Scottie Pippen says he was 'LeBron James before LeBron James'

Options

Comments

804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Exactly Ghost....this site is mind boggling when it comes to sports opinions....Lebron is the most overhyped manufactured athlete of besides peyton manning. Lebron had Kyrie till game 2 of the finals...don't act like he carried that team by himself...Thompson was grabbing boards out of his mind, JR Smith was streaky but effective, Schumpert has good D and Mozgov was dominating under the rim on offense and defense....The hell you ? talking about. Lebron need Wade and Bosh 2 all stars to get rings LMAO

4 straight finals appearances. When the 2013-2014 season ended, was anyone picking the Cavs to go to the finals? LeBron is a difference maker when it comes having serious championship aspirations and 38-45 win seasons.
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    We already knew that though... it's just that LeBron does Scottie Pippen better than Scottie Pippen.

Why did this post get 2 no-signs? Lol

I no-sign because I dont think Bron is a better point forward the Pippen.

Defensively the only player in their category I knew to cook Pip head-to head was Grant Hill. Melo stay cooking bron head-to-head, and Melo is no Grant Hill.

Im a fan of all 4 players game btw

Pippen never got buckets, or carried a squad like LeBron either.

You act like he avg 11pts a game during his stint with the bulls and we would never know if he could carry a team if played without jordan

But he avg around 7-8 rebs more 5ast or better and 17-20 pts a game

Then he has a shitload of defensive accolades

That ? is imressive imo ,

If you put him on another team you would say he was actually carrying that team

He wasn't carrying the team. Am I lying lol? I never said his numbers weren't good.

What's impressive to me is having the expectations of being the best player in the league, the expectations of winning multiple MVPs, the expectations of playing at a top ten player of all time level, and being able to do that successfully, despite the pressure that comes along with that.

It's like people want LeBron to be the greatest of all time, or better than Jordan depending on who you're asking, and the get mad at LeBron when he doesn't perform on that level.
    Do you understand what that level is? It's almost impossible to ask someone to live up to that, but LeBron believes he can be that. I respect that.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 straight finals appearences in a weak conference, with teammates Wade, Bosh, Love and Kyrie.....hmmmmmm
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love and Kyrie who never made the playoffs....

Yall got Jay ? started on Lebron bash mode uh oh...
    Options
    4 straight finals appearences in a weak conference, with teammates Wade, Bosh, Love and Kyrie.....hmmmmmm

They beat the best team from the stronger conference twice.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They beat the best team from the stronger conference twice.

• cyr0gen
    cyr0gen Members Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imo Pip could D up LeBron.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been saying this for years actually.

Lebron is a better player than Scottie Pippen was but the playing styles and strong points are similar.

Pippen was better on the ball defender and 3 point shooter but I'd give Lebron the nod in all other areas.

People compare Lebron's game to MJ and Kobe but his assets are more similar to Pippens with more size, strength, and athleticism Bron is a much better player than Pippen ever was though.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Never said Lebron don't make a team better. But he did have Kyrie till the finals and he had love all the way in to the playoffs. Cavs were in a slump until they made that trade for JR Smith Mozgov and Schumpert.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Exactly Ghost....this site is mind boggling when it comes to sports opinions....Lebron is the most overhyped manufactured athlete of besides peyton manning. Lebron had Kyrie till game 2 of the finals...don't act like he carried that team by himself...Thompson was grabbing boards out of his mind, JR Smith was streaky but effective, Schumpert has good D and Mozgov was dominating under the rim on offense and defense....The hell you ? talking about. Lebron need Wade and Bosh 2 all stars to get rings LMAO

4 straight finals appearances. When the 2013-2014 season ended, was anyone picking the Cavs to go to the finals? LeBron is a difference maker when it comes having serious championship aspirations and 38-45 win seasons.

Of course not but Paul George was out in Indy.
    Bosh ended up with clots right after the ASB and Dragic's arrival
    No one knew the Knicks and Denver would throw the Cavs a life-saver in an already weak eastern conf.

Its funny when people like to compare the Cavs season to the Heat to try and make it seem like LBJ made the Heat sink and Cavs a contender on his own. There were trades and Bosh's injury that played significant roles in all of that.

Before that Cavs-knicks-nuggest trade LBJ was pouting, distancing himself from the team and had to take a 2 week vacation in the middle of the season it was so bad. And that was with Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving on the team.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

Lebron is a better player than Scottie Pippen was but the playing styles and strong points are similar.

Pippen was better on the ball defender and 3 point shooter but I'd give Lebron the nod in all other areas.

People compare Lebron's game to MJ and Kobe but his assets are more similar to Pippens with more size, strength, and athleticism Bron is a much better player than Pippen ever was though.

To me Lebron is just a better athlete.

Pippen had better mid-range shot, better 3pt shooter, better FT shooter, better touch near the rim, more clutch....and this was in a much more physical era of basketball. Imagine if teams were able to get really physical with Lebron.

