Am I The Only One Who Thinks Hilliary Clinton is more Full of SH## Than the Average Politician?

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Oh ? Donald Trump has a decent lead ahead of Jeb Bush now in a new poll...
    uh... decent lead?
    Donald Trump (17 percent)
    Fmr. Gov. Jeb Bush (14 percent)

The poll has a fairly large margin of error of +/- 5.25 percent.
    just saying, this is all name recognition ?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Stiff wrote: »
    Oh ? Donald Trump has a decent lead ahead of Jeb Bush now in a new poll...with Hillary's numbers going down along with Jeb Bush, I'm starting to think Trump actually has a shot, even after those Mexican comments. Shows how disgusted people are with the Bush name and Bernie's numbers are getting better as well, Hillary and Jeb better watch out

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-poll-has-donald-trump-national-lead-for-second-week-a-row

If donald trump becomes president of this country...I'm becoming Dominican again ? that ?

You were a Dominican citizen at one point? I'd be more scared of a Jeb Bush presidency personally but I feel what you saying, Trump scared me the other day when he said he's the most militaristic person he knows. ? knows what he'd do in office but Jeb Bush would be a ? boy too, probably more so with Dubya in his ear.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    janklow wrote: »
    Oh ? Donald Trump has a decent lead ahead of Jeb Bush now in a new poll...
    uh... decent lead?
    Donald Trump (17 percent)
    Fmr. Gov. Jeb Bush (14 percent)

The poll has a fairly large margin of error of +/- 5.25 percent.
    just saying, this is all name recognition ?

Okay the lead is small but remember this is happening despite Jeb raising like 100 million in just a few months, and he has name recognition too. Marco Rubio is known to be more moderate, has name recognition and he's still way behind.

Apparently, immigration is a bigger issue in America then many people thought. If Dubya can win twice, ANYTHING is possible. I didn't think Americans were crazy enough to elect re-elect Bush after the Iraq War, but they actually were. Trump is known for saying stupid ? but then again, so is Jeb and so is Hilary.....it's why I'm not counting Trump out yet.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilldog is talking cash-money about income inequality, but has zero intentions on reinstating the Glass Steagall Act. She's garbage! If Warren joins Bernie in order to help him garner votes we may have a President with some integrity. The rest of the field--or those that would be a viable choice--are garbage.

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    donald trump the next president of america
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    donald trump the next president of america

I hope not. Last night I was watching the JRE and Joey Diaz talked about how Trump would exploit small business owners to complete his construction ventures in NY during the 80's. Basically, they would acquire the materials, provide labor, then Trump would just not pay them. They would then be left with the cost of the materials and be forced out of business. I say this knowing full-well Diaz is not a scholarly source, but he had first hand experience (anecdotal evidence).

Also, Trump is a ? that inherited his wealth.

• janklow
    Okay the lead is small but remember this is happening despite Jeb raising like 100 million in just a few months, and he has name recognition too. Marco Rubio is known to be more moderate, has name recognition and he's still way behind.
    i think you think Rubio has more name recognition than he does with the average voter because you're following this primary. there's a reason why actual candidates (Bush, Rubio, etc, whatever you think of them) are sucking up this money despite Trump "doing so well."
    Apparently, immigration is a bigger issue in America then many people thought.
    well, hey, if the Koches are going to buy this election (i think that's what Obama warned me about), then it's a poor position for Trump to take.
  • janklow
    (Nope) wrote: »
    Also, Trump is a ? that inherited his wealth.
    ...and lies about how much he is worth.

• kingblaze84
    i think you think Rubio has more name recognition than he does with the average voter because you're following this primary. there's a reason why actual candidates (Bush, Rubio, etc, whatever you think of them) are sucking up this money despite Trump "doing so well."
    Apparently, immigration is a bigger issue in America then many people thought.
    well, hey, if the Koches are going to buy this election (i think that's what Obama warned me about), then it's a poor position for Trump to take.

