Scottie Pippen says he was 'LeBron James before LeBron James'

Comments

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Go figure wrote: »
    i think LBJ gets more hate than he gets love.

other than me and my bro, i really dont know anyone who wanted him to win in the finals. granted chicago is a rival, but u look on facebook comments under sports pages n people i know from out of town it seems 90% of the country hates him. most of the remaining 10% come from the media and cleveland.

I'll take you seriously. But really though???
    I'll admit that on his Miami decision he was critiqued too harshly for 2 years in Miami, until he won the ring.
    Other than that I have never seen a player in the history of the game receive so much love for so long. Magic, Bird and Jordan are probably the only players I've seen come close to that type of love/fandom.

But the reason Lebron's favortism tops theirs is because they had to WIN college championships or win NBA championships before the type of adoration Lebron was given in High School was given.
    Then using phrases like "you all have witnessed," "the king" before he even got a ring.
    Now it's the best player on the planet, they say this EVERY time like it's his last name.

Lebron wasn't even in the NBA and in High School I remember hearing about him like crazy and ESPN even showed his games on tv then. Then, his rookie year in the NBA coaches, Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley and even Cleveland ownership sat him down separately and told him to dominate the ball and stop passing and he had to shoot and the franchise was his.

Now to people, how many people who used to say there were Miami fans now were Cleveland fans? He been a part of 3 moves in the NBA (Cleveland then Miami then Cleveland). That should alienate a fan base. It did a little bit for him.
    Then He has the number one selling jersey. Who do you think is buying it?
    Then when he lost against San Antonio Spurs and Golden State the news the next day and fans on here on AHH (you know which ones) all they ? about was how great he was and how he should've, could've, would've won if, if, if. Even the news the next day with Stephen A, Chris Broussard, CNN and almost everybody gave more attention to Lebron James and his stats than they did to Golden State for winning.

• luke1733
    edited July 2015
    Maybe you're joking on people hating Lebron, cause for over 10 years (minus the 2 after 'the decision") this dude's been America's golden boy and the media's darling.

I don't even hear the media critique him at all (besides that white dude who sits across from Stephen A), even Jordan got critiqued in his game. The most they say about Lebron is "he should have shot that shot instead of passed." or "he looks fatigued."
    I'd say this year was the first year (since "the decision") I've seen people actually get tired of hearing about Lebron.

Overall Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Bird went through this phase: after you win sooo many titles or are seen as the face of the NBA for so long people get sick of hearing and seeing you. They don't even want to play with you (Kobe), instead they want to beat you (Kobe) or see you lose (Kobe). That's the curse of winning. The Dark Knight/Batman. They love you to hate you (Michael Jackson). That's when the haters come. People get sick of watching the same person or team win.
    As for me, I really ain't got no problem with Bron, I don't ? know him, but I get sick of having to hear so much about him like their isn't a league and he's the only player.
    Then people saying stuff about certain aspects of his game that aren't true, just b/c he's the only player they've really been studying or watching for 10 years.
    It's like saying Prince is a rip off of Jimi Hendrix because you never heard Carlos Santana play the guitar.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever been on social media or internet forums after his losses in the finals?

I'm questioning if you live under a rock luke
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know the media loves lebron, no arguments there

im not talking about 2 seasons ago or his rookie year im talking about this season that just ended. from my perspective, it was very rare to find someone, in chicago at least, who wasnt hell bent on him losing. the media always covers the biggest superstar, before lebron and after lebron. He doesn't get special treatment that past superstars didnt.
    after you win sooo many titles or are seen as the face of the NBA for so long people get sick of hearing and seeing you. They don't even want to play with you (Kobe), instead they want to beat you (Kobe) or see you lose (Kobe). That's the curse of winning. The Dark Knight/Batman. They love you to hate you (Michael Jackson). That's when the haters come.

The first nba fans to love hating LBJ were the ? kobe fans. they didnt wanna see another player win.
  • luke1733
    edited July 2015
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Have you ever been on social media or internet forums after his losses in the finals?

Mere fact you exist is proof of the undying support dude gets.
    Convincing you is like trying to convince a white man he's privileged who's in denial.
    Go suck his ? .
    Social media ain't the ? espn reporters on tv. They don't critique him (besides saying he's tired or he should have shot that).
    It's no where near the damn critiquing Jordan, Iverson, hell even Sprewell used to get.
    YOUR Boy Lebron gets all the Love, now you want to say he's also the most hated???
    Privileged folks always want to make it seem as if they faced adversity and struggle the same as someone else who really went through ? . (except for when he left Cleveland the first time)

Can't have it both ways and I'm calling you out for it. that's why i'm writing this.

