NYC ? detective unlawfully stops a Blk man takes his ID,Then starts to swing on him when asks why

124»

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cop thinks it's South Africa during Apartheid. It's disgusting when it's one of your own committing atrocities like this with no justification at all.

Spread the video everywhere. Post on your grams, twiiters, and Facebook. I refuse to let this cop get away with this.

He'll get his wakeup call soon enough......at the hands of his own "brothers."

Some black cops don't realize that when they're out of uniform, they're just looked at as any other potential perp.
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not saying the cop acted like a professional, I am simply saying the guy was resisting arrest, the cop COULD have read him his rights before the camera started rolling, as for pocketing the ID I don't know, maybe somebody that knows more about the law can tell us if it's legal for a cop to pocket ID when placing somebody under arrest? you guys are so blinded by your hate for cops you are not willing to try and see the bigger picture, I could be wrong and the cop could be ? .
  • willywanker
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »

Some officers over here do carry guns and some even let the power go to their head and victimise people just like any where else in the world, this is the problem with some americans you seem to think america is the only place with these issues, face facts ? that man was resisting arrest I don't need to be black and living in america to see that, this one time a cop busted my friends head open and he never did ? wrong, and guess what? he was white, now flag me if it makes you feel better.

I don`t know what to say about this. I don't know the whole situation and it's possible that you have a point but I don't think it was justified. He took his ID and didn't explain why he was searching or arresting him. I don't know if that's legal. He didn't try to put him in cuffs by force, he actually swung at him. He threw punches at someone who was non-violently trying to avoid him. Whether or not you're 'allowed' to resist an arrest, you're hitting someone who hasn't shown himself to be a threat to you. This itself might not be a point but I can't see him doing that to a woman or even someone as scrawny as me (if he did, it would look all the worse to most people). I just can't see it being police protocol to punch someone who's nervously trying to walk away in their face. It looked like he had the chance after one of his blows and he didn't even attempt it (if I'm remembering right). In my opinion, he should have explained why he was being searched and placed under arrest (which he might have) and then he and his partner should have tried to restrain him and force him into cuffs (assuming the arrest was justified to begin with) and if he fought back, then maybe he'd have been justified in 'defending' himself and using force to place him in handcuffs but not starting with punches like some planned schoolyard fight. He looked more like a boxer than a cop, the way he was actually getting ready to punch someone who was avoiding him in their face.

I agreed with the rest of your post. (Some) police abuse their authority everywhere and it isn't always racially motivated.
    cop got ? off and took a swing, he prob felt embarrassed that the bigger guy was controling the situation,

That's not professional.

Edit : I don't know why some people think that you have a moral obligation to submit to a wrongful arrest (or even obey all laws, for that matter).

See this guy gets it.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »

Some officers over here do carry guns and some even let the power go to their head and victimise people just like any where else in the world, this is the problem with some americans you seem to think america is the only place with these issues, face facts ? that man was resisting arrest I don't need to be black and living in america to see that, this one time a cop busted my friends head open and he never did ? wrong, and guess what? he was white, now flag me if it makes you feel better.

I don`t know what to say about this. I don't know the whole situation and it's possible that you have a point but I don't think it was justified. He took his ID and didn't explain why he was searching or arresting him. I don't know if that's legal. He didn't try to put him in cuffs by force, he actually swung at him. He threw punches at someone who was non-violently trying to avoid him. Whether or not you're 'allowed' to resist an arrest, you're hitting someone who hasn't shown himself to be a threat to you. This itself might not be a point but I can't see him doing that to a woman or even someone as scrawny as me (if he did, it would look all the worse to most people). I just can't see it being police protocol to punch someone who's nervously trying to walk away in their face. It looked like he had the chance after one of his blows and he didn't even attempt it (if I'm remembering right). In my opinion, he should have explained why he was being searched and placed under arrest (which he might have) and then he and his partner should have tried to restrain him and force him into cuffs (assuming the arrest was justified to begin with) and if he fought back, then maybe he'd have been justified in 'defending' himself and using force to place him in handcuffs but not starting with punches like some planned schoolyard fight. He looked more like a boxer than a cop, the way he was actually getting ready to punch someone who was avoiding him in their face.

I agreed with the rest of your post. (Some) police abuse their authority everywhere and it isn't always racially motivated.
    cop got ? off and took a swing, he prob felt embarrassed that the bigger guy was controling the situation,

That's not professional.

