Phil Jackson..Lebron travels half the time he catches the ball

Options

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yet he's been to the finals 5 times in a row with a team comparable to the Knicks. I find it hilarious that Phil, of all people, would have something to say about this when he's coached two of the most babied plyers the NBA has ever seen in MJ and Kobe. Y'all serious with this ? ?? Star players just started getting favorable no calls since Bron been in the league?? I'm pretty sure Byron Russell of the 98 Utah Jazz would say different...

The east has been weak since the 2000s. On top as that what weak teams besides the first few with Cleveland which was good enough to take the east (Because it was so weak and still is) and lose. Then he went and teamed up with 2 ALL STARS lost a finals, got lucky with when when the spurs melted down in that game 6. And lost this year with have kyrie almost through out the playoffs, a improved tristan thompson who lead the playoffs in rebounds, delladova who had a caffeine high. Mozgoz was solid in the playoffs until blatt benched him? Jr smith was streaky, schumpert plays solid D.....smh
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    I been saying this..especially about the fouling. Dude gets away with blatant pushes every time. Harden too...

? , I can't stand Harden with that ? . I swear Houston fans look at him like he's the best nba player ever and I just wanna kick him in the junk.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    You can tell who read and didn't read the article
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    You can tell who read and didn't read the article

Says the guy who made the headline "phil says LeBron travels" when that's not even the main focus of the article.

Self-ethering post #3435677 by Jay ? ladies and gentleman
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i said it a couple of weeks ago
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Says the guy who made the headline "phil says LeBron travels" when that's not even the main focus of the article.

Self-ethering post #3435677 by Jay ? ladies and gentleman

Wow you really trying, lol these pathetic strawman attempts are failing you Your running out of wind cowboy time to put it down saddle up and ride in to the sunset
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fact: most players travel like tons of times over the course of a game. Could you imagine if the refs called it every single time?

This is one of those situations where the media and fans overreact to something one player does simply because of who that player is.

As far as Phil's pedigree goes, how many of those rings did he win as GM? And when he makes statements like this, is he speaking as a former coach or as a GM? Cause if it's the latter, he would be better off leaving such comments to his head coach. Of course, Phil can say whatever the he'll he wants, that's not the point. But considering his name and reputation and the market of the team he's in charge of, it might be best to not run off at the mouth, especially given how embarrassing his first year was.

Read the article and you will see Phil talk about the league losing its way in general with traveling and screens.

11 rings.....as a coach all you got is a promise ring from your boo lol

I read the article. I can't tell what your point is but I'm going to talk unnecessary ? about Phil or LeBron. Fact is, true as Phil was in the quote about the game, given his position in the league right now, it's not a quote people want to hear from him. You want to blame someone? Blame David Stern for empowering referees the way he did.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Phil is not a perfect human being by any means, and even with his 11 rings he still has to learn about the game and how it is changing over the years and adapting to the new ways. I'm certainly not going to discredit a proven coach who has 11 rings and coached 2 of the best players ever, not including Shaq and Pippen. Let's not act like this is a statement from David Blatt. Wasn't Jackson out of the game for 2- years before he signed up with the Knicks?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Rome was not built in a day, give Jackson a few years to rebuild the Knicks.....This is a new experience for him and I will not judge until the vision of his final product is complete. Whether good or bad. Lots not act like Jackson doesn't have any room to speak on any issues in the NBA. We are talking about a guy who has 11 rings over 20 years of basketball experience, coached Michael Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kobe, Shaq, is out of pocket for speaking on this issue.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fact: most players travel like tons of times over the course of a game. Could you imagine if the refs called it every single time?

This is one of those situations where the media and fans overreact to something one player does simply because of who that player is.

end thread

yall ? talm bout rings sound like females who dont watch nba til may and ask a ? "ooh who is that wearing #23" shut the ? up.

so if bill russell come on tomorrow and say "nah yo, lebron dont even travel" what yall gon say?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan traveled Shaq traveled on his jumpstop. Kobe traveled why is it he aint complain when he was getting the benefit of it? Outside of that Phil had good points about teams not running offenses and iso ball.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Not only does Lebron travel his offenses fouls, post videos at jordan traveling like lebron has
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Lots of travels go uncalled, you can't catch every call, but when you see the ref looking at the player traveling then something is up. Lebron does it with more consistency, so does harden and melo. The league has gone soft

Has jordan had uncalled travels? sure who hasn't but when you make it apart of your game and that's your games strength something is up
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Better yet all you Lebron riders, tell us what Lebrons flaws in his game really are...
  • aneed123
    Options
    It ain't about caping for LeBron. Phil had the best players who got away with calls he shouldn't be throwing salt unless he acknowledges that fact.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    ? players get away with calls to, there are videos of KENDRICK PERKINGS traveling, and he averages 1-2 buckets a game in his prime
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better yet all you Lebron riders, tell us what Lebrons flaws in his game really are...

No rider but off top Below average mid range jumper and barely average free throw shooter.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Jordan traveled Shaq traveled on his jumpstop. Kobe traveled why is it he aint complain when he was getting the benefit of it? Outside of that Phil had good points about teams not running offenses and iso ball.

All three people you name has better footwork. .facts
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Exactly.....Lebron strength of his game is taking it to the basket....his jump shot is average I guess.
    Taking it to the basket and traveling half the time.....smh
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Phil has become a bitter old Jew
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont think many people are gonna deny that what phil is saying is true..this is only a story bc he 'called out' lebron.
    but yeah...everyone travels. and yes, superstars are USUALLY reffed more conservatively, especially on home court.
    always been like that including MJ

its harder to go back and find older stars doing it bc back then they didn't have facebook, vines and forums that posted gifs on the regular to trash players after every play/game. u have to actually go back and watch full games. dont nobody got time for that.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lebron habitually travels.. comparing moments when Jordan traveled is irrelevant he travels like 5 times per game you dont gotta cape all time for Humpty Dumpty
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really care too much but when the ? switches his pivot and shuffles his feet before putting the ball down and that doesn't get called, it's a problem
  • aneed123
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

I'm not debating that. All 3 got away with traveling .... Facts
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MJ with the 6 step, no call travel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibQYwITuqA

it happens, people