Japanese women go ape over surprisingly handsome gorilla

Options
Star Nine
Star Nine Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/asia/handsome-gorilla-shabani/

Tokyo (CNN)Who could resist that striking countenance, that chiseled brow -- and that toned, furry butt?

A surprisingly hunky male gorilla, Shabani, has female humans going ape after mugshots of the 18-year-old animal began going viral on Twitter.

Zoo officials tell CNN that young women have been flocking to see the pretty primate, who lives at the Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens in Nagoya.

Want to catch a glimpse of Shabani? Get in line. About 100 admirers constantly surround his exhibit, shouting "Look at me, Shabani!" and "This way, Shabani!" whenever he comes out.

You could also go on Twitter, where excited users are swapping photos of the hairy heartthrob: Close-up portraits, alluring full-body poses, and sizzling snapshots of Shabani showing off his impressive muscles.

Comments say he's "too handsome."

But too bad. Shabani is taken. According to officials, the gorilla has two wives, Ai and Nene. He's also said to be an excellent father to his children, Kiyomasi and Annie.

Takayushi Ishikawa, a zoo spokesperson, said Shabani's fame was "totally unexpected."

"It's a perfect example of the Internet society... we were very surprised by the phenomenon," he told CNN.

But like a true superstar, Shabani isn't fazed.

As Ishikawa says: "He seems to have noticed his new popularity, but he's kept it very cool."

150626144203-japan-gorilla-shabani-1-exlarge-169.jpg

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I was watching the cnn clip, n they had salt n pepper "what a man, "while they showed that gorilla.
    if u know, the song was an ode to blk men.

do the math ?

n i call propaganda.. i didn't see no ? women in the clip, goin cray over no gorilla.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like there getting ripe for some ? to pillage their tiny vaginas
  • D0wn
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I was watching the cnn clip, n they had salt n pepper "what a man, "while they showed that gorilla.

do the math ?

n i call propaganda.. i didn't see no ? women in the clip, goin cray over no gorilla.

Lmao c'mon ? , it's not that deep

while it's never deep for us , them cacs are mentally> . thats why they on top, n we on the bottom.

ask your self, why that song?
  • D0wn
    Options

why cause they showed some gorillas?
    so gorillas = ? ???
  • Rosbailamos
    Rosbailamos Members Posts: 15
    Options

do the math ?

That gorrilla bout to get deep in dem drawz doe
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

do the math ?

Nothing in this world is done by accident. There's a rhyme or reason for these different things when they occur in the media.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

do the math ?

Nothing in this world is done by accident. There's a rhyme or reason for these different things when they occur in the media.

Oh most definitely the media is the biggest form of manipulation. I just think its a stretch in this case
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i swear Japanese are some of the weirdest people on Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pVNyg1hPwc
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

do the math ?

while it's never deep for us , them cacs are mentally> . thats why they on top, n we on the bottom.

ask your self, why that song?

? if YOU think we on the bottom that YOUR problem... it's funny how ? get butt hurt about generalizations they make about white people... like they are white themselves
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, I know the racists are having a field day with this one.

? 'em.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    The crazy thing is that Japans birthrate is low because Japanese men are betas as hell. Saw a documentary of how Japanese men are going for electronic robots and not their women. In the future i expect Japan to accept immigration. To save Japan you can send about 3 million american male virgins and in 10 years Japans birth rate would go up 65%. Japanese women are not being approached by their men so they find a gorilla masculine lol.

A male gorilla is masculine.

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya know, knowing the ? if some of the women got in his encampment they probably would.... nevermind.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why cause they showed some gorillas?
    so gorillas = ? ???

The word comes from gorillai or gorillae, a Greek word describing tribal people of Africa. Also, a friend of mine taking a black history course mentioned that part of US propaganda on Japan was pamphlets that warned the Japanese of US sending their giant ape men to come after them. I've never seen or heard evidence of the latter, though.