The "establishment" on the conservative side does favor Jeb and Rubio over Trump, but Trump's favorability ratings are going up among actual Republicans too. He has a lead in another major poll so despite the Koch machine, Trump is probably the favorite for Republicans now. He has the most steam but long term I don't know if he can hold on. He says dumb things on the road but as you know, Jeb says dumb things too.

The Koch brothers I think raised more money for Romney and correct me if I'm wrong but I think Romney outraised Obama in 2012? If not then he was fairly close. So money isn't everything and Trump is rich too.
  • kingblaze84
    Hillary is taking a beating in the polls, only 39% of Americans have a favorable view of her now.....even Democrats are not looking at her as favorable anymore

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-gfk-poll-americans-view-clinton-republicans-unfavorably-071925104--election.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — More Americans now have an unfavorable than a favorable view of Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll that finds negative ratings of the former secretary of state have increased over the past few months, especially among Democrats.

Just 39 percent of Americans have a favorable view of Clinton, while 49 percent have an unfavorable view, according to the new survey. In an AP-GfK poll conducted at the end of April, 46 percent had a favorable opinion and just 41 percent had an unfavorable opinion of Clinton.

--If these poll numbers for her keep going down, don't be shocked if a Republican eventually wins the presidency. I have a feeling more Democrats are gonna try to enter the race in the next few months.
  • zzombie
    Hillary is taking a beating in the polls, only 39% of Americans have a favorable view of her now.....even Democrats are not looking at her as favorable anymore

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-gfk-poll-americans-view-clinton-republicans-unfavorably-071925104--election.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — More Americans now have an unfavorable than a favorable view of Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll that finds negative ratings of the former secretary of state have increased over the past few months, especially among Democrats.

Just 39 percent of Americans have a favorable view of Clinton, while 49 percent have an unfavorable view, according to the new survey. In an AP-GfK poll conducted at the end of April, 46 percent had a favorable opinion and just 41 percent had an unfavorable opinion of Clinton.

--If these poll numbers for her keep going down, don't be shocked if a Republican eventually wins the presidency. I have a feeling more Democrats are gonna try to enter the race in the next few months.

Didn't I tell you that ? wasn't going to win.
  • janklow
    edited July 2015
    The "establishment" on the conservative side does favor Jeb and Rubio over Trump, but Trump's favorability ratings are going up among actual Republicans too. He has a lead in another major poll so despite the Koch machine, Trump is probably the favorite for Republicans now.
    not really. a couple of points:

#01. "lead in another major poll," to use the example you gave earlier, is probably something like 17-14. this is not what we'd use to declare anyone a favorite for the primary. honestly, whoever's the head of the pack at any given moment right now shouldn't be (and hasn't been that i have seen) called an actual favorite.
    #02. while his favorability ratings are going up... he's still at 40 percent negative WITH REPUBLICANS.
    #03. looking at the money being these candidates... Bush has $120 million and Trump $1.9 million... and 1.8 of that is Trump's own money. i won't say that money dictates EVERYTHING, but still.
    He has the most steam but long term I don't know if he can hold on. He says dumb things on the road but as you know, Jeb says dumb things too.
    yeah, so here's the thing: you are WAY too biased about Bush to fairly equate dumb things that Trump says versus dumb things Bush says. i mean, i get the gaffe concept, but Trump's "dumb things" have been a whole other extreme level.
    The Koch brothers I think raised more money for Romney and correct me if I'm wrong but I think Romney outraised Obama in 2012? If not then he was fairly close.
    NYT says Obama raised 1.073 billion and Romney 992 million. but i am not sure about this comparison because obviously the chosen nominee starts sucking in cash. so maybe we need to look at the primaries? (Romney raised the most)
    So money isn't everything and Trump is rich too.
    he also lies about what he's worth.
    If these poll numbers for her keep going down, don't be shocked if a Republican eventually wins the presidency. I have a feeling more Democrats are gonna try to enter the race in the next few months.
    i just want to see her lose in the primary to someone who's NOT O'Malley just to see the meltdown.
  • janklow
    The "establishment" on the conservative side does favor Jeb and Rubio over Trump, but Trump's favorability ratings are going up among actual Republicans too. He has a lead in another major poll so despite the Koch machine, Trump is probably the favorite for Republicans now.
    not to be redundant, but i forgot this article related to Trump that i wanted to throw out there:

Two Good Reasons Not To Take The Donald Trump ‘Surge’ Seriously
    The magnificent Donald Trump has soared, bald-eagle-like, to the top of Republican presidential primary polls. He’s now in second place, behind only Jeb Bush, with what The Donald might call “the highest 13 percent ever recorded in human history” in polls conducted since he announced his bid for the presidency last month. So how seriously should we take the Trump “surge”?

