Odin vs Thanos w/guantlet

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
who wins

i would love to hear this debate

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no debate. Thanos soloed a team of Cosmic entities with the Gauntlet and usurped Eternity. Odin has no shot.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    but i thought odin never lost a battle
  • The Lonious Monk
    Where'd you get that from? Odin just got embarrassed by Galactus not too long ago. He basically tried to headbutt Galactus and knocked himself out of commission. There there is the fact that he and a bunch of other gods got ? up by the Celestials.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    ahh ok.....

see this is why i ask.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    odin has no chance
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real question is who would win in a triple threat match of Super Sayains 4 Goku vs Apocalypse vs Thanos (Infinity Gaunlet)?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Do people not understand how powerful the IG is? Unless you're a certified universe buster, you don't have a shot against an IG user, especially one as capable as Thanos was.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no chance for Odin, but he didn't get embarrassed against Galactus. He just got beat. He dropped gal, too. Gal just got up first. And they had a stalemate telepathy battle.
  • The Lonious Monk
    There is no chance for Odin, but he didn't get embarrassed against Galactus. He just got beat. He dropped gal, too. Gal just got up first. And they had a stalemate telepathy battle.

You're overstating things. Odin put all his power into the headbutt. They both fell to Earth. Galactus got up and was instantly ready to continue his assault on Asgard. Odin couldn't get up at all. He was about to pass out and basically had to transfer his consciousness to the Destroyer armor to stay in the fight. In other words, Odin pulled a kamikaze attack that did little more than ground Galactus momentarily. I don't know what your qualifications for embarrassment are, but regardless, you should have come away from that fight believing a decently fed Galactus is far above Odin.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭

You're overstating things. Odin put all his power into the headbutt. They both fell to Earth. Galactus got up and was instantly ready to continue his assault on Asgard. Odin couldn't get up at all. He was about to pass out and basically had to transfer his consciousness to the Destroyer armor to stay in the fight. In other words, Odin pulled a kamikaze attack that did little more than ground Galactus momentarily. I don't know what your qualifications for embarrassment are, but regardless, you should have come away from that fight believing a decently fed Galactus is far above Odin.
    ^^ Yep. That fight was underwhelming. During that story arc Thor and Odin were headbutting Galactus and Surfer like they were the Bushwackers. The headbutts had no effect whatsoever on the two. After Odin's attack, Galactus got up like he was about to make strawberry pancakes and sausage. He carried on like Odin wasn't a factor.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt King Thor just beat Galactus when he used the ? Butchers powers ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    didnt King Thor just beat Galactus when he used the ? Butchers powers ?

Yep, didn't read the story though so I don't know the details. I think the weapon was primarily what made it possible though.