TIME FOR A ROCKSTEADY MADE SUPERMAN GAME?

Options

Comments

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    They already said it will be hard for them to make the game. No all superman games are trash. He way to OP .

Nah, there was one that was pretty good.

The_Death_and_Return_of_Superman.png

Now I ain't gone lie that Superman game went hard imo. The rest of other Superman games were trash. Rocksteady put work into the Batman Arkham series but, I don't like the chances of Rocksteady working on a Superman game and putting it on the same level of gameplay with the Arkham games. Superman is just an way overpowered superhero in which not much can effect him. And after playing Superman Returns years ago on PS2, I'll pass.

Rocksteady would be better off investing there money & time into a Justice League game where you can play as Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, etc. where there could be legit challenges in the game.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman Returns had potential I think someone should look at that game again. Some things weren't too bad but some things definitely weren't needed.
  • iron man1
    Options
    The flying and breaking the sound barrier was fire. Him using superspeed combos and super speed running to knock stuff out was great along with slamming robots into the ground.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WE WANT MORE BATMAN!!
    Superman is lame boring character.. you have other heroes that would make better games.
  • ferociousmonk
    ferociousmonk Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    Yeah I think superman is a bit op for a game. At least unless they find a different approach. Would like to see a good game about superman though. Maybe if they do his death and return but in a Arkham style? I dont know just brainstorming
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Spawn...

Spawn_Classic.jpg

This. This needs to happen
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    jee504 wrote: »
    I always wondered how a Superman game would go. He is so powerful with his abilities. The main thing would be upgrades and how enemies affect him. Of course the villains would be awesome, Darkseid, Doomsday, Lex, Braniac, etc. How would his fighting motion be, flying, running around, etc? That would be the tough part. The story would be the least of worries. It's the gameplay that's most essential.

In the super man returns game the city was his life meter. If metropolis took too much damage,too many civilians got hurt or the city became overun with bad guys superman failed and it was game over. The only thing that could stop him was a bad guy with kryptonite like metallo or an equally or more powerful villian like mongul.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    Did anybody suggest a flash game? Hes the only hero that never had his own game
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want a spawn game but it sounds like it would just be a hack and slash game
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would rather see them do a INSERT YOUR HERO gmae
    Co sign an Arrow game.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Said it before, I'll say it again. Superman's powers make him an almost impossible game. Unless it was a Shadow of the Colossus type thing and he only ever fought top tier guys. What fun would stoppin' a bank robbery be if you're Supes
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    Like somebody said its about the gameplay when it comes to Superman.

I think that we could create a collective of posters that would like the game to happen and create a scenario + gameplay we could sell
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY

Since they can create big asd maps and buildings its possible to explore more of him
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I envision it would be something like ? of War in an Arkham Series like sandbox.
  • Splackavelli
    edited June 2015
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    Did anybody suggest a flash game? Hes the only hero that never had his own game

I was just thinking how rocksteady could pull this off. Open world just like arkham city only flash will be protecting both keystone and central city he is fast enough to zip between both cities . The enemies will be the rouges with reverse flash as the main antagonist. Also there will be one or two minor bosses who arent rogue affiliated like grodd. Of course there will be street thugs and hench men to battle all over the map with side quest like helping or protecting civilians and doing lab work in the forensics department as barry allen. For combat flash doesnt always speed which i will get to in a moment but in the game he can move at a normal pace in order to explore the environment for forensic clues or possible dangers. For combat flash would be able to pull of varius attacks and speed combos against large groups of enemies there will be a charge meter that when affected by combos that allows flash to tap into the speed force which makes him so fast enemies and the world around flash will be temporarily frozen untill the speed force meter runs out.

Now for speeding . Speeding will be used more as a means of travel much like in arkham city how batman uses grappling hooks and cape gliding to get around. The skill point you gain from combating enemies can be used for speed ability upgrades like vibrating his molecules for the ability to phase through walls and solid objects. Running on water ,Creating small vector tornadoes with his arms to allow propulsion or cushioning his descent for a soft landing,Running in circles to incompacitate bad guys in a speed vortex etc. Flash will already have the abilty to run up the side of buildings. Its a flash game with mechanics somewhat similar to batman arkham games. What do you think about it?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    If they create it, it would have to be like saints row after all the powers and infamous. It actually can be done but a better idea would be to create your own kryptonian and choose whether to be good or evil, either working for darkseid or Kal El.

Or another idea would be to be a clone created by Lex like superboy and working to strengthen your abilities to be like superman.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    If they create it, it would have to be like saints row after all the powers and infamous. It actually can be done but a better idea would be to create your own kryptonian and choose whether to be good or evil, either working for darkseid or Kal El.

Or another idea would be to be a clone created by Lex like superboy and working to strengthen your abilities to be like superman.

At the end of the game you unlock superman, general zod, brainiac and the whole archive throughout the game to play with.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY

oh you mean like subperboy
  • iron man1
    Options

Open world and traveling different dimensions like say Darksiders series could work.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WE WANT MORE BATMAN!!
    From DC Standpoint..

Arrow
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Birds of Prey
    Zatanna
    Constantine
    Spectre

Under Rocksteady would make better games than Superman.

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    iron man1 wrote: »

Open world and traveling different dimensions like say Darksiders series could work.

Actually that would be a better idea rather than being limited to Metropolis make it intergalactic.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If rocksteady does make another superhero game I hope they make other superheroes have cameos...ex. New batman franchise has a part where superman intervenes and helps out etc etc...only way I see superman in a game
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I would rather see them do a INSERT YOUR HERO gmae
    Just like superman i think green lantern and spawn would be difficult to make,

both spawn and green lantern powers consist of imagining a image in there head
    and it coming to life........

daredevil and green arrow, styles is close to batman style and could possibly
    work, but than again daredevil is suppose to be blind so how would that work
    in the game.......lol

and green arrow is cool, but besides trick arrows what else can he do besides physical
    combat......

to me personaly a green arrow game probably would be as boring as a captain america game...

flash wouldnt work neither,

maybe an xmen game could work

I think wonder woman, spiderman, and the punisher can possibly work.......
    but are people interested in a wonderwoman game, or even another rehash version
    of a spiderman game......

Punisher probably would be dope, violent as hell though

however as someone stated in this thread, a teenage mutant ninja turtles game would
    be dope and possibly work real well........ if rocksteady could they should try, it would
    help bring more life to that franchise since they on the verge of another movie coming out
  • Splackavelli
    edited July 2015
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    Just like superman i think green lantern and spawn would be difficult to make,

both spawn and green lantern powers consist of imagining a image in there head
    and it coming to life........

daredevil and green arrow, styles is close to batman style and could possibly
    work, but than again daredevil is suppose to be blind so how would that work
    in the game.......lol

and green arrow is cool, but besides trick arrows what else can he do besides physical
    combat......

to me personaly a green arrow game probably would be as boring as a captain america game...

flash wouldnt work neither,

maybe an xmen game could work

I think wonder woman, spiderman, and the punisher can possibly work.......
    but are people interested in a wonderwoman game, or even another rehash version
    of a spiderman game......

Punisher probably would be dope, violent as hell though

however as someone stated in this thread, a teenage mutant ninja turtles game would
    be dope and possibly work real well........ if rocksteady could they should try, it would
    help bring more life to that franchise since they on the verge of another movie coming out

Green lantern had a game when the movie was released so did thor and iron man they were all mediocre . Punisher was dope though. i still have . it makes me want to duSt off my ps2 and have a rew rounds.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    YES DEFINITLY
    Rocksteady should make a hulk game unlike ultimate destruction with completely different game mechanics