Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

1202122232426»

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the bluray from best buy too and they didnt give me a ? shirt

?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copped mine today. Had to support
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I got the bluray from best buy too and they didnt give me a ? shirt

?

lol may have been sold out, was only 3 left when I copped mine around lunch time.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Film ill just copy and paste my LCA post
    Just watched this today. This was much better than i anticipated hell of a film.. and ill take back my comments scoffing at the idea that this should receive Oscar consideration. It take me back to a time when Rap was catching hell from political figures and the most infamous crime of police brutality of that time. Which at the time i was aware of being 11. This summer i went in the crates on Ice Cube and NWA as i was too young at that point. But yeah this joint can be seeing as part history, part social bookmark, part coming of age film. It was pretty long but i didn't feel like i suffered through it it was a good watch.
  • Stew
    Great Film ill just copy and paste my LCA post
    Just watched this today. This was much better than i anticipated hell of a film.. and ill take back my comments scoffing at the idea that this should receive Oscar consideration. It take me back to a time when Rap was catching hell from political figures and the most infamous crime of police brutality of that time. Which at the time i was aware of being 11. This summer i went in the crates on Ice Cube and NWA as i was too young at that point. But yeah this joint can be seeing as part history, part social bookmark, part coming of age film. It was pretty long but i didn't feel like i suffered through it it was a good watch.

Whoever came up with the quote on the cover is genius......"THE GROUP THAT DEFINED A GENERATION BECOMES THE MOVIE OF OUR TIME"
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really didnt think anything of it but yeah you are right that was brilliant more things change more things change the same
  • Stew
    Ill leave this open for a few more days, watched the directors cut last night and a couple things....

1. The deleted scenes were deleted for a good reason, wasnt many tho.

2. The extra parts that were omitted from the on-screen movie were noticeable, I wont spoil it but they went more into detail on a couple things that a lot of ppl were complaining about after watching it when it first came out.

Great cop.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    Ill leave this open for a few more days, watched the directors cut last night and a couple things....

1. The deleted scenes were deleted for a good reason, wasnt many tho.

2. The extra parts that were omitted from the on-screen movie were noticeable, I wont spoil it but they went more into detail on a couple things that a lot of ppl were complaining about after watching it when it first came out.

Great cop.

Did they explain the straw switching tho?
  • TheGOAT
    Just watched the directors cut & special features.

Bone Sloan is in a few of the special features. Looks like he was a regular on the set.

They had Paul Giamatti dressed up like Jerry Heller, rockin a gold ? chain, hittin switches in a lowrider. It was GOAT

DJ Jazzy Jeff actually did the scratches on that dope mux Dre is spinning when he & cubes characters 1st come together.

Gunna watch it again tonight with director commentary. Maybe that will finally solve the straws mystery.
  • TheGOAT
    Watchin director commentary.

-no in depth analysis on straw switching. F Gary just called it "a funny moment"

-F Gary called the DOC a houston mc (smh)
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Watched the DVD last night and all the extras and Eazy was loosing it in the extra clips after Cube left and dissed them back...Cube was the goose that layed them golden eggs *Clay Davis*...
  • TheGOAT
    ...Watched the DVD last night and all the extras and Eazy was loosing it in the extra clips after Cube left and dissed them back...Cube was the goose that layed them golden eggs *Clay Davis*...

Yea in the director commentary Gary said Dr Dre said himself that NWA was really never the same after No Vasaline
This discussion has been closed.