Best Tarantino Film

Options
2»

Comments

• Hugo Stiglitz
    Hugo Stiglitz Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Options
    Inglorious Basterds
    Had to go with Inglorious Basterds. The tension build up in several scenes was masterful. Col. Hans Landa (The Jew Killer) was that dude you love to hate. And Hugo Stiglitz (where I got my screen name) was a stone cold killer. A German soldier that was known for killing Gestapo Officers. Incredible!!
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    Wow. Im pleasantly surprised to see so many Jackie Brown votes.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Pulp Fiction
    Jackie Brown was cool, but I gotta go with Pulp Fiction.

The Writing
    The Dialogue
    The Acting

There's a reason he's known for this movie
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I broke it down to my favorite scenes...

Reservoir Dogs - Tim Roth in the bathroom scene... I actually sampled this in one of my tracks...

Pulp Fiction - Christopher Walken's pocket watch monologue... in my opinion the best scenes were written by Roger Avary...

Jackie Brown - The soundtrack...

? Bill vol 1 - Like, all of it... but if I were to pick one it would be the crazy 88's fight scene... I wanna get my hands on a Japanese copy... I'm pretty sure that scene is in color...

? Bill vol 2 - The part with the mercenary and the ? stick...

Deathproof - Feet...

Inglorious Basterds - The scene in the restaurant...

Django - Why did he bring Django with him, you guys? The plan totally would have worked if... I dunno, DJANGO STOOD OUTSIDE OR SOME ? ??
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Jackie Brown Is Probably The Closest Thing To An "Original" Movie Hes Ever Done...Everything Is Not So Much

I get what you're saying... RD was pretty much plagarized, PF was co-written, JB was blaxploitation, KB was tongue-in-cheek homage, deathproof is grindhouse (a genre that invokes a period in time in cinema), IB took its name from another movie... In fact I would say Django was his most original film and my least favorite... hmm...
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Correction... Django was a reference to another film also, so maybe JB was his most original film...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    The Hateful Eight is another Western

I guess dude likes dry arid landscapes to shoot his films

However I heard Sam Jack speaking about the film saying it was mostly acted indoors during a very harsh winter
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown
    lazypakman wrote: »
    His soundtracks are always on point as well.

Djaaaaaaaaaango

Djaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaango

Have you always been alone?

Co ? sign. every single movie, i especially enjoyed this song from django though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bdOTUocn5w
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Random trivia. The Chinese Master in the 2nd ? Bill is based on a real man.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pulp Fiction
    I watched Jackie brown last night and although a great film. In his top 5 I still prefer pulp fiction
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    ? Bill volumes 1 & 2 should be listed together. They were both shot together at the same time, released only a few months apart and only broken up to appease movie theater owners. The second film isnt a sequel, hence the use of "volume". On Blu Ray its just one long movie.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Brown

Yeah I agree with others here who've praised Tarantino's musical sense as regards his soundtracks; I think it's another underrated part of his films people overlook.. hiring RZA to produce the ? Bill soundtrack was genius as regards the martial art themes

http://youtu.be/3v9BPxHBogs

^^ I've heard this song whistled randomly and anonymously several times by total strangers since the film was released
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    the fight scenes with uma thurman & vivica fox, the crazy 88's & the young chinese chick were classic
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/3v9BPxHBogs

^^ I've heard this song whistled randomly and anonymously several times by total strangers since the film was released

This was my ringtone for like 5 years lol.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pulp Fiction
    1 of my favorite movies of all-time is Pulp Fiction

Samuel L. Jackson's best role ever also. I love that movie so much I damn near know it verbatim and even have the BAD ? wallet. LOL.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    Just watched Jackie Brown for the first time on Netflix. I really liked it, but not sure how I feel about the ending though. Not just Jackie and Max, but also Ordell and the cops. Everything seemed a little anti climatic. Otherwise, excellent movie.

My vote still stands tho.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Resevoir Dogs
    still the most entertaining. PF is close though
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inglorious Basterds
    Jackie Brown is a close second. Pulp Fiction gets to be a little too long-winded for me after awhile.

The Bear Jew and Hugo Stiglitz >>>
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Bill Vol.1
    ? Bill gets my vote