Edit : I don't know why some people think that you have a moral obligation to submit to a wrongful arrest (or even obey all laws, for that matter).

See this guy gets it.

He used a lot more words to say the same ? I did. And he didn't call you a pink-faced cave dweller.

Your reading comprehension is ? .

• willywanker
    edited July 2015
    You don't like me much do you.
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not saying the cop acted like a professional, I am simply saying the guy was resisting arrest, the cop COULD have read him his rights before the camera started rolling, as for pocketing the ID I don't know, maybe somebody that knows more about the law can tell us if it's legal for a cop to pocket ID when placing somebody under arrest? you guys are so blinded by your hate for cops you are not willing to try and see the bigger picture, I could be wrong and the cop could be ? .

its justified, have you ever been detained, subsequently arrested and charges filed against you ? your stance doesnt lead me to believe you can relate.
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sometimes confused by some post on here, most people where im from dont want handcuffs put on them and resist because they know you already lost once a cop has his sights set on you. there really is no complying, and "doing it the right" way, the law wasnt made for your black ass anyway.

they take you in, they put charges on you, and its your word against theirs, and your word means less off principle alone. theres hundreds of thousands of black men in this country that took plea deals cause they know they arent gonna win and really cant even afford lawyer fees.

look how many of yall automatically assume he had a knife on him cause that light skin ? said he did. what you think a judge gonna say ?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea ppl like you are clueless. The cop could've pulled out a gun and shot that man in the face point blank, and you'd be the one ? saying "um, well maybe the guy reached for his pocket. We simply don't know everything". Gtfoh. In what city does it require a cop to unlawfully stop someone and hold their ID ransom? That's illegal. Especially if you can't tell me why you're stopping me. You need a serious history lesson on police brutality in america fam
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't like me much do you.

You have two ears and one mouth and that doesn't mean much to people like you. We can go to the top of Kilamanjaro and scream about injustice and people like you just look at us funny and ask us what WE did wrong.

We go to great lengths to explain it to people like you and it's like we're speaking gibberish. We now have documented proof with videos and eyewitness accounts of the barbarous treatment we endure and people like you tell us, "Not all of us are like that." or, "You're overracting." or, "There's good cops out there." Yes, you are. No, we aren't. And no, there aren't.

We already know about Serpico and Tim Wise, but there's too many people like you that undermine what they've tried to do. People like you are incapable of the humility and empathy necessary to see things from our vantage point. And these days, the more people like you talk, the more ? off we become.
  • willywanker
    I was just giving my opinion on the video, we did not see everything something happened before the camera got switched on, I know there are bad cops theres stacks of videos online to prove it, your right I cannot relate because I do not see everything all I have is videos I have never stepped foot on American soil, lets just agree to disagree.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Supposedly the guy had dropped had dropped a knife before video starts. Not defending the cop but just putting some context. Not every black person is innocent of the crime there accused. Again I'm not defending the cop.

having a pocket knife should not be an arrestable offense... they don't treat citizens in other places like that.
    its ? Broken Windows policing that they only use on blacks and latinos.

Certain pocket knives are illegal and an arrestable offense. I believe its based on the length of the blade.

? like that is a major ? problem

pocket knives are a major ? problem? really? not guns, rapists, police brutalizing citizens and all the other foul ? that happens on a daily basis but pocket knives? ok...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I was just giving my opinion on the video, we did not see everything something happened before the camera got switched on, I know there are bad cops theres stacks of videos online to prove it, your right I cannot relate because I do not see everything all I have is videos I have never stepped foot on American soil, lets just agree to disagree.

No,you can only have an opinion when you have the experience and you never will.Your opinion is as valid as a doctor commenting on computer science,you are out of your expertise and those of us who live here and seen or been through the BS of cops know exactly what the cop did wrong.The video told all as we seen him assault that man,regardless of if he was resisting arrest.It goes deeper,but you are not worth explaining comment sense and U.S. law to.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reading these articles....

they trynna make it seem like he should be thankful they handled it like they did.......thats a problem
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so you know stop and frisk is in effect in NY but they want us to beleive the guy had aknife clipped to his pocket for people to see......knowing how many cops is in ny...he would have been asking for trouble.
    yea that makes sense.

why not just tell the guy....you have a knife and thats why we are arresting you.

i hate these ? cops that think they get a pass because they have a badge.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    See this guy gets it.

>"See this guy gets it."
    >"See this guy gets it."
    >"See this guy gets it."

What an absolute saltine.