Video:Cop Asks Black Man For His Insurance,Won't Let Him Reach For It,Then Writes Him A Ticket..

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is he bullet hole free? If so, he wins

^^^lowered expectations, i know
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »

Sad how true that statement is becoming....
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what part of Wisconsin he's in, small towns there are racist as ? .
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    ? can't win smdh. Got his license and insurance but they won't let him get it.

BUT BUT BUT BUT everythang will change once they take the confederate flag down....

what were fighting against is white supremacy...
    the flag is a by product of albino supremacy.. not the other way around.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same exact thing happened to me....

He must be driving a nice car.

Cops get behind me. Switch lanes, to ride on the side of me mad ? . Drive up in front of me in that same lane, then slam their brakes to get behind me to light me up.

Then of course hit me with the "are you on parole or probation?"....in order to try to search. After nothing, they hit me with the $25 dollar fixit ticket for no front license plate. Ironically when you buy a car in Cali u may not even get a front plate when plate(s) come. In the mail.

I keep a copy of my license and insurance card on my phone.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »

BUT BUT BUT BUT everythang will change once they take the confederate flag down....

But taking down these symbols of white supremacy and prohibiting displays of it works to discourage it
    Not like things will change over night, but it isn't a meaningless thing
  • D0wn
    LUClEN wrote: »

But taking down these symbols of white supremacy and prohibiting displays of it works to discourage it

dude white supremacy was in full effect before there was a confederate flag... n it will be in full effect after they take em down, unless we do something about it.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good idea ..... wonder if cops will accept it tho' ..... I'm gonna do it anyway
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MECCA1000 wrote: »

Good idea ..... wonder if cops will accept it tho' ..... I'm gonna do it anyway

FYI - I don't hand over my phone. The only time I had to use it I showed them I had insurance and read them my insurance policy number.

• LUClEN

dude white supremacy was in full effect before there was a confederate flag... n it will be in full effect after they take em down, unless we do something about it.

Murder existed before guns, doesn't mean firearm legislation is ineffective.
  • D0wn

Difference is , he confederate flag is just a symbol, like a key chain.a gun is an actual instrument used to ? .
    Ppl just dont look at the flag and turn racist.
    White supremacy is not a by product of that flag
  • LUClEN

Difference is , he confederate flag is just a symbol, like a key chain.a gun is an actual instrument used to ? .

But the more the general public opposes racism and bans symbols of it the less likely people are to adopt racist ideologies and act out of prejudice. Social proof is real.
  • D0wn

But the more the general public opposes racism and bans symbols of it the less likely people are to adopt racist ideologies and act out of prejudice. Social proof is real.

We live under a racist system. Bumper stickers, n flags, n key chains are irrelevant.They're just decorations.

Superman will still kick ass in an adult size onesies Cause he's superman.
    A racist will remain racist, with or without his racist souvenirs. And a racist symtem will remain racist, as long as racist r running it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? would be comical if it wasn't real life. ? sounds like an SNL skit or something.
  • LUClEN

We live under a racist system. Bumper stickers, n flags, n key chains are irrelevant.They're just decorations.

A racist will remain racist, with or without his racist souvenirs. And a racist symtem will remain racist, as long as racist r running it.

Except the racist behavior is being condoned less as the system becomes more progressive and as social influences gravitate away from these outdated belief systems. The more unacceptable it becomes, the less it will happen. We saw it with the prohibition of the ? , the various legal battle the NAACP won, and we're seeing it with the policing of offensive speech.
  • D0wn

Except the racist behavior is being condoned less as the system becomes more progressive and as social influences gravitate away from these outdated belief systems. The more unacceptable it becomes, the less it will happen. We saw it with the prohibition of the ? , the various legal battle the NAACP won, and we're seeing it with the policing of offensive speech.
    The more unacceptable racism becomes, the more they'll mask it. Its still there, just not blatant...
    Ex:They have been killin unarmed blk folks, simply cause theyre blk.but they'll Give u a b.s excuse 2 mask it.

Also , whites go 0-100 real quik, When they're wht privelege is under threat.
    They out here shootin up churches n burnin churches like its the 60's...n we got a Blk prez but, #progress
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same exact thing happened to me....

He must be driving a nice car.

After nothing, they hit me with the $25 dollar fixit ticket for no front license plate. Ironically when you buy a car in Cali u may not even get a front plate when plate(s) come. In the mail.

Yep
    I'm not drilling holes in that front bumper f that
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://m.wisn.com/news/racine-man-alleges-racial-profiling-records-traffic-stop-on-cellphone/34045736
    Racine man alleges racial profiling, records traffic stop on cellphone

RACINE, Wis. -
    A Racine man is accusing a Racine police officer of racial profiling after a traffic stop last month.

The man in the video claims he was targeted because he's black. The Police Department is standing by its officer.

“This is the racist cop that just giving me a ticket because I don't have a front license plate,” Racine resident James Wells said in a cellphone video.

Wells got so angry during a June traffic stop that he recorded it on his cellphone.

“I got racially profiled because I'm a black man in a nice vehicle,” Wells said.

He was stopped because he had no front license plate. He said he was stopped because he's black.

Since he shared his experience on Facebook, it has been viewed more than 1.4 million times.

Racine police said it's not how it appears, unleashing their own social media campaign. They posted police dashcam video of the stop for the public to see.

“Do you have insurance on the vehicle?” the police officer asked.
    The police video shows Wells moving around in his car.

“I didn't want you to reach for it. I don't want anyone reaching around the car,” the officer said.

Wells claimed he was only trying to find his ID and proof of insurance.

“What am I going to reach for a football? Books?” he said in the cellphone video.

“I will forever have to live as a black man being racially profiled as long as everyone allows it to keep going on,” Wells said.
    Wells told WISN 12 News he feared for his own life, and that's why he pulled out his phone to record his interaction with the officer.

“That camera is my backup. That's the only thing I have that can hold her accountable,” Wells said.

Racine police launched an internal investigation into Wells' allegations immediately. A post on their Facebook pages says: "After a thorough review of the facts in this case, the video evidence clearly disproves the false allegations that remain online as of this time. However, the adverse impact of having the character and personal integrity of individual police officers attacked online is not as easily remedied."

Wow.. That pig department investigated themselves and then clear themselves.. so I guess that proves that they don't racial profile black men.. Smh...