Plot straight out of a horror movie; 'the watcher' stalks families in $1.3 million dollar home

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
Couple flees $1.3M dream house over creepy letters signed, 'The Watcher'

A New Jersey couple is suing the couple that sold them their $1.3 million dream house, along with the realtor and an unidentified alleged stalker dubbed "The Watcher," who they say forced them to flee by sending creepy letters.

The couple, whose names are being withheld out of concern for their safety, received the first of many messages just three days after they plunked down $1.3 million for their new home in the tony New Jersey borough of Westfield, according to their lawsuit, first reported by NJ.com.

"Why are you here? I will find out," read part of the first of “The Watcher’s” letters. "My grandfather watched the house in the 1920s and my father watched in the 1960s. It is now my time."

"Do you need to fill the house with the young blood I requested?” reads another part of the first letter. “Once I know their names I will call to them and draw them to me. I asked the [prior owners] to bring me young blood."

According to the lawsuit filed earlier this month in Union County Superior Court, the strange letters continued, with each one more bone-chilling than the last. The frightening letters progressed to threats against the couple and their children, forcing the family to move.

"Have they found what is in the walls yet? In time they will. I am pleased to know your names and the names now of the young blood you have brought to me," one letter read. "Will the young bloods play in the basement? Who has the rooms facing the street? I'll know as soon as you move in. It will help me to know who is in which bedroom then I can plan better."

"All the windows and door in [the house] allow me to watch you and track you as you move through the house," it continued. "I am in charge."

The lawsuit actually names “The Watcher” as one of the defendants, along with the previous owners, John and Andrea Woods.

The couple claims in the suit that the Woods family had also received letters from the mysterious “Watcher” and were so desperate to unload their house that they failed to disclose the issue during the sale last summer.

“Upon information and belief, Defendants suppressed all information regarding “The Watcher” even though they were either on constructive or actual notice of the harm that could befall the Plaintiffs and their minor children…” reads a section of the lawsuit.

“Both John and Andrea Woods knew or should have known that “peace of mind” and “security” were and are of paramount importance to the Plaintiffs, specifically and in general as it true to the high end market to whom Defendants were marketing the home for sale,” reads another section.

Westfield Township Mayor Andrew Skibitsky said at a public council hearing that police have extensively investigated the threatening letters.

"Our police have conducted an exhaustive investigation into the threatening letters. Our police went the extra measure and left no stone unturned," he said, according to NJ.com. Despite their best efforts, no charges have been filed in the case and the true identity of “The Watcher” remains unknown.

Comments