Amy Schumer Reveals Why She Turned Down 'Daily Show' Offer

Options
2»

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i dont find her stand up funny, but her show is ok.

she would've sucked on the daily show though. You can't go in blind never having hosted anything on something like the daily show. Stewart had some hosting experience. It's why Wilmore struggled in the beginning. He's gotten better though. His show is more like a toned down Bill Maher.

Im shocked that STewart is leaving though. I wouldve bet money he was gonna stay until after 2016.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This chick wack as ? comedy wise and looks wise. Looks like the leprechaun gtfoh
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Her show is cool, but I will never be OK with her "jokes" of my boy Patrice O'Neal during the Charlie Sheen roast. ? was wild uncalled for, and he ended up dying from his diabetes months later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MylhoTBrLrI
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patrice was my ? .
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    she's an unfunny bigot...

How is she a biggot? She's a comic and she is hilarious to me.And I rarely like female comics.
    marc123 wrote: »
    Sarah silverman>>>>>>this ?

Amy shumer is really just another version of lena dunham...tho if i had to choose I'd pick shumer...

Co sign bolded.

Sarah's last stand up special was funny af

their totally different.both say shocking things,but sarah's more abstract.She's funny too.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ? she went in on patrice. i dont consider her racist though. thats just how comedy is right now.

The steve-o joke and the bruce willis ones were funny, but Once again, I think she just tries too ? hard. Thats why her scripted skit show is funnier than her standup.

Trainwreck does look funny though, but thats probably more cuz of judd apatow.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I swear, if Patrice was still alive today, sans-diabetes, y'all probably wouldn't have ? to say about Amy. Her joke didn't give the man diabetes.

Anthony Jessleneck, or however you spell it, started to bubble after that Roast too but we just dismissed him as an unfunny, uncharismatic ? . Who here was calling him a racist bigot? His ? was way worse and uncomedic than Amy's.

I just don't see how you can say her stand-up isn't funny but her show is when they both clearly have her brand of comedy written all over it. She's self-deprecating first and foremost, which is why I don't have a problem when she cracks on others. It's a lot of comedians that can dish it out but not take it (Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes) but Amy ain't one of em. If she was I'd point her out in a second.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I found Anothony Jeselnik funny. Comedy central shoulda kept his show imo.
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options