The take-Trump-seriously logic goes something like this: There’s a lot of anger in the far right of the Republican Party, and The Donald is successfully tapping into it. He’s articulating positions that appeal to the far right on immigration, education and President Obama’s place of birth. The magnificent Trump, himself, has acknowledged that the tea party “loves me.” (Then again, what group does Trump believe doesn’t love him — besides the establishment?)

But the polling points to another, less sexy story: First, Republican voters don’t rate Trump as all that conservative, and second, he’s actually polling about equally well among all sections of the GOP. In Trump speak, this means he is loved universally; in reality, the broad, shallow nature of Trump’s support suggests it’s due mostly to near-universal name recognition, thanks in part to being in the news more often than the news anchors.

But what about the most conservative voters — the voters who you would have thought would be cheering the loudest as Trump rode down that escalator with the grace and poise of a modern-day Humphrey Bogart? In the two polls with a “tea party” and “very conservative” crosstab, Trump has averaged 13 percent and 19 percent, respectively. In the same polls with these crosstabs available, Trump took 12 percent and 15 percent of the overall vote, respectively. Those differences are not statistically significant.
    (Compare Trump and his lack of a base to Bush, whose base is evident in these surveys. Although Bush is averaging 15 percent in the polls, he’s at 24 percent with moderates and liberals. Tea party supporters give him just 7 percent of the vote, on average.)

It’s difficult to assign cause and effect to polling. We can’t know for sure why Trump is doing relatively well in the primary polls (it’s worth remembering: Although good enough for second place in an overstuffed Republican primary field, 13 percent is still just 13 percent). But the fact that Trump’s support is mostly flat across the party suggests he has not raced to the top because of his very conservative positions or fire-breathing rhetoric. Something is appealing to all parts of the GOP, and that something is likely the fact that Trump has been in the news a lot lately. We’ll see how he does when the novelty wears off.
  • zzombie
    Donald trump for president ? the haters
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The presidency is gonna be determined by swing voters... So if Hilary can steer clear she is gonna be the next president

Especially considering the last couple of yrs approval of the Republican run congress has been at historic lows

Which isnt surprising they haven't done ? but:

-Try to take away ppls health care

-Deter the young, poor, and blks from voting

-Strip women of their reproductive rights

-Demonize Latinos

-Deter ? from getting married

etc...

They've ? off a lot of voters...even old ppl

Most the Republicans in the field are proponents of privatizing S.S.

Sure Hilary is a centralist at heart, but for most Americans she will be the lesser of two evils

I like Bernie but he's not winning the candidacy

Kudos to Trump too... He is helping to push the Republican field to the far, far right... That'll get u a seat in Congress, but its not gonna win u a national election

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The presidency is gonna be determined by swing voters... So if Hilary can steer clear she is gonna be the next president

Especially considering the last couple of yrs approval of the Republican run congress has been at historic lows

-Demonize Latinos

etc...

Sure Hilary is a centralist at heart, but for most Americans she will be the lesser of two evils

Kudos to Trump too... He is helping to push the Republican field to the far, far right... That'll get u a seat in Congress, but its not gonna win u a national election

you have to bellieeeeeve

I heard a speech from Hilliary and she dam near sounds like she believes in trickle-down economics
  • desertrain10

-Demonize Latinos

etc...

you have to bellieeeeeve

I heard a speech from Hilliary and she dam near sounds like she believes in trickle-down economics

She's Bill in a skirt

But she did advocate for universal healthcare in the 90s...that has to count for something lol
  • zzombie
    that dry ? is not going to be president she has the personality of a camel and I'm not talking Jay-Z.

