When did Big Show and Kane become stale and boring?

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lets face both these are stale and need to leave but when did they become stale?

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When they got fat and old
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kane got wack to me when he lost his mask, some say his last title reign was cool but i missed most of that anyway

big slow was boring his first few years in wwe, then cool when he was with heyman, then years of boredom and garbage, but i thought he was doin aight in the title picture a few years ago, needed to retire after that.
  • mikelewis2
    mikelewis2 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Options
    Kane is walking around like he wants to sell me insurance after a match. Big Show flips so many times he can't possibly get over. In essence, booking and writers killed whatever presence they had.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Kane was dope before and after the first unmasking but after that every time a Kane match is on I turn the channel. Matter fact he ain't been Kane in a loooong time. That's Glen.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never liked the fact that they took his mask off in the first place, but he was still alright for a while after the first time. The second time they gave it back to him and then had him take if off again was just stupid, imo. Kane's been a joke a minute now though.

I remember him even getting his ass whooped years ago by the NXT rookies before they became Nexus. I know they were trying to get them over and all, but how to you just job out someone who had the status Kane had to a bunch of no-name ? ? and 99% of them ended up not amounting to ? anyway, SMH.

Also, while some of it was pretty funny, the comedy angles hurt his image too, imo. How you gonna go from being one of the most feared men in WWE to hugging it out with ? in the ring?

As a far as Big Show goes, he was alright at times as a face, but I ain't never really found dude convincing as a heel. I don't know what it is, ? big as ? but just don't seem scary to me at all. I think his personality is better suited for a face rather then heel, imo. Him looking like a manatee in a leotard might have something to do with it too, idk.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I actually liked Kane's unmasking. dude was booked as one of the last true monster heels. setting ? on fire, tombstoning ? , electrocuting dudes nuts

some savage ? . I still believe he should've been the one to beat Goldberg for the title instead of HHH
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    You left out Mark Henry cuz he's black huh?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    For Kane after 2003
    For Big Show after 2001, then again after his underrated ECW run in 2006, even tho I liked him in his role as Jerishow and Showmiz aka Jerishow Beta.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You left out Mark Henry cuz he's black huh?

Henry always been garbage, he had a couple months with the Hall Of Pain but that was it
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Show was never good to me, Kane started noticeably slowing down mid 2007 to 08 but he still put on some decent showings (twice a year max) every now and then till about 2013....

Kane should've left the E like Taker long ago and only pop up for Mania (occasionally) and possibly Summer Slam or the Rumble but he likes the buisness (also the check) and helping new guys behind the scene....
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mark henry was a dope heel champion
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Big Show was never good to me, Kane started noticeably slowing down mid 2007 to 08 but he still put on some decent showings (twice a year max) every now and then till about 2013....

Kane should've left the E like Taker long ago and only pop up for Mania (occasionally) and possibly Summer Slam or the Rumble but he likes the buisness (also the check) and helping new guys behind the scene....

Rewatch ECW Big Show in 06, minus the match with Bootista, he was having 4 star matches every week, and actually showed the most versatility in his moveset ever.

I kinda liked his Valentines Day Massacre debut in 99, and was a good understudy as a tag team with Undertaker, b4 Taker haf to go out with injury abd comeback as the ABA, but I digresss..
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane's run as champ in 2010 was cool but after that, his character slowly went on decline. The writing was on the wall once they started doing the Corporate Kane gimmick after he lost to Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules. That was Kane's time to retire. Big Show should have been gone already he brings nothing to the table so to speak. A waste of TV time. I hope 2016 is the year one of them retire if not both.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane got wack after king of the ring 98. When he had the belt for less than 24 hours

Big show always been wack
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When undertaker retired he carried them
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never really liked them so it's tough for me to answer. I'll never forgive Kane/WWE for this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILA7T89vBC0
    worst makeup job of all time!! plus didn't his face get clean soon after that? Big Show has just always been there to me. He's like the guy who hypes up the crowd during commercial breaks, he just happened to become a wrestler.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Now that Taker's back, I can't wait to see him interact w/ "Corporate" Kane
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought the thread said Big Sean and Kanye lol
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What sucks is there's no new big guys to take that spot, so they'll be around for a bit longer.

They need to scout some new big guys.