What the ? you want, everybody to praise him and love him???
    Then your ass would get jealous cause someone else is kissing your Daddy like Lil Wayne.
    Until this year, the love for James in the NBA and majority on social media was (except, like I keep saying for the one year he made that "decision" in Miami) all for Lebron. A person could barely critique him even in public without 5 stans taking up for dude.
    ? it. If you love him you love him and you just gonna hate who ever says anything not great about him and think the world is against him. As a person who really don't give a ? about him, but does get sick of y'all dickriders i can tell you the media Adores him, the NBA has let him get away with a ton of ? , the people are finally just now in 2015 getting tired of seeing everyone including coop9889 ignoring all his ? and trying to recruit fans after 10 or 12 years of looking at his same dunk, great rebounding and leadership, boring dribbles, NBA's first recruiting agent for other Hall of famers to play with.
    You and everyone that makes that comment about people hating Lebron must be dumb as hell or if you're not dumb I give you the excuse for (having to wait 15 years for Kobe's career to die because you hated his ass or) that or just being a young person who he's actually the greatest you've ever seen and the greatest to play for the past 8 years.
    Proof of the Love for Lebron:
    1stAllhiphop.com Stan's who emoji every critique anyone says about Lebron
    2nd nbatv
    3rd ESPN (all their reporters except white dude Skip)
    4th the amount of people buying his jersey
    5th all the coverage (except in Oakland and SF) the day after Golden State wins the Finals was on Lebron (and nobody was blaming Lebron, instead they gave him coverage and exalted him)
    6th he really,really, almost got FINALS MVP for a series his team lost.
    7th on all the social media in the past 5 years sites for people talking about the greatest NBA players EVER to play the game he's in most people's top 5. These are damn reporters doing this.

8th all the individuals on SOCIAL MEDIA that find every stat Lebron is great at and compare only those stats and games to other great players to prove the fact (a fact nobody denies) that he's great.

If it wasn't for people who can put his legacy in perspective (some haters) then y'all would be saying he's the greatest ever (and yeah I know coop don't say he's the greatest, but dude defends folks that just critique him. You responding to me who just says dude gets a lot of love and you take offense to that. Man you must love that ? ? more than you even know.)

It's alright coop0889 to have that

THUGGIN LOVE. Just admit it ? .
    You love this dude and you ain't even gonna let it be known. Come out the closet.
    The media says it's okay to be what you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FxEZLj3PKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OElByh0bJM
  • luke1733
    edited July 2015
    Go figure wrote: »
    i know the media loves lebron, no arguments there

im not talking about 2 seasons ago or his rookie year im talking about this season that just ended. from my perspective, it was very rare to find someone, in chicago at least, who wasnt hell bent on him losing. the media always covers the biggest superstar, before lebron and after lebron. He doesn't get special treatment that past superstars didnt.
    after you win sooo many titles or are seen as the face of the NBA for so long people get sick of hearing and seeing you. They don't even want to play with you (Kobe), instead they want to beat you (Kobe) or see you lose (Kobe). That's the curse of winning. The Dark Knight/Batman. They love you to hate you (Michael Jackson). That's when the haters come.

The first nba fans to love hating LBJ were the ? kobe fans. they didnt wanna see another player win.

He gets special treatment. I'm telling you he does. Ain't noone really gonna deny that; I guess except you.
    You can't touch him or it's a foul and that's not as bad as how the REFS never call foul on him when he hacks players, he never walk even when taking 4 steps, the entire NBA and its affiliates never report on his negative character attributes like cussing out his mom on camera, cussing out teammate and threatening to fight Mario chalmers in the finals, bumping his Miami coach purposefully hard and forcing him out his way, semi-being the reason D-Wade just lost a lot of money, recruiting players to play with him season after season, getting coaches fired, and I'm tired of writing so I'll leave it at that.

I just wrote alot earlier to that coop dude (another stan) so I'll stay short with you.