If Hillary win the democratic nomination and a more exciting republican wins his nomination

There will be low voter turnout on the democratic side and she will lose because nobody genuinely likes her she's too much of a fraud.

• zzombie

Marco Rubio stands a better chance of becoming president than Hillary Clinton does
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

-Demonize Latinos

etc...

you have to bellieeeeeve

She's Bill in a skirt

But she did advocate for universal healthcare in the 90s...that has to count for something lol

She don't anymore!

she's flip flopped on so much ? over the years it's crazy

Now that "getting the money out of politics" is the catch-phrase she's all for that too...while simultaneously having the largest superpac in the race and pretty much openly being a corporate interests candidate

in the 90s she was against ? marriage (she supported civil unions)...now that tides changed she's for complete marriage equality

In the early 2000's she was going hard on illegal immigrants...now that hispanics are the largest minority she favors pathway to citizenship

and the list goes on. ? is ridiculous.
  • desertrain10
    edited July 2015
    that dry ? is not going to be president she has the personality of a camel and I'm not talking Jay-Z.

If Hillary win the democratic nomination and a more exciting republican wins his nomination

There will be low voter turnout on the democratic side and she will lose because nobody genuinely likes her she's too much of a fraud.

A low turnout? Lol

Bruh

Not on the Democratic side

No matter if it is Hillary

Latinos, blks, women, ? , ppl who are scared of the gutting of Obama care are going to make sure a Republican is not in the White House

And no matter who the GOP nominates that person is going to be associated with a party that has no new ideas and encourages intolerance

Until that changes they aren't winning another presidency

Than white women are going to come out in droves to elect the first female president if she is the candidate

• kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    not really. a couple of points:

#01. "lead in another major poll," to use the example you gave earlier, is probably something like 17-14. this is not what we'd use to declare anyone a favorite for the primary. honestly, whoever's the head of the pack at any given moment right now shouldn't be (and hasn't been that i have seen) called an actual favorite.
    #02. while his favorability ratings are going up... he's still at 40 percent negative WITH REPUBLICANS.
    #03. looking at the money being these candidates... Bush has $120 million and Trump $1.9 million... and 1.8 of that is Trump's own money. i won't say that money dictates EVERYTHING, but still.
    He has the most steam but long term I don't know if he can hold on. He says dumb things on the road but as you know, Jeb says dumb things too.
    yeah, so here's the thing: you are WAY too biased about Bush to fairly equate dumb things that Trump says versus dumb things Bush says. i mean, i get the gaffe concept, but Trump's "dumb things" have been a whole other extreme level.
    The Koch brothers I think raised more money for Romney and correct me if I'm wrong but I think Romney outraised Obama in 2012? If not then he was fairly close.
    NYT says Obama raised 1.073 billion and Romney 992 million. but i am not sure about this comparison because obviously the chosen nominee starts sucking in cash. so maybe we need to look at the primaries? (Romney raised the most)
    So money isn't everything and Trump is rich too.
    he also lies about what he's worth.
    If these poll numbers for her keep going down, don't be shocked if a Republican eventually wins the presidency. I have a feeling more Democrats are gonna try to enter the race in the next few months.
    i just want to see her lose in the primary to someone who's NOT O'Malley just to see the meltdown.

Trump may be lying about his wealth but he did make 300 million last year off The Apprentice alone. Trump real estate is still doing very well so he's probably still a billionaire. And the polls are a little early but the debates start August 6th and that's when we start to have an idea of who the nominee could be. If Trump does well in the debates AND keeps his poll numbers stable, he's gonna be a big force, I'm listening to NY talk radio and lurking a few conservative sites and without a doubt Trump seems more popular then Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush holding George W Bush's advice "valuable" is something even Trump has been using in his campaign speeches and I tell ya, those words scare a LOT of Republicans.

