and weak”, Mozes tweeted in English.

Protests on Twitter came swiftly in English and Hebrew, including messages such as “Have you gone mad?” and “You’d better erase this … frighteningly racist”.

After deleting the tweet, Mozes posted: “I apologise, that was a stupid joke somebody told me.”

But Twitter users had already taken screen shots of the offensive message.

One user posted: “How human garbage works … Delete plus fake apology. Clearly found the racist joke funny enough to share. Trash”.

Mozes has been involved in social-media controversy before.

In 2012 she was nominated to represent Unicef, the United Nations body dealing with children’s rights and emergency needs, in Israel, and was set to join a sparkling list of royal and celebrity ambassadors that has included David Beckham, Sarah Jessica Parker, William and Kate, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Queen Rania of Jordan, Shakira and Sir Roger Moore.

But according to the Jerusalem Post, she resigned after whipping up a political storm when she posted messages to Facebook vociferously supporting Israel’s military bombardment of Gaza and referring to Palestinians there simply as “people whose children are fed hate towards Israel ... who have it in their DNA to hate us”.

In the US, Mozes’ Tweet hit raw nerves. On Sunday, the subject of race was once again leading every news outlet, days after a 21-year-old white man shot dead nine black worshippers in a church in Charleston, South Carolina.

One Twitter user wrote: “Wife of Israeli interior minister @JudyMozes tweeted racist slur [about] POTUS (President of the United States) while we mourn loss of 9 [because] of racism.”

Mozes appeared to compound her predicament, posting another joking statement, which began “Sorry if I caused offense to anyone” and added that she hoped she would still be married when her husband heard about the row.

A minute later she addressed a Tweet to “President Obama” and referred to her joke as inappropriate, saying she liked people “no matter about their race or religion”.

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is nothing compared to what they say about the Palestinians.
  • Dirty McGirty
    Dirty McGirty Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    She white...? Check.

She being racist behind a keyboard knowing full well Obama would let off a hadouken in her and her comrades if she said that in his face? Check.

*patiently waits for Fox News to talk about playing the race card in defense mode*
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not surprised and Obama shouldn't be surprised either.

No matter what he says or does this how he will always be seen.

What I want to know though is does he really care because his actions to date show me he doesn't.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehhh, I don't really see that as being any more racist than the chick saying she was dealing with annoying white people. Obama is black and whether or not he's weak is a matter of opinion, but she didn't say he was weak because he was black.

Either way. ? Israel.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people being themselves, nothing new to see here.
  • A Talented One
    Options

I hate you

The joke is somewhat offensive, but it's nothing compared to calls for genocide. So get the ? outta here.

I bet you don't even know what they say about Palestinians. You're just jumping on the "You're a ? " bandwagon.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hate you

The joke is somewhat offensive, but it's nothing compared to calls for genocide. So get the ? outta here.

I bet you don't even know what they say about Palestinians. You're just jumping on the "You're a ? " bandwagon.

I'm well aware of what goes on over there lil house ? ...but that's beside the point. You come in here deflecting just like everybody expects you to do you weak ass ? ass boy.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait until that drone attack.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't see anything racist about that ? ...it's pretty funny...folks just over sensitive bout everything
  • A Talented One
    Options

I hate you

I'm well aware of what goes on over there lil house ? ...but that's beside the point. You come in here deflecting just like everybody expects you to do you weak ass ? ass boy.

You don't know what the ? you are talking about. You're just a follower. Now ? off.
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She compared him to coffee wtf, the joke was weak I didn't even ? a semi smile.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama out here looking weak tho...
    Understand,The whole world watchin the U.S .... its the modern Egypt, Rome, Sumeria, Persia...
    Obama is the 1st African American prez. And every month ,theres weekly stories of African Americans being opressed and mistreated under his regime...
    How does that make him look?

And the white supremacists do this purposely...
    one. they do this to get away with racist acts, by stating theyre not racist Because, theres a blk president .
    2. They do it to make Obama look bad, they constantly blame Obama for the heightened racial tension...

• Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hate you

You don't know what the ? you are talking about. You're just a follower. Now ? off.

? I've been to Haifa. Where tf YOU been? You ? off. White washed lil ?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Obama ain't weak on foreign policy, if anything he's a ? monster.

But internally, yes it appears that way.

Bottom line is everybody sees what's going on, and nobody highly respects a person who sees them letting their ppl drown but doesn't outright save them. If he came in showing actionables on some black empowerment ? a lot ppl would hate him, but they'd respect him and us a lot more.
    No people have ever been fully liberated by other people. Either you 1 take that ? by force where you are, you 2 escape to a place where nobody else is a set up shop there, or 3 embark on a long slow grind that may or may not happen. He was our chance at #1.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much Hp did yall ? lose over this remark?
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok... you can't have it both ways.

Most know that the President don't really run ? , so how can you show power when you have none to begin with?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Or in this case the hand that protects ad arms you.

Nothing will come of this though. Israeli-American relations will be the same.
  • A Talented One
    Options

I hate you

? I've been to Haifa. Where tf YOU been? You ? off. White washed lil ?

I was talking about the 'deflecting' that I supposedly do.

You don't know my posts, because nothing is further from the truth. You're just going off of my 'e-rep' with a few posters on here.

Anybody who thinks I'm a ? don't really know what one is.

Now stop making yourself look dumb.
  • A Talented One
    Options

And ? all y'all flagging and wacking this. This joke is very far from the most offensive joke she could have made, and on top of that they do say much worse about the Palestinians.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isn't the first time she's done it

This is what that twitter post should feel like to Obama

anigif_original-grid-image-11838-1397507729-4.gif
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Or in this case the hand that protects ad arms you.

Nothing will come of this though. Israeli-American relations will be the same.

bs-010.jpg

Israel seems to think otherwise.......

No matter though....

The ? of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob aka the LORD JESUS CHRIST is coming quickly!

And He will lay the land most desolate! Yes, there shall be many dead bodies in every place! They shall cast them forth with silence! Amen.

Better got in the Arc before the door closes! You want to appear here on the cloudy day:

e6ec94b8eab7ee0422515c06ca23ac44.jpg

not here:

great-white-throne-judgment-book-of-revelation-chapter-20.jpg

If you appear at the Great White Throne, no amount of woulda, shoulda, couldas will save you on that day. You will be lost and without hope, doomed to a lost eternity in the smokey section. Your will, your life, your destiny!

Thus it was written, so shall it be done!

Amen.