Lebron fans can be summarized like this:

1st-People who hated and waited 15 years for Kobe to stop winning championships or being in the Finals
    (and had to root for the Spurs, Celtics or Detroit or y'all just stopped watching the NBA altogether until Lebron. Admit it. You know it's true. Come on, come on, you can do it....say it. I can hear you stutter:
    "I hated K...O....B...e")
    2nd-People who Lebron was really the only mega-superstar in the NBA they've seen dominate the game for the past 8 years and are too young to have actually been able to understand the game (from players setting picks, moves chosen, place in history etcetera) and witness other players contributions.
    3rd-People who like to watch a ball dominant player run isolations for a game and a willing passer and overrall a great player and find his style entertaining.

Lebron haters can be summarized like this
    :
    1st-People who watched the media scorn Kobe and almost put him in prison just because he ? on Shaq, then turn around and praise an 18 year old as the GREATEST before he won 1 title and then compare him as BETTER than a dude who won 5.
    2nd- People who are studying and students of the game and get mad at how easy the game comes for Lebron and how you can't mimick or study 6'8 288lbs and just running people over.
    3rd-People who actually like teams besides the one that Lebron is on and hate seeing him beat their team year after year.
    4th- People who are tired of every NBA story for the past 8 years being about Lebron, even when he loses championships.
    5th-People who want to say he's the GREATEST ever
    6th-People that find his moves to get past a player boring

Let me clear things up and give the man credit. This is what people often don't do.
    I'm not being hard on him, I'm critiquing him. Before I make folks emojii or cry
    1-His game in the past 2 years has risen to epic levels.
    2-He takes on social issues such as Trayvon in ways that he doesn't have to and he pioneers it. He's an activist.
    3-His image is clean and he's a good role model
    4-He is worthy of the current praise he receives and has been the best and most dominant player in the game for the past 7 or 8 years.
    5-The NBA probably won't see another player like him in a long time (Oscar Robertson was the last time)
    6-He brought in something to the NBA nobody ever saw before and that was a player getting together with other players not on his team in the off-season and orchestrating their contracts and sacrificing their careers and money so they could play together and win a championship. He was the NBA's first player Recruiter/Agent. His name should be 007.
    7-For his size we have never seen (unless ur 60 and remember Oscar Robertson) a guy with his size and athletic ability dominate the game as a Point Forward (Scottie Pippen)the way he does with his strength, determination, stamina, smarts and skill.
    8-He is a student of the game
    9-teammates generally seem to like him as a person

10-He had placed on him unbelievably hard expectations projected on him, and that's unfair, and he met and exceeded all expectations that were put on him since his rookie year. thats an accomplishment. only player i remember since his high school days with that pressure was kevin garnett
    I can critique him also, but y'all just get mad when I do that ? . So I'll leave this post to giving him credit.
  • Go figure
    Lol bruh look at your responses, that says it all
  • luke1733
    edited July 2015
    that was the whole point, to give every side. Go figure. I give the man credit and you still mad? Read that former line again gofigure.
    I'm making basketball points and u brining feelings to it.
    That was one of the main points I make.
    I might type too much ? (I'll admit that) but the ? 's right and on point.
    You wanted a response, so I gave it. I type fast and type alot. I'd gladly talk about Pippen, Steph Curry, Dwight or some other players.
    What about the unfair treatment D-Rose has received? There other players, but since this thread is on Bron I stayed on point.
  • Go figure
    u sound pretty passionate about this topic, ima let u do u
  • coop9889
    Holyshit ? you just said a lot of ? just to be wrong.

You just said Lebron doesn't get any hate. All I implied was that you were wrong, and laughably so. Absolutely nothing to do with if I feel it's deserved or not. You imagining things and making ? up.

If you don't think a shitload of ? hate LeBron you must watch all games by yourself and have no social media apps and watch espn on mute.

Which, judging by the amount of time you put into them posts, you living the hermit life wouldn't be too farfetched.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • luke1733
    edited July 2015
    Coop,
    But if you talking back to me as I respond to you what's that make you???
    Coop9889 you don't make no sense and a hypocrite.

I enjoy touching y'all weak feathers coop. You named yourself after a fuckn pigeon coop? Bird ? , really?
    I'm just gonna call you ? .
    Ok ? ? You getting mad cause I call your BS.

This thread might as well get closed cause We are way off topic now.

