"African"-American female “flagger” says Confederate flag isn’t about race:“Slavery was a choice”

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when you are socialized in the south, on second thought there is no excuse for this
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like I tell my white supremacist buddies: if Blacks didn't want to be enslaved they should have chose not to be born black.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slavery was a choice. alot of people was wilfully slaves ( jusr like today) then u had the rebels who fought against.

not only black people was slaves, but the black race are the ones who cooperate with slavery more than other races so we stayed in physical slavery the longest.. & r willfully in modern day slavery today..

slavery was.actually started by blacks.. it was black on.black slavery and white on white.. then that started racial slavery.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUClEN wrote: »
    It's like I tell my white supremacist buddies: if Blacks didn't want to be enslaved they should have chose not to be born black.

Totally bro.

If its members are not strong enough to stop themselves from being enslaved, a group is merely fulfilling its natural order in the hierarchy as slaves. It is what nature intended.

/notsrs

Also for the Ray Charles(s) among us, like the lovely lady in the OP...

From confederate leadership:
    “Our new government is founded… upon the great truth that the ? is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth…”
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One voice like this woman silently destroys thousands of others who claims that the flag is a symbol of hate.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Just a confused black woman

Nothing to see here folks.

slept on post
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No diss, but why even post this stupid ? thoughts on the IC?? We already know its an abundance of ? out here, no need to give them more attention.

Know your enemy. Just because we the same skin tone don't mean we of the same mind
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people type that they're being sarcastic it ruins the Sarcasm.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slavery was a choice. alot of people was wilfully slaves ( jusr like today) then u had the rebels who fought against.

not only black people was slaves, but the black race are the ones who cooperate with slavery more than other races so we stayed in physical slavery the longest.. & r willfully in modern day slavery today..

slavery was.actually started by blacks.. it was black on.black slavery and white on white.. then that started racial slavery.

you should not present this misinformation and nonsense as fact. You are being disrespectful to your ancestors and emboldening other uneducated ppl. you should be ashamed of yourself.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She says slavery was a choice ..... either slavery or death? ! ..then she goes into how she a slave to the government ..... wtf .... my 1st question would be why hasn't she killed herself yet? ! Smh @ the sheep
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were over 200 slave rebellions before Nat Turner and people forget the damn Seminole Wars(There is no tribe called Seminole) and the Generals kept repeating which you can research their own damn quotes where they kept saying this is not an indian war, but a ? and said repeat etc etc. Black folk been fighting in the new world for a long time. ? outta here coonette.

Plus prisoners of war and identured servants who owed debts were not chattel, but people paying back their debt to society or to their debtor through labor and still got paid for it and were let free after a few years of paying back their debts. Chattel slavery was another whole beast and that's something Europeans and a lot of Arabs like to do.
  • BrazilianHairMoney

you should not present this misinformation and nonsense as fact. You are being disrespectful to your ancestors and emboldening other uneducated ppl. you should be ashamed of yourself.

no this is the truth. i researched properly. blacks were not the only slaves.. & slavery was the law so alot of slaves was by free will but some rebelled and change the law.

i dont have that low self esteem in being black because i dont believe lies. i know the truth. every race was a part of slavery...

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Brother_Five

no this is the truth. i researched properly. blacks were not the only slaves.. & slavery was the law so alot of slaves was by free will but some rebelled and change the law.

i dont have that low self esteem in being black because i dont believe lies. i know the truth. every race was a part of slavery...

My last post was as respectful as I will be. This is what happens when ppl discount the value of formal education. Its disgusting.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

2015-06-15-20-54-48--1972210460_zpsyz9ko2rx.jpeg

images-1_zpsiehakuwu.jpeg
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

My last post was as respectful as I will be. This is what happens when ppl discount the value of formal education. Its disgusting.

