Why do people call the devil a "thief, liar, and murderer"?

12345679»

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    The white man is of the devil
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alissowack wrote: »
    This is why salvation is such an idiotic concept.

G-d puts man in a position to fail, knowing they would surely fail, punishes them for failing, makes an elaborate plan to save SOME of them, and expects GRATITUDE for it?

? that. If the police planted coke on you then locked you up on drug charges, only to let you go months later, would you be greatful to them? If they claimed to have done it for your good, would you love them for granting you the experience? If you had a lawyer that was willing to fight the charges on your behalf, would you blame them for your predicament?

I think the police example is a bad one. Cops planting drugs on somebody means the accused didn't have a choice in the matter. The cop's intentions were to find someone guilty whether they were guilty of something or not. I doubt cops bust people to teach them some valuable life lesson. That just goes against how justice system is suppose to work. Now if I was falsely accused, I would feel some type of way about it, but my hope is that I can step back and see that it is in our sinful nature to lie on each other.

Being in a position to fail is totally different than failing. Jesus was in a desert yet he chose ? . You still have a choice to either do what's right or wrong.

I was referring to humanity and the fall of man. Adam and Eve didn't choose to be created, nor could they have understood the gravity of punishment that resulted from eating from the tree. In that regard, their hands we're tied.

Their hands were not tied. Adam and Eve didn't need to know the gravity of the consequence. They just need to trust ? with the things He said to do or not do. However, they placed their trust in what the serpent had to say.

Hard to fathom, at times, as if Adam n Eve were hearing ? speak to them (and guessing it was just a voice in the air), then they have a Snake come and talk to them, which they can see, they may have just followed the Snake's wishes as tey could see him
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beenwize wrote: »
    The white man is of the devil

All men are of the devil and sin. Just depends on how you love your life
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmaooo theist make up the rules as they go, a bunch of ?
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    @kingblaze84 In regards to Numbers 21:5 and 6...there is a context to all of this. Way before this "complaint", ? gave Israel over to the Egyptians and were enslaved for quite a time. ? promised Israel that He will deliver them through Moses and did so in "miraculous" fashion. And this is a prime example of not believing in spite of the evidence. If ? parted the Red Sea before the eyes of the Israelites, that should have been enough to make ? their Lord. But, when times got rough out there in the desert, they forget that ? had done anything and want to go back to Egypt. They no longer believe in ? when He stopped working His Magic.

Yeah, I always found it interesting how the Israelites' faith would waver when their ? stopped working magic.

I suppose it's because it could have been any number of gods who could have worked those miracles, assuming those miracles happened to begin with. Many of the Israelites, rationally, could have believed those "miracles" were just random coincidences.

There's a reason Jews have one of the highest rates of atheism in the world, look at the Holocaust. The Bible ? didn't save any Jews when ? and his Nazis were killing them all over the place. Where was the Bible ? 's magic then lol

hOdql1I.jpg

As soon as we started documenting history he disappeared. ? the Africans , jews and native Americans I guess smh