Passing i would call even as Pippen had MJ on his team so naturally he didn't have ball in his hands as much as Lebron. Even though Pippen was a great passer.

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

Pippen had better mid-range shot, better 3pt shooter, better FT shooter, better touch near the rim, more clutch....and this is in a physical ear of basketball. Imagine if teams were able to get really physical with Lebron, sh*t would be comical.

Passing i would call even as Pippen had MJ on his team so naturally he didn't have ball in his hands as much as Lebron. Even though Pippen was a great passer.

I know you don't care for Lebron and I don't particularly care for him either but he probably would have adjusted to whatever era he was in.

Lebron is as big as a prime Karl Malone was with the athleticism of a Dominique Wilkens he would would adjusted and put up similar numbers in that era too.

He's to big, to strong, and to athletic to completely be shut down those cats from past eras would have frustrated him though with the trash talk and borderline ? play but he woulda adjusted still woulda put up superstar numbers imo.

I don't know if the Lebron would have any rings or not though it would just depend on what squad he was on those squads were stacked back then wasn't nothing for those teams to have 3-4 Hall of Fame caliber players great teams in today's NBA are lucky to have more than 2.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options

Pippen had better mid-range shot, better 3pt shooter, better FT shooter, better touch near the rim, more clutch....and this was in a much more physical era of basketball. Imagine if teams were able to get really physical with Lebron.

Glad there are a few posters who are objective and know what they are talking about
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well he should be the best player ever.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Steve Kerr and Barkley have said the same as well. However, Pippen had a jump shot and a 3pt shot.
    Steve Kerr: LeBron Similar To Scottie Pippen, Not Michael Jordan

“The irony to me is that LeBron is not Michael. LeBron is actually Scottie. He’s so similar to Scottie in that defensively he was just a monster, could guard anybody, really more of a point forward than scoring guard. Scottie always loved to distribute the ball. That’s really where LeBron’s preference is.

"Phil Jackson used to call Scottie a 'sometimes shooter.' Sometimes they would go in, sometimes they wouldn't. That's how it is with LeBron. He's a great talent and a great player but you can see his flaws as a basketball player. He doesn't have an offensive game that he can rely on: no low-post game, no mid-range jump shot so when the game really gets tough he has a hard time finding easy baskets and getting himself going. That's what Michael did in his sleep so that's why the comparison is wrong."

Barkley here saying "the media told this guy he was Jordan when he's really Pippen or maybe Magic"
    https://youtu.be/iKxijrxFJvk

Good point, now here's Barkley contradicting himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXYtffSwJcM
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think LBJ gets more hate than he gets love.

other than me and my bro, i really dont know anyone who wanted him to win in the finals. granted chicago is a rival, but u look on facebook comments under sports pages n people i know from out of town it seems 90% of the country hates him. most of the remaining 10% come from the media and cleveland.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    We already knew that though... it's just that LeBron does Scottie Pippen better than Scottie Pippen.

Why did this post get 2 no-signs? Lol

I no-sign because I dont think Bron is a better point forward the Pippen.

Defensively the only player in their category I knew to cook Pip head-to head was Grant Hill. Melo stay cooking bron head-to-head, and Melo is no Grant Hill.

Im a fan of all 4 players game btw

Pippen never got buckets, or carried a squad like LeBron either.

So THREE nggas no-signed this. Yea, definitely an agenda here.

I know what yall are thinking, 'but but that ONE year, Scottie led the team in all categories!'

Yes, Pip avg a nice lil 23, 8, 6 something like that. If LeBron averages that as the best player on his team---IN HIS PRIME- -- he'd never hear the end.

Even if its only due to being stronger rather than skill, its still his attribute. So for that reason alone Bron gets buckets more than Pippen ever could or did. EASY.

So obviously we GET the comparison, but Lebron is better than Pippen , period. No need to give Pippen any moral victories

And Pip is my 2nd favorite player ever behind Mike. #objectivity
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pippen is criminally underrated

Eh, No...actually no, he's not. Name consistently in the same breath as the greatest. Considered an All time greatest defender, probably THE best wing defender. Point forward, you think of Pip. Predecessor of he modern 6'7 n up SF.

Yea, no. His legacy is good. He's rated appropriately
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading some of these posts remind me why I ain't in the cheap seats as much
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Lebron bias is at an all time high for a guy with no jumpshot, no 3 point shot and a excessive traveling habit. What team has Lebron carried? He carried a cavs teams to the finals early in his career when the East was even weaker then it was now. Pippen almost carried the Bulls himself to the finals if it wasn't for that phantom foul call on starks.
    I bet you lebron ? riders will say lebron got better defense then pippen to.....smh this is getting out of hand

smh.gif

Does this dumb ? even think before he types?

Lmmaaaaoooo!!

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading some of these posts remind me why I ain't in the cheap seats as much

Gotta post during the regular season, less trolls and agenda posting lls
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pippen still and will always have a chip on his shoulders