It's all fun. U respond as u want.
    I type a lot cause I'm at work and I get paid to write and research, so the ? 's easy for me. E/thing i type on ahh is long; it's called supporting an argument. One of y'all presents an argument then get feelings when someone calls you out.
    Back on topic for which I'm tired of now & probably won't speak on this thread no more:

Here's the response from others on LBJ since ain't nothing I say going to show you:
    HERE's how I make a point and prove me right and you Wrong.
    David Aldridge:there's no question in my mind that LBJ is getting more positive coverage this season in the playoffs than in previous seasons.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/11/nba-finals-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-media

In case you didn't know: you just been ethered Coop.
  • luke1733
    edited July 2015
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html
    http://espn.go.com/columns/bilas_jay/1477784.html
    http://www.shermanreport.com/espn-com-to-bulk-up-on-lebron-james-coverage-in-cleveland/
    http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/11/nba-finals-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-media
    http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-coverage-is-too-much-070610
    http://thefieldsofgreen.com/2014/07/11/lebron-james-move-could-signify-new-nba-business-model/
    Coop,
    Stop getting so touchy cause Lebron gets so much media love, He deserves the love. He's worked for it and he's the best player, so he should be loved. It's not a bad thing, it's just some people are tired of it, but we know his ? aka coop9889 get mad when someone talks about their man, so........gofigure.
    I'm through on this, but those links already on this topic.
    Main point is there's a huge difference btw some people making meme's and jokes (and you say it's hate) vs the professional industry of sports writers/sports analysts/news outlets actually saying hurtful things and lies on other players/thus taking money out of someone's pocket and effecting their career.
    Besides that one year he made that Decision, he hasn't received real hate like that in his career.
    Other players have got some hate for not passing the ball to sorry teammates; and on that I'm talking about Jordan---since this thread was supposed to be about Pippen/Lebron
    Ultimately
    I'm on fairness, and James hasn't really received a fair amount of professional analysts negative criticism after his rookie year. That's the point. But I get that other point,about the people who watch the game or fans finally responding by saying they're sick of all the favortism and the coverage; and since the media won't voice these people's feeling, the people's voice got louder and now Coopbitch is sick of what he thinks he's hearing.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scottie pippen is scottie pippen, he shouldnt have to say ? like "i was lebron james before...." ? u certified.

Post of the thread.
  • coop9889
    tumblr_m5snerbM4N1r9mp3g.gif

Normally I'm down for a debate, but you're all over the place and don't even have a real point to your titangraphs. Absolutely zero focus. We'd probably end up debating 7 different points.

Judging by what you consider ether, I'd easily destroy you though. Hell, none of those links even support "lebron gets more positive media coverage this season than any other". Some were from before the season even started.

You remain a Grade D- debator and a Grade A troll.

Carry on.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    We already knew that though... it's just that LeBron does Scottie Pippen better than Scottie Pippen.

Why did this post get 2 no-signs? Lol

I no-sign because I dont think Bron is a better point forward the Pippen.

Defensively the only player in their category I knew to cook Pip head-to head was Grant Hill. Melo stay cooking bron head-to-head, and Melo is no Grant Hill.

Im a fan of all 4 players game btw

Both Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway are heavily slept on. People act like they were scrubs because injuries destroyed their careers...
  • Peace_79
    804 wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    We already knew that though... it's just that LeBron does Scottie Pippen better than Scottie Pippen.

Why did this post get 2 no-signs? Lol

I no-sign because I dont think Bron is a better point forward the Pippen.

Defensively the only player in their category I knew to cook Pip head-to head was Grant Hill. Melo stay cooking bron head-to-head, and Melo is no Grant Hill.

Im a fan of all 4 players game btw

Pippen never got buckets, or carried a squad like LeBron either.

LOL at the nosigns - this is an indisputable fact.
  • Peace_79
    edited July 2015
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Lebron bias is at an all time high for a guy with no jumpshot, no 3 point shot and a excessive traveling habit. What team has Lebron carried?

Uhh... every Finals Team he has been on...

-? Cavs
    -Heat X4 (Name a player outside of Wade and Bosh that would make the Bulls Roster in the 90s)
    -? , banged up Cavs

Pippen almost carried the Bulls himself to the finals

You comparing that Bulls team to this year's Cavs team?

BTW, Lebron is definitely not a better defender than Pippen was - but he is no slouch.
  • Peace_79
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Exactly Ghost....this site is mind boggling when it comes to sports opinions....Lebron is the most overhyped manufactured athlete of besides peyton manning. Lebron had Kyrie till game 2 of the finals...don't act like he carried that team by himself...Thompson was grabbing boards out of his mind, JR Smith was streaky but effective, Schumpert has good D and Mozgov was dominating under the rim on offense and defense....The hell you ? talking about. Lebron need Wade and Bosh 2 all stars to get rings LMAO

You right... Peyton Manning is garbage...