Formal education says that during the time periods when blacks were prominent tribal leaders, they enslaved other black people centuries before a white man was ever in their site. This is a fact that has even been stated by black historians like Ibn Battuta, the Moroccan explorer, and it is easily verified if you read a book about ancient tribal customs in Africa. In sub-Saharan Africa, Africans even did things with slaves that were not common when whites started enslaving blacks; some African tribes regularly enslaved other black people so that they could use them in human sacrifice rituals. Blacks still owned slaves on a major level in Africa decades after the last slave was freed in America, and right now groups like Boko Haram are still enslaving people in Africa.

Also, blacks used to enslave white people. Look up the Barbary slave trade, and you'll see that blacks used to enslave Europeans and make Europeans pay tribute to them in North Africa. Blacks used to have slave markets for whites, like whites had for blacks in America.

• Brother_Five
    antoseeg wrote: »

Formal education says that during the time periods when blacks were prominent tribal leaders, they enslaved other black people centuries before a white man was ever in their site. This is a fact that has even been stated by black historians like Ibn Battuta, the Moroccan explorer, and it is easily verified if you read a book about ancient tribal customs in Africa. In sub-Saharan Africa, Africans even did things with slaves that were not common when whites started enslaving blacks; some African tribes regularly enslaved other black people so that they could use them in human sacrifice rituals. Blacks still owned slaves on a major level in Africa decades after the last slave was freed in America, and right now groups like Boko Haram are still enslaving people in Africa.

Also, blacks used to enslave white people. Look up the Barbary slave trade, and you'll see that blacks used to enslave Europeans and make Europeans pay tribute to them in North Africa. Blacks used to have slave markets for whites, like whites had for blacks in America.

? u. that ? bird brain said way more than 'black ppl had slaves'. go suck a ? members ? instead of typing at me ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She shouldnt even bee rebutted with a well thought out reply.. ? that ?
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm putting u ignore! I'm sick of ya ?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh slavery is a choice?! Well when I go to work 2mar I will tell my manager that I want $900 in my hand then tell them I am taking the day off.

• antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    There were over 200 slave rebellions before Nat Turner and people forget the damn Seminole Wars(There is no tribe called Seminole) and the Generals kept repeating which you can research their own damn quotes where they kept saying this is not an indian war, but a ? and said repeat etc etc. Black folk been fighting in the new world for a long time. ? outta here coonette.

Plus prisoners of war and identured servants who owed debts were not chattel, but people paying back their debt to society or to their debtor through labor and still got paid for it and were let free after a few years of paying back their debts. Chattel slavery was another whole beast and that's something Europeans and a lot of Arabs like to do.

The phrase "Slave rebellion" is misleading, because there has never been a full slave rebellion in America. According to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 10.7 million slaves came to America, but Nat Turner led one of the largest groups of slaves against white people, and records say that he only had about 70 slaves with him.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its a matter of certain black ppl going out if their way to not feel like followers. They'll do and say anything to go against the grain, to Prove he or she is an individual and not a part of a monolith.

The "Im not voting for Obama just because he's black" crowd. We all know someone who felt that way. That's cool until those feelings devolve into "Slavery was a choice". Ppl who demonstrate that type of ignorance cant be salvaged. They have been conditioned to make excuses for their oppressors no matter what history has proven..
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meester wrote: »
    Oh slavery is a choice?! Well when I go to work 2mar I will tell my manager that I want $900 in my hand then tell them I am taking the day off.
    Slavery is a choice. Yup
    Just because u r in ? , it means u have to stay in ? . Nope

Everybody got choices
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    iron man1 wrote: »

2015-06-15-20-54-48--1972210460_zpsyz9ko2rx.jpeg

images-1_zpsiehakuwu.jpeg

i dont go around with the we were slaves complex. blacks wasnt the only slaves. im not feeling sorry 4 our race... when we get sick and tired we make a change!

there are more people in the race that do not fight against injustice they go along with the
    antoseeg wrote: »

thanks. maybe they understand u.