Boko Haram kills 200 Nigerians in 2 days....

jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in The Social Lounge
Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - Boko Haram carried out a fresh wave of massacres in northeastern Nigeria on Friday, locals said, killing nearly 200 people in 48 hours of violence President Muhammadu Buhari blasted as "inhuman and barbaric".

The militants have staged multiple attacks across restive Borno state since Wednesday, gunning down worshippers at evening Ramadan prayers, shooting women in their homes, and dragging men from their beds in the dead of night.

A young female suicide bomber also killed 12 worshippers when she blew herself up in a mosque in Borno. While there was no immediate claim of responsibility, Boko Haram has used both men and young women and girls as human bombs in the past.

And as night fell, Nigerian troops battled "hordes of Boko Haram gunmen" who seemed set on attacking the state capital Maiduguri, the birthplace of the extremist Islamist movement.

"President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the latest wave of killings... describing them as most inhuman and barbaric," the presidency said in a statement.

The bloodshed is the worst since Buhari came to power in May, vowing to root out the insurgency that has claimed more than 15,000 lives.
Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - Boko Haram carried out a fresh wave of massacres in northeastern Nigeria on Friday, locals said, killing nearly 200 people in 48 hours of violence President Muhammadu Buhari blasted as "inhuman and barbaric".

The militants have staged multiple attacks across restive Borno state since Wednesday, gunning down worshippers at evening Ramadan prayers, shooting women in their homes, and dragging men from their beds in the dead of night.

A young female suicide bomber also killed 12 worshippers when she blew herself up in a mosque in Borno. While there was no immediate claim of responsibility, Boko Haram has used both men and young women and girls as human bombs in the past.

And as night fell, Nigerian troops battled "hordes of Boko Haram gunmen" who seemed set on attacking the state capital Maiduguri, the birthplace of the extremist Islamist movement.

"President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the latest wave of killings... describing them as most inhuman and barbaric," the presidency said in a statement.

The bloodshed is the worst since Buhari came to power in May, vowing to root out the insurgency that has claimed more than 15,000 lives

http://news.yahoo.com/nigerian-leader-condemns-inhuman-barbaric-boko-haram-attacks-135249565.html

Comments

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumb question but why isn't anybody REALLY trying to stop this ? ???????
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll stop them when its profitable to do so.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to talk to real Nigerians about what's going on, any Nigerians posting?
    is at as bad as portrayed? or is it another white lie?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brown321 wrote: »
    They'll stop them when its profitable to do so.

^^^^^^^^^^

He gets it.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zzombie why don't u make a thread about 8 churches burning in the span of 2 weeks... why u raising awareness for Christianity???
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    D0wn wrote: »
    @Zzombie why don't u make a thread about 8 churches burning in the span of 2 weeks... why u raising awareness for Christianity???

I don't make religious threads. I don't bring up religion at all. I only respond to attacks on my faith and answer religious questions. I know alot of theology from Christian,Islamic, jewish and Asian and African religions.

But I am not a religious zealot, I am not here to spread the faith. I am not Douwant2go2heaven. I don't ask if you know him.
  • zzombie
    America has nothing to do with the creation of boko haram. All these Islamic fundamentalist exist as a result of the collapse of the ottoman empire, Arab independence and the spread of a certain philosophy within Islam.

These people practice a pure form of Islam.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absolutely ? that these extremist types rationalize their mass slaughters of innocent people as deeds of 'cleansing' that are the good, just, & moral will of ? /nature.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but why does it seem Boko Haram is only attacking citizens? If their ultimate objective is to create their version on an Islamic state, why are they not attacking the Nigerian government?
  • zzombie
    Ayo @d0wn you ? ? ass ? you have something you want to say???? you asked me a question I answered it do you have a problem with my answer
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ? up. SMH
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobek wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but why does it seem Boko Haram is only attacking citizens? If their ultimate objective is to create their version on an Islamic state, why are they not attacking the Nigerian government?

They will not win that's why. Plus if you can change the public you can change the government. I don'the see why us as a people don't do the due diligence on Islam his with Africans. They have been doing this from the start
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    I want to talk to real Nigerians about what's going on, any Nigerians posting?
    is at as bad as portrayed? or is it another white lie?

It's bad

I'm Nigerian and every real Nigerian ? knows the country as it's presently constituted is a failed state.

The Northern part of the country is predominantly populated by Muslims (and they've ruled the country more since independence) while the South is populated by Christians. It only breeds trouble like in Sudan.. I've once been in the midst of the aftermath of an ethnic-religious massacre with bodies littered on the streets

It goes back to the British Empire in the 20th century fixing up different nationalities as a "nation" and do your Googles on The Biafran War

It's still home though
  • LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    jono wrote: »

The bloodshed is the worst since Buhari came to power in May, vowing to root out the insurgency that has claimed more than 15,000 lives.

The bloodshed is the worst since Buhari came to power in May, vowing to root out the insurgency that has claimed more than 15,000 lives

http://news.yahoo.com/nigerian-leader-condemns-inhuman-barbaric-boko-haram-attacks-135249565.html

thats ? up, 200 peeps, rip to em & condolences go out too there families, truly ? up ?

the goverment is so corrupt over there, there too busy stealing tax payer money/oil money than dealing wit these sick loons

why peeps have too keep mentioning that beautiful religion everytime they mention these nutters, makes my stomach turn, for real, for real, serious ting, yo, when ira were resisting system oppression, they never always battered you over the head wit, catholic terrorism, when far right extremists do acts of terrorism they don't bat you over the head wit there ethincity or there far right fruitcake nut ? , they just call em one off nuts, losers, in ira terms though, & no disrepect too em or nuthin, peace in the middle east in northern ireland, but i call em resistance, they were resistance against imperialist oppression

big up hezbollah & hamas, there resistance

? boko haram, there fake nuts/half ? sex offenders punks & ? al quelda, ? al shabab

isis are bruddas & sisters that were characters, then got put up on game there too loony to overstand, then took legitimate grievances wit the system, but because there ? loons, have basically lost the plot and based there whole movement on madness, targeting civillians or army peeps in non warzones is loser ? , it ain't gangsta, they need too be taught the correct overstanding of things & western goverments need too fix up there foreign policys and stop turning my peeps into fruitcake zombie terrorist loons, ? up planet, but my sympathy is wit civillians from syria too iraq, too tunisia, too libyra real talk

big up palestine, all the civillians in yemen, somalia, france, uk, us, iraq, pakistan, tunisia, kenya, nigeria, & syria, rip too all civillians thats lost there lives or have been maimed aswell in this system created madness, peace in the middle east, for real, for real, only the system wins wit all this fruitcake ? , feeds into there programed script of control and teefing peoples resources, truss me on that

big up all my acki's, i'm not religious, i don't subscribe too any one religion, but i am spiritual, islam is a beautiful religion, stand up peeps, good people, big up all sects, sunni, shia, sufi, orthodox islam, unorthodox islam, nation of islam, 5 percenters, big up all religions full stop, its all good, christians, jewish, buddhists, hindu's & sikhs, rasses, the whole shebang, leave my peeps religion out of this

religion is about spiritual upliftment in its highest form, a higher level journey & relationship wit higher powers, too live in man made unperfect society's in the most positive and spiritual manner that you can, in todays contexts wit common sense, you get me fam and too be about peace & unity, across the board, but too be ready for rebelling against tyranny & oppression not too be in line wit oppressors & commiting heinious acts against humanity, you get me fam, say nuthin, i'm gone

ps:i know the loons on here are gonna be on mans ? , but i ain't got time for it, this ain't a joke ting