Trump has also said dumb things, we know that but Trump is over Jeb in new polls despite that. We'll see later on if you're right
  • zzombie
    edited July 2015

A low turnout? Lol

Bruh

Not on the Democratic side

No matter if it is Hillary

Latinos, blks, women, ? , ppl who are scared of the gutting of Obama care are going to make sure a Republican is not in the White House

And no matter who the GOP nominates that person is going to be associated with a party that has no new ideas and encourages intolerance

Until that changes they aren't winning another presidency

Than white women are going to come out in droves to elect the first female president if she is the candidate

Women hate women so I don't think they will come out in droves for stale ass Hillary Clinton she inspires no one and energizes nobody and on top of all that she's old when was the last time we had an old president ??? the 1980's and he was super popular and had a strong personality

Black people are going to stay home we definitely won't vote in the same numbers we did last time. And Rubio very well could pick up the Latino vote.

• janklow
    Trump may be lying about his wealth but he did make 300 million last year off The Apprentice alone. Trump real estate is still doing very well so he's probably still a billionaire.
    yes, he is rich. but if your mystique is "i am a successful businessman" and you're rich because your father staked you and you're currently lying about your worth... well, what good is telling me how successful you are?
    And the polls are a little early but the debates start August 6th and that's when we start to have an idea of who the nominee could be. If Trump does well in the debates AND keeps his poll numbers stable, he's gonna be a big force, I'm listening to NY talk radio and lurking a few conservative sites and without a doubt Trump seems more popular then Jeb Bush.
    he's not going to do well in the debates aside from throwing red meat out there and it's not about keeping poll numbers stable: these poll numbers just don't mean that much right now.
    Jeb Bush holding George W Bush's advice "valuable" is something even Trump has been using in his campaign speeches and I tell ya, those words scare a LOT of Republicans.
    this is entirely my point. Trump is saying racist ? about Mexicans and you STILL can't get over Jeb Bush talking about his brother's advice. not sure why a guy who was president for eight years having advice on any level to give Jeb is so horrifying UNLESS, as i said, "you are WAY too biased about Bush to fairly equate dumb things that Trump says versus dumb things Bush says."
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Trump may be lying about his wealth but he did make 300 million last year off The Apprentice alone. Trump real estate is still doing very well so he's probably still a billionaire.
    yes, he is rich. but if your mystique is "i am a successful businessman" and you're rich because your father staked you and you're currently lying about your worth... well, what good is telling me how successful you are?
    And the polls are a little early but the debates start August 6th and that's when we start to have an idea of who the nominee could be. If Trump does well in the debates AND keeps his poll numbers stable, he's gonna be a big force, I'm listening to NY talk radio and lurking a few conservative sites and without a doubt Trump seems more popular then Jeb Bush.
    he's not going to do well in the debates aside from throwing red meat out there and it's not about keeping poll numbers stable: these poll numbers just don't mean that much right now.
    Jeb Bush holding George W Bush's advice "valuable" is something even Trump has been using in his campaign speeches and I tell ya, those words scare a LOT of Republicans.
    this is entirely my point. Trump is saying racist ? about Mexicans and you STILL can't get over Jeb Bush talking about his brother's advice. not sure why a guy who was president for eight years having advice on any level to give Jeb is so horrifying UNLESS, as i said, "you are WAY too biased about Bush to fairly equate dumb things that Trump says versus dumb things Bush says."

The poll numbers have some significance though, whoever is in the top ten of polling makes the debates and Trump most likely will make them. I agree it's still early and Trump might say something else dumb but as I've been saying repeatedly here, Jeb Bush says dumb things too, so that will keep Trump's hopes alive. You say Trump's worst statements outweigh Jeb Bush's worst statements, but the polls still show Trump with the lead.

The big exception to that of course is Trump says something so outrageous that his fans turn against him. Yes Trump's Mexican comments were wrong but it actually made him more popular with Republicans and some independents. So until Trump says something worst, he's gonna have a serious shot. Probably a 40% shot at this time. I dare say he has almost as good a shot as Bernie Sanders, considering Bernie's beliefs bother many Americans too.