NYC ? detective unlawfully stops a Blk man takes his ID,Then starts to swing on him when asks why

Options

Comments

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Supposedly the guy had dropped had dropped a knife before video starts. Not defending the cop but just putting some context. Not every black person is innocent of the crime there accused. Again I'm not defending the cop.

If a pocket knife is 6in or under u can't be arrested
    I have a 14in switch blade now if I was caught with that then I could be arrested
    Although I think the fact that they sell knifes like that in gas stations is B.S
    Why sell it if I can get arrested for it
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Supposedly the guy had dropped had dropped a knife before video starts. Not defending the cop but just putting some context. Not every black person is innocent of the crime there accused. Again I'm not defending the cop.

having a pocket knife should not be an arrestable offense... they don't treat citizens in other places like that.
    its ? Broken Windows policing that they only use on blacks and latinos.

Certain pocket knives are illegal and an arrestable offense. I believe its based on the length of the blade.

? like that is a major ? problem

I know.
    I'm saying that u shouldn't be able to walk up to a citizen and rob them of their liberty because they are in possession of a pocket knife.
    the theory is that them punching that man in the face and arresting him will somehow make the neighborhood safer.
    it won't. what it does is create an atmosphere of mistrust and hostility.
    it also costs resources.

I agreed with your other post just like I do with this one.

Thing is most real cops who have common sense would've just taken dude knife ran his name if no warrants go on about the rest of your day. But you get ? ass cops like this one who on the ? and then we get situations like Eric Garner and what just happen to this dude.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    That black cop is full of ? .....

The victim should be able to get some paper out of NYPD....

However this leads to other questions.....

Why don't we police our own communities????

Because the police terrorism has left the community with a ? the police mentality....

The people that they bring in don't know the community and are afraid...

And the ? becomes cyclical......

How do we get more people from the hood to go back and police areas that are similar to where they come from?????

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    h8rhurta wrote: »
    mike06 wrote: »
    damn....so the police clearly learned NOTHING from the Eric Garner situation?

smh....since when did police have the right to openly swing on civilians?

He had backup and a gun. That's what a majority of them rely on. It's easy to intimidate someone when they possess no real threat to you. If you took away their gun and had them do the same job, 95% of them would quit. They're one missed paycheck from being on the other side with the people they mistreat.

C/S the bold. They wouldn't have the heart or courage to step to people the way they do. Cowards.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well thats what happens when u ? with The Mob.

Gangstas dont play. He must've owed them mon-- Oh wait, thats the police?

Smh
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaaaaaaa maaaaay Ziiiiing Grraaaaccccee
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tha'ts being attcked by the police
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

having a pocket knife should not be an arrestable offense... they don't treat citizens in other places like that.
    its ? Broken Windows policing that they only use on blacks and latinos.

Whats that @Brother_Five
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got dayum.

I mean he didnt have a taser or something? Just getting into a brawl in broad daylight?

? crazy.

But yo people gotta understand you dont fight police on the street you fight then in court.

You will NEVER win on the street!!
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Trillfate iys the theory NYPD use to justify their proactive methods...
    If u heavily enforce minor offenses (selling loosies, playing loud music) u can reduce the likelihood of more serious crimes... Asinine right? Right
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been arrested plenty of times and the police never just took my ID, put it in they pocket and arrested me without telling me what for

I wish he would have knocked that ? ass cracka out
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    entrapment 101

things like this will continue in a stolen land run by white people
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to see what happened before the parrot started filming, for all we know the officer could have read him his rights for the knife, it looks like the guy was resisting arrest, the cop was trying to cuff him he even said "let me do my job" but still the guy resisted, cop got ? off and took a swing, he prob felt embarrassed that the bigger guy was controling the situation, cop did him a favour not pulling his gun out, that women officer needs to find a new career.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to see what happened before the parrot started filming, for all we know the officer could have read him his rights for the knife, it looks like the guy was resisting arrest, the cop was trying to cuff him he even said "let me do my job" but still the guy resisted, cop got ? off and took a swing, he prob felt embarrassed that the bigger guy was controling the situation, cop did him a favour not pulling his gun out, that women officer needs to find a new career.

Why did he keep his ID tho
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

An officer doesn't need a person ID to make an arrest so everything after the bold is utter ?
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ppl need to stop using law and protocol as justification for ? .
    Wrong is wrong and they need to change...
    The standard for taking away someone's freedom needs to be higher...
    They don't do this to everyone. They do this to blacks and Latinos...
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    again this comes to officers wanting to control people instead of the situation....

he couldn't even explain to the man why they were stopping him or searching him, once he realized the man was irritated with the search he was looking for a chance to get physical.....

they police with adrenaline....? 's not needed

This ? right here.......this ? right here ? .....EXACTLY!
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wheres all the if you comply with police they will respect you posters at ?

@A Talented One
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The police clearly give zero ? whether they are being video taped or not.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Ppl need to stop using law and protocol as justification for ? .
    Wrong is wrong and they need to change...
    The standard for taking away someone's freedom needs to be higher...
    They don't do this to everyone. They do this to blacks and Latinos...
    I agree but stop lumping Latinos with blacks. Because they don't give a ? about our issues.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was the definition of ? ? . You can't tell me police ain't another gang, they just have the law on their side. Y'all saw how they mobbed homie, that's gang ? .
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just saw this ? this morning...
    between this and grading papers on policing... I'm ? ... think I'll write a paper about the myth of the "hero cop'...

Yeaaa that will show THEM!