Best Tarantino Film

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I was having this discussion with a couple of friends last night, personally my vote goes to ? Bill Vol.1

IN YOUR OPINION WHAT IS THE BEST FILM THIS ? HAS MADE THUS FAR.

Best Tarantino Film 59 votes

Resevoir Dogs
8%
fortyacresthemadlionsfanearth two supermanTRILLip Brooksyahwehprofet 5 votes
Pulp Fiction
42%
DupacMsSouthernthe ghostjaywillisaf.r.i.c.a.illestni99ainneMr.LVL.O.S.T.IbexBDBIIDIdiopathic JokerBuilt 4 cuban linxBilly_PonchoValentinez A. KaiserSneakDZADave2one6BabaaaLUClENvictory_kid#1hiphopjunki3 25 votes
Jackie Brown
16%
dontdiedontkillanyonnawledge_godBroddierip.dillaRobCoLifemryounggunLou CypherStomp JohnsonThe Month of AugustTheGOAT 10 votes
? Bill Vol.1
15%
lazypakmanHustleThaDonfocusLike Waterplayboy buddy roseHafBaykedLord_Hades_08zzombieIgboNegro 9 votes
? Bill Vol.2
0%
Death Proof
0%
Inglorious Basterds
13%
CracceRIheart~CaliCapitalBRampage12A$AP_A$TONBetamanofmorehouseHugo Stiglitz 8 votes
Django Unchained
3%
[Deleted User]iNeverCould 2 votes

Comments

• Lord_Hades_08
    Lord_Hades_08 Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    Good Choices but I'm going to have to say other - "True Romance"
  • lazypakman
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    Good Choices but I'm going to have to say other - "True Romance"

talking strictly films he's directed here, otherwise i would have put in the stuff he's written on the side too (natural born killers etc.)

i've omitted his segment from 'four rooms' because tarantino hates it so much he refuses to acknowledge it himself.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pulp Fiction
    I chose pulp fiction with reservoir dogs close behind. I just love that movie anytime its on tv I have to watch it. Timeless imo
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    Never saw Inglorious Basterds but I'm rolling with Jackie Brown. Probably his most "grown up" dialogue to date and definitely his most realistic characterizations.

Reservoir Dogs is a close second.
  • iNeverCould
    iNeverCould Members Posts: 60
    Options
    Django Unchained
    I haven't seen all of Pulp Fiction.
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pulp Fiction
    For me it's a tie between Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown... but went with Pulp Fiction.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    i'm just waiting for that one idiot to vote 'death proof'
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    both KB's go hard to me

Death Proof was my ? too tho

and thats still not to say the others werent great....those are just my favs if i had to pick
  • lazypakman
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    shouldn't the ? bill movies be grouped into one?

they were released as two separate movies and i was under the assumption thats how they exist as entities in the movie goers mind, at least to me they do, if you put them together i'd probably vote for something else since part 1 is almost flawless to me.
    Sion wrote: »
    No True Romance, Once Upon A Time In Little Mexico or Dusk Till Dawn ???

movies he directed man, not written or starred in or any other sort.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    lazypakman wrote: »
    shouldn't the ? bill movies be grouped into one?

they were released as two separate movies and i was under the assumption thats how they exist as entities in the movie goers mind, at least to me they do, if you put them together i'd probably vote for something else since part 1 is almost flawless to me.

They are 2 separate movies and they're not even in the same genre despite sharing characters and narrative devices. One is more of a Shaw Bros. tribute and full blown martial arts movie while the other is a Western. Which is why sometimes you see people who like one but doesn't enjoy the other as crazy as that may seem to some.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    Jackie Brown Is Probably The Closest Thing To An "Original" Movie Hes Ever Done...Everything Is Not So Much
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Resevoir Dogs
    For me it's Reservoir Dogs. I just love the characters and dialogue in the movie. Mr. Pink explaining why he doesn't tip, the exchange between Mr. Pink and Mr. White in the bathroom after the heist and the torture scene from Mr. Blonde. I just ? love that ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    It's between jackie brown and inglourious basterds for me
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    inglourious was hard to follow for me....gotta try it again early in the morning wit some coffee and sumn to burn
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Jackie Brown Is Probably The Closest Thing To An "Original" Movie Hes Ever Done...Everything Is Not So Much
    How?

Jackie Brown is my personal favorite but its the one based on a book written by someone else. How is that original?

As far as my favorite he wrote im going with Reservoir Dogs.

Pulp Fiction woulda had it but i always loose interest when it focuses on Bruce Willis & his annoying girlfriend
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    How?

Jackie Brown is my personal favorite but its the one based on a book written by someone else. How is that original?

As far as my favorite he wrote im going with Reservoir Dogs.

Pulp Fiction woulda had it but i always loose interest when it focuses on Bruce Willis & his annoying girlfriend

Most Movies Are Adaptations Of Something Else.. What I'm Referring To Is The Film Making Itself...QT Is An A Remix Artist He Borrows Heavily From Other Directors ...Where To Me Jackie Brown Is Most Original Creation...Even Though Its A Lot Of Exploitation Elements From The 70's Including Pam Grier Herself...Its OK To Pay Homage To Earlier Films But QT And His Boys Rodriquez And Eli Roth Have Made Careers Of Ripping Off Martial Arts, Heists, Exploitation, Spaghetti Westerns, Horror Etc Etc.....
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    Just watched this again on netflix. Maybe its because this is the tarantino flick ive seen the least, but its my favorite.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Inglorious Basterds
    The Jew hunter dropping etherous lines at the beginning, Brad Pitts accent, how cold ol boy was to the Jewish chick with that glass of milk and the cream on the pastry, the jew bear wrecking ? , the shootout scene in the bar, ? getting marked all the way the ? up. This movie was the best to me but PA and RD are close seconds
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how do you rip off film genres?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    i voted for ? bill vol.1but really to my mind vol. 1 and vol.2 should be listed as one movie

also michael madsen was brilliant in reservoir dogs but the ? bill series just has soooo much cool ? ? going on it leaves you wanting more.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    how do you rip off film genres?

Easy though. Remember this?

The-Artist-poster.png

Released in 2011 and was a silent movie you know like the types they made in the 1920's and won Oscars

Tarantino has heavily borrowed from film genres (Inglorious Basterds was actually the name of another World War II movie without the 'e') in his directing style but what saves his films from cliché are his scripts.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    Definitely Jackie Brown - easily his most mature and disciplined film, and if anything I think that film has got better with age. His films kind of lost the plot after that.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    His soundtracks are always on point as well.

Djaaaaaaaaaango

Djaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaango

Have you always been alone?