And no other HOFamer in NBA history won titles with All Stars on their team ...
  • Peace_79
    luke1733 wrote: »
    coop9889 wrote: »

Mere fact you exist is proof of the undying support dude gets.
    Convincing you is like trying to convince a white man he's privileged who's in denial.
    Go suck his ? .
    Social media ain't the ? espn reporters on tv. They don't critique him (besides saying he's tired or he should have shot that).
    It's no where near the damn critiquing Jordan, Iverson, hell even Sprewell used to get.
    YOUR Boy Lebron gets all the Love, now you want to say he's also the most hated???
    Privileged folks always want to make it seem as if they faced adversity and struggle the same as someone else who really went through ? . (except for when he left Cleveland the first time)

Can't have it both ways and I'm calling you out for it. that's why i'm writing this.

What the ? you want, everybody to praise him and love him???
    Then your ass would get jealous cause someone else is kissing your Daddy like Lil Wayne.
    Until this year, the love for James in the NBA and majority on social media was (except, like I keep saying for the one year he made that "decision" in Miami) all for Lebron. A person could barely critique him even in public without 5 stans taking up for dude.
    ? it. If you love him you love him and you just gonna hate who ever says anything not great about him and think the world is against him. As a person who really don't give a ? about him, but does get sick of y'all dickriders i can tell you the media Adores him, the NBA has let him get away with a ton of ? , the people are finally just now in 2015 getting tired of seeing everyone including coop9889 ignoring all his ? and trying to recruit fans after 10 or 12 years of looking at his same dunk, great rebounding and leadership, boring dribbles, NBA's first recruiting agent for other Hall of famers to play with.
    You and everyone that makes that comment about people hating Lebron must be dumb as hell or if you're not dumb I give you the excuse for (having to wait 15 years for Kobe's career to die because you hated his ass or) that or just being a young person who he's actually the greatest you've ever seen and the greatest to play for the past 8 years.
    Proof of the Love for Lebron:
    1stAllhiphop.com Stan's who emoji every critique anyone says about Lebron
    2nd nbatv
    3rd ESPN (all their reporters except white dude Skip)
    4th the amount of people buying his jersey
    5th all the coverage (except in Oakland and SF) the day after Golden State wins the Finals was on Lebron (and nobody was blaming Lebron, instead they gave him coverage and exalted him)
    6th he really,really, almost got FINALS MVP for a series his team lost.
    7th on all the social media in the past 5 years sites for people talking about the greatest NBA players EVER to play the game he's in most people's top 5. These are damn reporters doing this.

8th all the individuals on SOCIAL MEDIA that find every stat Lebron is great at and compare only those stats and games to other great players to prove the fact (a fact nobody denies) that he's great.

If it wasn't for people who can put his legacy in perspective (some haters) then y'all would be saying he's the greatest ever (and yeah I know coop don't say he's the greatest, but dude defends folks that just critique him. You responding to me who just says dude gets a lot of love and you take offense to that. Man you must love that ? ? more than you even know.)

It's alright coop0889 to have that

THUGGIN LOVE. Just admit it ? .
    You love this dude and you ain't even gonna let it be known. Come out the closet.
    The media says it's okay to be what you are.

32197192.jpg

But if you trying to say people dont overwhelming hate Lebron... YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now Grant hill and Penny are slept on...

I dont knoooow , i feel like they're names are 1 and 2 in best players ever robbed by injuries. Like, all time, ever
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    200w.gif

This thread all over the place
  • Peace_79
    S2J wrote: »

I dont know , i feel like they're names are 1 and 2 in best players ever robbed by injuries. Like, all time, ever

Lol. That may be the truth and true basketball heads know that. But, in most circles that I have been on the net, most folks act like those guys weren't bout nothing cuz of their respective careers. ? are driven by stats nowadays, bruh. The career stats for those guys aren't very impressive, given their injuries.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »

I dont know , i feel like they're names are 1 and 2 in best players ever robbed by injuries. Like, all time, ever

Lol. That may be the truth and true basketball heads know that. But, in most circles that I have been on the net, most folks act like those guys weren't bout nothing cuz of their respective careers. ? are driven by stats nowadays, bruh. The career stats for those guys aren't very impressive, given their injuries.

Yep, they don't check the player playing, all stats, kind of like in the music industry how much money they make
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coop coming in here with his Lebron propaganda again